Reviews for Life is like a Boat
AJPJweallluvJJ chapter 1 . 2/1
Can I say this joke before anyone takes it? Thank you. Can I have a Reuben sandwich first and a tomato Campbell soup last? Horrible pun, I know, but somebody had to notice his name.
avatoa chapter 3 . 1/28
That it is, Reuben my boy. That it is. You lucky bastard, wait till you meet the young women of One Piece then you'll be thanking every deity in existence.
ADDBaby chapter 3 . 1/28
You have NO IDEA just how many times I had to stop reading this chapter because of all the second-hand embarrassment I felt for Reuben. XDDDD

Poor poor Reuben. It's like he ended up doing back in time instead of a whole different world, if it wasn't for a certain straw hatted devil. Let's be honest here - Luffy saw Reuben not paying attention and totally took that to his advantage. XDDD
marshman101 chapter 3 . 1/28
This is a cool story
SmileRen chapter 3 . 1/28
This is so freaking awesome! I love how their bonding :D

Thank you for updating and I look forward to reading the next chapter :3
AJPJweallluvJJ chapter 3 . 1/28
Takeshita kusao! The guy who played Trunks and Vic mignogna!
gamelover41592 chapter 3 . 1/27
great work what made you decide to do the manga version?
daniel in the den chapter 2 . 1/22
Um, wow. Straight to the feels. I think this revision of the story is definitely more emotional and impactful than the previous version, at least thus far. I'm definitely looking forward to the rest of it!

As for the attacks, the preference for the original Japanese/translated English isn't strong for me, though I think I prefer to read the attacks and the names of Devil Fruits in Japanese. But for curses and whatnot... I feel like it's best to try and put them in English, aside from terms that don't really have translations or the honorifics and such ("nakama", for example, is kind of hard to put to justice in English, and "san"/"kun"/"chan"/etc are, again, not necessarily translatable to English and are a big part of Japanese culture. Things like "dobe" or "teme" don't usually bother me, though they're usually translated as "jerk" or "a-hole" I believe). I think sometimes, it feels forced for writers to use the Japanese terms like "baka", which can disrupt the flow of the story, so sometimes reading the translated terms in a fic just make it seem a little more polished. I think, really, it comes down to whatever you're more comfortable with and what feels most natural when you're writing, and then try to stick to that convention, for the ease of both you, as the writer, and us as readers.

Anyway, you're doing great! I really do love this story.
ADDBaby chapter 2 . 1/21
*drowning in my tears*

JESUS FUCK! That was WAAAAAY SADDER THAN the late story. 9QAQ)9

*screaming in pain* AAAAAAAUGH! I'M HAVING ALL THE EMOTIONS AND THEN FUCKING LUFFY IS OVER THERE ALL SUNSHINE LET'S BE FRIENDS AND I CAN'T REACT TO HIS HAPPY GO LUCKY SELF BECAUSE REUBEN'S DADDY'S REACT TO LOSING HIS SON ANDNDDDNDNDNDNDDAL;NVKMNKL;W KAB

GUNTZ, I'M DYING! 9QAQ)9 WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!
BardockTheWolf789 chapter 2 . 1/21
OmiglobIlovethisstorysomuch. ;-;
Seri chapter 2 . 1/21
please update soon! This is an absolutely amazing fic! Your writing style is captivating and I find myself so immersed! I've tried reading plenty of OC fanfics and I could never enjoy a single one. Be it because of unnecessary romance or because of an unbearable Mary Sue oc. However, i'm so glad I gave this fic a shot! Your OC is extremely likeable and, like I said before, your writing style is beautiful. I enjoyed every single moment of reading this fic! I'm excited to see more!
AJPJweallluvJJ chapter 2 . 1/21
Welp, I'm hooked. No pun intended. Or maybe, it was intended? You'll never know...
kallin22 chapter 2 . 1/21
I think you should go with english for the attacks. For some people, like me, it's just easier to understand. It's one thing to be watching a subbed episode or reading a manga chapter, where we actually see the attack being used, but for fanfics, not so easy. I know quite a few people who, when they read a fanfic that uses the Japanese names, have to run through the list of attacks in their head to know which one is being used. As for cursing, either will do.
gamelover41592 chapter 2 . 1/20
wow I did not see that coming but I hope the kid brother survives
SmileRen chapter 2 . 1/20
Thank you so much for updating! XD

You have no idea how much I want to scream with joy :D