Reviews for Foundling
AliyahNCIS chapter 8 . 9/30/2012
I don't understand how...I just don't understand. First he beats her, then he lets someone use her, then he dumps her out with the trash? Why doesn't someone do something? It's no wonder this little girl is so broken. How can people like that even be allowed to have kids? It's so wrong. It's so wrong. Oh Sara...

I kept hoping Gibbs' sixth sense would kick in and he would go to Sara's house, just to check. Everyone's done all the right things and still no one is going to helps that poor little baby. I think even when they care people still talk themselves out of getting involved. But I don't know what I'd do either, if I was them.

Oh my gosh, how many days was she laying there? I lost track of time, one at least I think, right? And now they're probably all going to blame themselves for not doing more. Gee whiz, is there anything else they could've done to her? She's broken all over the place. I just want to cry.

But at least Gibbs has finally jumped on board my train. Custody sounds like a great idea. And her going home with him sounds like the safest she'll have been since her mom died. And I'm glad the social worker has decided to go with the program as well. Shouldn't a child be removed from the home at the first suspicion of abuse? How much proof do you need? Sorry, I'm just busy glaring daggers at Susan right now. I'm supposed to be in bed, just so you know, but I don't know that I can stop yet. Well done, even if it hurts to read. Must've been rather unpleasant to write.
AliyahNCIS chapter 7 . 9/30/2012
Aww...Ziva was being really nice, seems like S has completely shut down tho. I find it interesting that an 8 year old can fluster a Mossad officer. Oh Sara, who would put a little kid like you in jail? You shouldn't have to worry about that. lol...Gibbs wasn't above bribery, I like that. Nice that she responded to him, interesting that she likes (?) Ziva.

I like that it's possible Sara could get adopted, but I wish Gibbs was thinking of it proactively. Tho I guess a single federal agent might have a hard time having custody of a minor. But I like the idea. Uh-oh...now he's in trouble. But seriously, I doubt Sara's going to respond to anyone else.

I hope they can protect her. I like Gibbs and Ziva's interactions. Tony in charge, that ought to change things up a bit. He just likes to be called Boss and have people to order around, lol. I agree with Z - why can't we keep kids safe?
AliyahNCIS chapter 6 . 9/30/2012
Yikes, I guess Gibbs wasn't expecting that. Nice that Abby's lab could provide a few minute's respite from all the stuff in his head.

That's interesting insight on Tony. I get the feeling he does a lot behind the scenes and behind his shallow frat boy persona that the team knows nothing about. I'm proud of him for this. And wow, way to go Grandma! And the world thinks one person can't make a difference. Ever heard the starfish story?

I know why Sarah can't trust, but I wish she knew T&T are the good guys, like Gibbs.
AliyahNCIS chapter 5 . 9/30/2012
I keep looking for connections. So I wonder if the woman this guy was living with was Sarah's mom. lol...I wouldn't actually put it past Abby to try and put a bell on Gibbs. She's probably the only one who could almost get away with it. I haven't read very many stories through Gibbs' eyes, this is interesting.

I knew it, I knew it was Sarah! And I was going to guess at Jewish but didn't want to get ahead of things. Oh that poor little girl! Why do people do these things to kids? Kids are supposed to be cherished and loved and protected. It's not supposed to be this way. I think Jesus must weep when he sees what the world is doing to his children. Abby sees a lot that people sometimes don't recognize, Gibbs shouldn't be surprised. But I like Abby wanting to make a plan. I wonder, if there's a pattern of abuse here, why isn't social services doing anything?

It hurts to read of what she's been through, no child should suffer like that, ever. I hope Gibbs finds a string to pull. This can't continue.
AliyahNCIS chapter 4 . 9/30/2012
I got this far before I realized I hadn't reviewed, I was just reading. I get that way when a story sucks me in. I'll try to keep up now.

Is G wearing the same clothes so Sarah will recognize him, perhaps associate him with a good memory? It just seems a very deliberate action. That's cute, the list they made of reading partners, even if Sarah didn't seem to care. I like Gibbs' realization that he will always be a father, Kelly's father. And I'm starting to harbour a secret hope that perhaps he can be a salvation of some kind for Sarah? I'm probably way off base, but I think he'd make a good dad.

Hm, I never bothered to think of Sarah's ethnicity, but that lady makes me want to slap her for being so full of herself. Gibbs is right - usually when you give, you get back so much more. Seems to me if she'd thought about trusting Gibbs, Mr. G's actions last week talked her out of it. But at least she's acknowledging him. I'm guessing complicated only begins to describe what this story entails.

*shakes head* I hate that she's endured enough that she feels she has to check for violence before she even answers a simply, harmless question. I like that Gibbs is trying to draw her out and I hate how Sarah sees herself, that she's not worth as much as other kids. How many times has that been beaten into her I wonder? I don't think I actually want to know.

The way she talks is very interesting, no spaces between her words sometimes, I haven't figured that out yet. Huh, but something about her name makes her proud. Gibbs should've told her his whole name, I expected at least a smile but if there's something that comes before baby steps, I think that's where Gibbs and Sarah are. I have a feeling Gibbs' thoughts about foster kids are all too correct.

I'm sure it's hard for him, knowing she doesn't want to go home and that he can't do anything. I wonder if she even cares about the stories or just being away from that house. And he's already given her a nickname, sure sign of affection. And the trust thing, that's hard but I think she'll learn. It sucks that at this moment he can't make it okay tho.

"He was surprised by the level of desperation in his own voice. His gut was telling him in no uncertain terms that she was leaving here for an unsafe world. His flesh crawled with self-loathing for allowing it to happen, but legally, there was little he could do. She hadn't disclosed any abuse, so any action he took now would likely backfire. He swallowed back a vague plan and brushed the back of knuckles against Sara's hand. She didn't pull away." - this whole paragraph is very real, very well written. Something about it just got to me.

Him and Abby teaming up is a good idea. I hope those two can work some miracles and do something for that poor little girl.
AliyahNCIS chapter 3 . 9/30/2012
Nothing against your writing but I did not like this one. My heart just hurts for that poor little girl who doesn't understand what happened to her mom and it seemed like no one explained about foster care or gave her the chance to say goodbye. It's no wonder the poor thing doesn't talk. I don't understand rubber hoses, nor does it make sense to me why people would be foster parents if they can't genuinely love and care for the children placed with them. If someone tells me it's about money, I'll probably scream. Those kids are so lonely and broken already, the last thing they need is for people to use them. And Sarah has been used quite badly. I'd be afraid too, if I was her. I think it's sad that she's somewhere now where she can't even leave unless someone is with her. I wish the family in the other house would see what is happening. But Miles seems okay. How old is Sarah? I might've missed that. Wow, this Mr. G is a royal jerk. Doesn't Sarah get to have anything? No kindness, no nothing, no wonder she's leery of Gibbs. I wonder when the last time was that she cried. It's probably a waste of tears when no one cares. Poor thing.
AliyahNCIS chapter 2 . 9/30/2012
I feel like there's more to those needles than meets the eye. Aww *smile* Gibbs with Abby always makes me kinda warm and fuzzy, they get each other so well. I like the way he sees her. lol...and I adore her long rambling sentences and his little shows of affection. Even better that Gibbs enlisted her help on his Sarah fact finding mission. The signing always gets to me, ILY is a favourite. So sweet.
AliyahNCIS chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
I find Gibbs' observations interesting. And Sarah...there's a story there. I think it sweet that he read her one of Kelly's books, those memories can't be easy. I love how you described her listening-but-pretending-she-wasn't. I'm interested in the appearance of her hands and as soon as she was disturbed by the sheep-shearing picture I started to wonder about abuse. I can only wonder where Gibbs' mind is going as he watched this little girl and all her tells that something isn't right. Makes me want to keep reading.
Skyrunner70 chapter 38 . 9/12/2012
I am so happy that I found this story. You tell a beautiful story. I can't wait to read the sequel. Thank you for creating this.
Sandra chapter 38 . 9/2/2012
I just found this story and I love it! It is so heartfelt written and brought tears in parts!
stareagle chapter 38 . 9/3/2012
Wonderful story! Thank you so much for the way you explained the impact of trauma on children and adults. I found this to be a very believable AU.
Syret chapter 38 . 8/15/2012
Absolutely loved it! Could not stop reading it!
Guest chapter 38 . 7/20/2012
Oh my GOSH! This fic has taken me on an adventure!

Oh, the epilogue was beautiful. As was this whole fic.

It's really moved me. You've done a fantastic job. Characters were spot on and writing style was gorgeous. I bawled more than once reading this. The whole essence of Team Gibbs was presented in the perfect light in this fic.

I could ramble on more of its beauty, especially the use of the lyrics(or poems?) in the beginning, but I'll contain myself. This is truly one of the best fics there are. Be proud you wrote this :)

Thanks for the wild ride, and look for my review in your sequel,

-Namite
Cleavage Queen chapter 38 . 6/12/2012
Spectacular!

A believable tale of Gibbs and a child.

Off to read the sequel
USAFChief chapter 38 . 6/9/2012
Okay...I'm done for now. It was a wild, dark, teary, exhilarating ride with you over these thousands of words. I've shed more tears on this story than I have in many years. Had some fun, too. How could a writer ask for more? I'll be checking on your other stuff as I get some time. Right now I have a sore butt from sitting so long.

Thanks again. My best regards to you.

pdf