Reviews for A Little Less Conversation
The-Sun-Princess chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
I love Kate and Lanie girl-talk.
I'm hoping for lots this season
ajbt720 chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
"You keep lyin' to yourself and one day they'll make you president."

That's great!
lovering chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
I'd love more of the Beckett and Lanie friendship on the show, so it's always nice to read some girl talk. Well written!
Blamedbear chapter 1 . 12/1/2011
I love the friendship between Lanier and Kate, and the roll reversal. I would absolutely LCD to read more ff stories like this one. Thankyou. :)
justanotherfan chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
I dont know how I missed this fic (I check this site more than is considered healthly), but this was great. We need more Kate and Lanie moments.

"Ooh, hey - if we pass by the guys, you want me to run interference?"

Lanie grabbed her blue coat from the hook, expression flattening sharply. "Now stop that."

"No, seriously, I could throw my jacket over you and he'd never know. It totally worked in L.A." - LMAO!

"Katherine Beckett. I will climb those boots and slap you if I have to."

"Of course, he'd probably still know it was you since we're coming from the morgue. But that's okay, 'cause then we can just cut through the back alley that leads a block over and cross in front of Winston's…"

"I am half a step from pretending I don't know you."

"Oh, I know! We could always dress you up as Elvis…"

This would have been a great scene, I could so pictue this as the end scene for the epsode. Would have made the episode so much better!
MHoles chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
I loved this line

Hey, that's all right by me. You keep lyin' to yourself and one day they'll make you president."
Addicted1 chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
Great girl talk fic! The Castle writers have done a great job with the Castle/Esposito/Ryan dynamic and the Kate/Lanie dynamic that is is nice to read a story that exploits them. Keep them coming! It's refreshing!
TheseAngelWings chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
This is amazing! And, no fear, you are not alone in the Esplanie shipping :)
VMsuperfan chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
i love this story. esplanie need to get back together.
lv2bnsb1 chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
I loved the bit from Lanie about climbing Beckett's boots to slap her. That was really funny.
Aline23 chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
That was fun!

I totally think we need more Beckett/Lanie moments on the show. (:
uwprincess chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
I thought this was much needed girl talk and very in character. I too have hope that they will get back together...thanks for sharing!
Father Vengeance chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
In a word: Delightful. You give them such wonderful voices, nicely in-character and different from one another. One can feel the barriers each has in place as they lob those comments at each others fortifications. Likewise, most amusing to see them exploiting the known weak spots.

There's so much of them that we don't get to see, can only imagine. I like to think that in the properly trusted company, both women lower the drawbridge to their walls and enjoy a bit of openness we're unfamiliar with as an audience. You hint at that concept so well with this. At least, that's what I'm taking away. Well done. Keep the faith!
DLillith21 chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
This was a great chapter (and fabulous title). I'm not 100% committed to Esplanie, but I am committed to Kate & Lanie friendship so love those opportunities for our girls to bond. Love the addition of Lanie's snark about Kate (size 0, super girl mask, and writer boy) all too fabulous. Thanks for writing!
acrosswaters chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
I'd pay to have a scene like this one in the show, this was fantastic, Kate and Lainie talking and Esplainie!