Reviews for It Takes a Village
Guest chapter 7 . 6/14/2014
please countinue :-))
Guest chapter 6 . 7/1/2013
This is terribly sad. I think you have done a really good job of exploring the evil cycle of the dishonours of having an illegitimate child. I hope you continue writing fanfiction for Prince of Thieves, even though it may not be these stories in particular. I am still looking forward to reading your take on the aftermath of when Robin finds out Will is his brother, and of course, how John and Fanny react to the news as well. It always bothered me that they never really explore their relationship in the movie. I suppose there wasn't time, but still, good grief. After the big reveal there is a battle then a marriage and then the movie is over. Wut? Anyways, I just wanted to say I like all your stuff, especially the Hunting the Hart and It's No Life. Take pride in your awesome work.
abc chapter 6 . 11/24/2012
I just discovered your Robin Hood stories (via "Sherlock") and so far, I like both. Somehow, the review I wrote didn't get posted, but disappeared, and then FFN logged me out ("We could not process your authentication. Please try again later. Code Call2.")
Thank you for supplying me with some very interesting reading material for the weekend!
o0Maline0o chapter 6 . 11/21/2012
Hey :)
I always imagined that Will’s mum was loving and all, but died while he was a small child, but your idea is a thousand times better. Anne hates him (in a strange way) because he is a constant remainder of his father and (maybe) also the fact why everyone is avoiding mother and son.
I really love the way you describe how Fanny tries to care for Will although Anne doesn’t want any help. The saddest fact of all is that Anne tries to care for Will all alone and fails so miserably, because she herself doesn’t really love her child. You know, this is like a revelation for me, because it explains so well why Will acts how he acts (in the movie and his adult years)
But enough of the lame gibberish: great work so far! I’d love to read more oneshots about Will and Anne, Fanny and John and all the others :)
talk-ape chapter 4 . 4/10/2012
a subject that has always intrigued me since I saw the film!

Brilliant character interplay between the adults... continue!
smiling-is-my-favorite-pastime chapter 4 . 4/2/2012
This is a brilliant story! please update soone as I can't wait to read what happens next. I love how you have written Fanny and John and Anne is a very interesting character!
jemlou chapter 3 . 2/11/2012
Apologises for not reviewing sooner, firstly. Secondly, thank you for updating! I enjoyed it very much. I do really like what you've done with the character of Will's mother. Anne really has a believable personality and it's heartbreaking to hear her talking about the reality of her situation and the fact she tried to induce a miscarriage. You wrote it all so well and I can't wait to see what you come up with next. This really is a promising story to read and it will be interesting to see what you make of Will growing up and what becomes of Anne and her fate.

Well done! :)
silverwolfneko-chan chapter 3 . 2/1/2012
Yay a new chapter it was really good, thank you! Update soon!
TrueArtIsFleeting chapter 2 . 1/7/2012
Hope you update soon I like this story love how you had lord locksley love her
Tumbleweed chapter 1 . 12/20/2011
Would you please consider writing a story about Esca in The Eagle movie? You do such a great job and I'd love story from that time period as well. Keep up the excellent work.
Ihni chapter 2 . 11/21/2011
... that ... was beautiful. It's like ... a puzzle. The movie itself is the picture on the box. But your stories are the pieces of the puzzle - that you're laying down, one after the other. And because we only get one piece at the time, we look more closely on it (rather than the glance we gave the picture on the box) because we want to learn where it fits and what's on it. And sometimes we go back to the picture on the box ... or the movie ... and see that yes, yes, it DOES fit there and will you look at that, it DOES look like that!
jemlou chapter 2 . 11/18/2011
I would have reviewed sooner but for some reason I hadn't put this story on story alert! Silly me! :)

Anyway, it was a nice surprise when I saw that this had been updated and I love this chapter alot. I don't think I've read a story on here about these events and it was interesting to see how well you'd do when I first began to read. But you never do fail to impress, my friend! Well Done! I enjoyed this very much, though it was very sad. I'd like to think that Robin's dad did love Mother Scarlet, stupid Robin just got in the way. :( I really really liked this chapter and I cannot wait to see what you come up with next! :D
NotanAccountAnymore chapter 2 . 11/15/2011
I think you may be right and this is the first of its kind. I like it. It's different. I can definitely imagine it happening more like this, than Lord Locksley blowing her off straight to her face. Just curious, how old are you writing Will and Robin to be during the movie, just to give a reference? I can't wait for more, so please update again soon, thanks :)
Ihni chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
I LOVE you for this, you know that already. I really liked it when I read it the first time, and I really like it now. You're giving these characters the backstory they SHOULD have had, and we - the readers - can only thank you for it.

And you've really gotten the hang of the "Blablablah", said someone. With the ","'s in stead of "."'s. I know it makes sense to you, since I've been nagging you about it forever. :p
silverwolfneko-chan chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
Uh really nice! I really love Will, and I think you are pretty dead on with John and Fanny

Update soon please!