Reviews for Getting There
Ctf20 chapter 1 . 3/10
loved this. so sad for both of them!
SparkleMouse chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
He'd made up a thousand reasons for her behavior that seem so stupid now that she's kneeling on the cold, concrete sidewalk, her breath a sharp staccato that doesn't look like it's actually getting any air into her lungs. - Love this. She's so sad in that episode (but let's face it, sexy as all hell.)

He puts his hands on her shoulders and pushes her onto the ground and drapes his body over hers. - Well don't crush her, Castle! Jesus.

"I love you too," she whispers around her gasps, like the words are being wrenched from her, "I love you too."

He reaches a hand up, strokes her cheekbone, brushes his lips against hers, presses himself a little harder into her heaving chest, says into her mouth, "you're okay, you're okay, you're okay." - Oh god. That's so heartbreaking. I just want to hug them.

Not the time, he tells himself, but what comes out of his mouth is, "You remember." - LOVE this. I can see this playing out. Especially on a curb. (There's a deleted Grey's Anatomy scene that takes place on a curb that I LOVE.)

Don't Stop Believing is blasting somewhere outside my window. A brief moment of pause on reading so I can rock out.

Okay I'm back! The rocking out has been completed.

"And I was panicked, more panicked almost than I've ever been, so panicked that you think I'd have just lashed out on instinct so that I could have made that stand with Montgomery. But underneath every other feeling was this thought that I couldn't erase: If I give into what I want, Castle will go down with me."

He considers, nods once. "If it came to that, I wouldn't have left you." - THEY ARE THE PERFECT COUPLE AND THIS IS SO TRUE TO CHARACTER.

I think, maybe, we can save each other, - Oh godddddddd.

"I'll tell you what," he says. "Come have some hot chocolate with me at the loft."

"Hot chocolate," she says flatly. "That's your solution." - 1) I love what he says and 2) Her response is so fucking her. I just want to hug you.

And the end. It so could have gone this way and it would have been just as amazing as Always.
nixer chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
Love this. Of course. But interestingly, I don't agree with why she didn't go back for Montgomery. Usually I agree with your extrapolations, and this is a viable explanation. But I always felt that scene in the hanger was more about Montgomery than most shippers give it credit for. Lots of fans count it as another time Castle saved her life. Technically, of course, they're correct. But in that particular case, Castle was a tool Montgomery used because it was always his intention to save Beckett, no matter what. He knew Castle was in love with her and he used that. You can see Castle's hesitation and you know he hates to leave the Captain, but there was no way he could leave Beckett there. The whole sequence threw the mutual feeling of Beckett and Montgomery into sharp relief. They loved each other. She was his protege, he was her mentor. A father who didn't let her down - until he did. And it all unraveled, it was all a lie, but still they loved each other. I know Beckett could have over-powered Castle, she could have gone back. I think part of the reason was that she was crying so hard it was difficult to breathe, but I think the thought underneath it all that pushed her to acquiesce was not the desire to save Castle, but the acceptance of Montgomery's desire to save her. The recognition that this was his choice, and if she stayed and died with him it would be a sacrifice made in vain. Her protests are more about the choice than Castle's part in it. Anyway. That's my 2 cents. :)
CastleLover49 chapter 1 . 3/15/2012

Oh my goodness, this made my heart stop!

What a fantastic fic. I loved it. Like a lot. :) I was literally walking around my house reading this on my phone bumping into things because I couldn't tear my eyes away.

Any chance there will be a follow up involving hot chocolate? *blinks eyes pleadingly* Please? :)

X
leuska chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
Oh, I loved this take on things sooo much!

Both of them secretaly digging and her getting herself hurt again, poor castle, i can only imagine what he must have gone trhough a second time.

loved the line where he showed up at the hospital, no flowers, no smile. *heartbreak*

As always, wonderful job of the most exquisite kind!
jennifergarnerfan chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
Awesome. You capture everything so well. Thanks for posting!
shipper1013 chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
Fantastic!
ainsleyhayes chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
This is one of the most beautiful Castle fanfics I've read. I (like probably every other Castle fan in the world) can't wait until the 21st! This story gives it something to live up to... thank you so much for writing!
chezchuckles chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
oh man, this was so very very good. I just. . .why is it that every time I review your stories I can't find any good words to use? where do they go? they just evaporate. also, it's nearly midnight and I need sleep, so that could be it too. well, what am I saying? I write long past midnight most nights. so that's not it. it's just THIS STORY. all your stories. they just. . .leave me wordless. not speechless, cause obviously, I'm still talking, but they just knock all the good words right out of my head. like they've all gotten used to perfection by you already so there's no point in having them.

this was really great. Getting There. yeah, yeah, they ARE. and her shocky flashbacky 'i love you too' was just kinda perfect. a perfect way for her to both admit the truth and let him know in return. very cool.
nightsinlisbon chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
OMG, the shooting scene! Gut-wrenchingly terrific! My expectations for Kill Shot just increased even more after reading this beautiful one-shot. Thank you so much!
Meghan chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
These Kill Shot fics are like hiatus therapy, its almost like I'm watching the episode now and don't actually have to wait another TWO FREAKING WEEKS.

Anyway, great fic!
Nessy chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
Welcome back! Oh my, when I saw that promo for the next episode, I started looking forward to it sooo much! Thanks for helping me mentally prepare my singing elves for the angst of it (after these happier episodes we've had lately). Really nice work. We've missed you. Please keep writing, even if it's "just" little oneshots like this! :)
LadyAilith chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
I've been trying to write a well thought out, coherent review and I just can't. The words aren't there, except for one - brilliant.

Thank you so very much for sharing this incredible piece.
I'm Widget chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
Her holding back wrenches my chest, too... and I can only imagine the need Castle feels. This is really, really good. So emotional and intense. Great job! I can't wait for that episode.
Aquamarine07 chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
*jaw drop* Well... that was like... FLAWLESS! Wow. I love love LOVE your interpretation of "If I'm going down, Castle's going down with me" and then Castle's spin on it. And hot chocolate! Wow wow wow. This was great.