Reviews for Boxing Out
That was a very powerful chapter. I know this is only half way through in chapter ten of twenty but, I wanted to mention this. I love stories that the drama happens but, not between Bella and Edward's relationship. This was a really good example of that. That poor child. Who murders a baby? It makes me ill thinking about it. Edward’s reaction was spot on. Especially his need for Bella. The raw animalistic need to connect with the person you love becomes a need, not a want. Bella's side of it was so good too. She knew he needed her and in a much different way than before. His pounding into her, in search of reminding himself that they are both still very much alive. The talking afterwards. All of it, was brilliantly written.
ChristyWIX chapter 20 . 2/10
What a wonderful way to complete this story. I had a feeling when they got around to having children, they’d choose Garrett if they had a boy. Esme and Carlisle must’ve been beside themselves with learning his name upon his birth. I hope Garrett's middle name is Charles. And now, they’ve got a little girl too. One of each is perfect. This was a very sweet story. I truly enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing your imagination with us here. ~Christy
ChristyWIX chapter 19 . 2/10
That was so stressful for her. With three ladies chosen to standup with her for the wedding, shouldn’t they have helped more? Maybe it was a control thing with Bella? Edward even mentioned that he wanted to help and she only asked for his help with choosing the food and music. Strange. I loved their vows to each other. They were, again, perfectly them. It was good to learn he did get the job he set out for with the FBI working their art crime unit. Good.
ChristyWIX chapter 18 . 2/9
That was a wonderful reenactment of two of their first dates. He was very thoughtful in doing that for the proposal. It was perfectly them. Wonderful chapter.
ChristyWIX chapter 17 . 2/9
Interesting chapter. They knew it’d be rough. I figured they were right. I never figured him for ignoring her and basically taking advantage of her the way he is. Didn’t see that coming. At least he’s realized it and maybe they can work to fix it. They have to, they’ve still got years ahead of them of the same time suck coming up.
ChristyWIX chapter 16 . 2/9
When Edward mentioned that he felt he wasn’t clicking with Renee, I thought her reason would be exactly what it was. The realization that Bella has found a home with Edward and NYC. She is not coming 'home' again, at least not permanently and it's sinking in. Very refreshing change with Jacob being really kind with Edward. He was nothing but nice and welcoming. I liked that and it’s not normal in stories much, due to canon. Edward stepping between Paul and Quil, was nice of him to do, for all involved. Had it turned more heated, it would’ve been bad for the guests inside. Very disrespectful to Charlie and Renee. Edward settling it before it started, was very good for him to do. Charlie certainly appreciated it. Their time away at Mt. Rainer and in Olympic National Park was fun to read too.
ChristyWIX chapter 15 . 2/9
Five in the morning would be eight on his body . . . even after being there for three days, it shouldn’t have been that awful for Edward. I liked that Renee had already made breakfast for them. That she just crawls back in bed once Charlie leaves. That’s funny. I can see Bella planned the very same thing, of going back to bed. Charlie and Edward’s conversation on the lake was wonderful. I liked that it was a wee teeny bit awkward for Edward. Then he felt more comfortable as it went on. Charlie getting into telling the story of a young Bella angry at a young Jacob. He was very fun to read. Letting him know he’s changing careers and that Bella is on board with it. That went fairly well. Edward caught the first fish! Charlie seemed much happier than Edward about it.
ChristyWIX chapter 14 . 2/9
Edward was funny in this one. The crankiness of leaving earlier that he wanted to for the airport, then the TSA line. Wanting coffee and realizing it was back from where he just traversed. I haven't flown into NYC in a decade but, most airports these days have Starbucks or Peete's past the security area and out by the gates. I can't imagine JFK would be any different these days. Edward wasn't kidding about the rain. Born, raised and still living in the San Francisco Bay Area and we do get rain but, it is nothing like your east coast rain. Even when it pours down here, still nothing like your rain. Hubs and I go to Disney World annually and it will rain occasionally. The first time we were there for a downpour, we were amazed at the sheer size of the drops. We did not know rain came that big and heavy. It was completely fascinating to the two of us. I digress. I really liked that Charlie came right up to Edward and introduced himself. Even joking that Renee and Bella would be a while. I loved that her parents had the futon for them to share. That was refreshing, to have realistic parents. They really liked their gifts from Edward. Charlie has a giant smile and that was fun. Very fun first meeting. I think the look that passed over Renee's face with Bella, was realization that Bella was not coming home again. That her home was not there in NYC with Edward. Renee grabbed those feelings back, right quick, and controlled that hurt that only a mom would know.
ChristyWIX chapter 13 . 2/9
I rather liked the gift ideas they both came up with. The thought process of Edward's gift to Charlie, was funny. I do hope the man 'gets it', as Edward was half hoping he would and wouldn't. Edward really, really like the laptop and briefcase. And later, the keychain. His gift to her was very cute. The engravings made it so precious. You scared me for a minute with the shooting. However, I realized that Carlisle or Esme would call her immediately if they had been contacted. Then she thought to call them herself. It was really nice of Esme to calm Bella, even though she may not have been calm herself. Why is Edward waiting until the Fall semester, when he could've starting in the Winter semester that starts in January? Why wait that much longer to start his new adventure? Odd.
ChristyWIX chapter 12 . 2/9
Gah! His words of loving her. The way you wrote that, sooooo good. I was wondering why they had not said that to one another yet. It seemed so strange considering they both seem to have loved each other right from the start. This whole chapter shows how much they love each other. In the way he knew something was wrong inside her head. The way she realized when they were nearing his house, that something was wrong with him as well. That shows how in tuned with one another they are. They will miss each other, that is for sure.
ChristyWIX chapter 11 . 2/8
I’m thinking Bella being tired is a direct result of them not using condoms that night he needed her like no other time. I think she may be pregnant. The run in with Tanya was definitely advantage Bella. She handled that very, very well. Didn’t take her crap and told her straight. I liked when she told Edward later, that he was proud of her. I didn’t realize that Emmett was an attorney. I’m glad Edward had a sounding board in his father and Emmett both. He’s made a very big decision to quit one career and do a completely different one. It didn’t make any sense to me until he brought up the FBI position with the art division. Thing is though, the FBI chooses you, you don’t get to choose them. He does have some definite pros on his side though, with his adoration of art and a former police career. Plus, this is fiction so, there’s that ;) I loved that Bella accepted it wholeheartedly. She really is championing him right now. He needs that. Three years seem very short for schooling of that type of career. Could he intern with Emmett at his firm? I guess Edward owns his apartment, if he’s taking out money against it to put himself through school. I was twenty-four when I changed careers completely. I’d done mine for six years and decided, nope, not for me. Went back to school and have been doing what I do now ever since.
ChristyWIX chapter 9 . 2/8
That was a fun day together. The ferry ride. The talk of him going home with her for Christmas and him agreeing. His parent may be a wee bit sad about that. They’ve got a great deal of family there that they can have fun with in Brooklyn. Still, it’s their only son. Yet, they had to know one day this would come. Switching off the holidays is tough work at first. Hubs and I managed to fit in both each holiday, thankfully. Their attempt at shower sex was more realistic than most fics out there. Especially when the man is that much taller. I liked that they went back to their earlier topic and finished it up. It was really lovely what he said to her. It was truthful too, as you could tell by his words. Her too, with him. It’s good Peter cut Bella free before although, I’m thinking Edward may be right about Peter may have cheated before he left. Water under the bridge now. Edward and Bella are both way better offnow.
ChristyWIX chapter 8 . 2/8
Poor Edward getting called into work. I bet he'll not let his paperwork lapse again. I’d he had finished it Friday, he wouldn’t have to have gone in that morning. I loved that Mookie snuggled right up on Bella and fell asleep. Too cute. I liked that they were starting to talk about the exes. He’d asked about Peter and I am quite sure Bella would’ve followed up with asking about Tanya, as that is the natural flow of those types of conversation. Unfortunately they ran into her before they had a chance to finish that topic. Tanya may want Edward back but, Edward most definitely doesn’t want her back. That is what Bella needs to remember. If Tanya tries to insert herself into Edward’s life in some unnatural way, Edward will thwart her. Perhaps even Bella would do it.
ChristyWIX chapter 7 . 2/8
He hogged the bed covers that first night. I love that he awoke and realized it, then was trash talking himself for it. That was cute. I had wondered if Bella had shot a text off to Angela to let her know she wasn't coming home and got my answer in this chapter. She must've been really worried. Her note she left for Bella was funny. Dinner sounded yummy. I liked that she took the initiative and straddled him at the table. She was done waiting. She's been without for two years. We learned he had a few one and done's since Tanya and he ended last year. At least that was how I understood it, when he said dates. They were very sexy and quite compatible in bed together. I liked that they did it more than once too. They were both done waiting, hehehe.
ChristyWIX chapter 6 . 2/8
I liked the scene with Charlotte, Bella and Edward. Very cute. Her assisting Mrs. Mallory back down to the party was something I would've done too. I adore older people, they are so fun. Most of them not giving two craps about any decorum any longer, and they've earned that. I knew she'd fall asleep on him, with her being tired not much earlier in the chapter. I really liked that his parents were concerned about her. Carlisle doing a quick check on her and Esme practically falling all over herself to get them to Edward's room. I can already see how much his parents adore her. I liked that he's nervous over the possibility of meeting her parents. I know that painting, yet never noticed no doors in or out. Creepy. I love that he asked her to stay the night at his place. I really, really like that nothing is happening beyond sleeping this first night. They can get all kinds of funky after dinner the next evening. ;)
2,130 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »