Reviews for See If I Can Sleep
justagirlwithbigdreams chapter 4 . 5/31/2012
This story is my favourite of your work, update soon xx
EmZ711 chapter 4 . 5/29/2012
I must have more! This story is amazing so far! Please update soon! :)
ReganX chapter 4 . 5/29/2012
Shelby gets more frightening by the chapter.

When I started reading, I wondered if, in this AU, Rachel either wasn't related to Shelby or that their relationship might be more distant than mother and daughter but now it's all too easy to believe that Shelby could be Rachel's mother, and that she has enslaved her own child as part of her sick business. I'm also torn between wanting to know what happened to all the babies that Shelby started out with and rejected, and being half-afraid to find out. The most disturbing thing is that I think that Shelby has genuinely convinced herself that, not only is she doing nothing wrong, she's doing the kids a favour.

I'm dying to find out how Shelby is getting away with this. The theatre doesn't appear to be any secret but the kids are clearly minors, and would have been much younger when they started performing so how is Shelby avoiding the scrutiny of child welfare workers, getting around setting up Coogan accounts, etc? I'm also curious about how she thinks she's going to be able to keep the kids under her thumb when they're older and go to work in other productions. Even if she makes sure that they can't live independently, and even if they never think to try to challenge the legality of the contracts she plans to have them sign so she can pocket their salary, their co-workers on the other productions are bound to realise that something's not right, and if Rachel ends up becoming famous, people will want to know about her life.

I like the look at the theatre through Jesse's eyes. To the others, it's normal but he has an outsider's perspective, even if his own life hasn't been conventional.

The broom punishment is sick, and just the kind of thing I could see your Shelby coming up with, although it sounds like something that could damage Rachel as a dancer. Rachel's inability to say her line, and the reason for it, was heartbreaking.

I don't generally side with Quinn, but I think that she could have a point about the production looking ridiculous. If it was a high school production, they could be forgiven for things like the children being mostly too old, most of the adults being too young and the Mother Superior being played by a fourteen year old child so I'm curious to see how their audience responds to this.

Your characterisation of Will is great, especially the parts about him worrying about hurt feelings and jealousy, and his defensiveness of Finn when Shelby criticises him as not being at Rachel's level.

Looking forward to reading more.
Valerie Forest chapter 4 . 5/28/2012
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! So so so so happy when I saw this was updated 3333333

Incredibly well-written and beautiful and dark and everything I want in a fic.

I love seeing this extent of Rachel's relationship with Shelby. Cut my heart out and stomped on it, Rachel baby angel face feelings.

Dying for Rachel and Jesse to get some real interaction, although I realise that's hard to come by for them.

Can't wait for more!
gleeklings chapter 4 . 5/23/2012
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! update update update! this was amazing
trkn chapter 4 . 5/21/2012
i like your fic! i cant wait to see them sharing a scene together too! dont make us waiting so long!

and thank you for this beautiful fic!
Supernatural-Girl17 chapter 4 . 5/20/2012
Love this story and chapter so far! can't wait to read more of this story later! can't wait and hope so! :) 3
Kasumi Izukawa chapter 4 . 5/20/2012
I like this plot and concept. I feel like I'm really reading an original story instead of a Glee one. And I like the air of mystery that surrounds the entire thing. Looking forward to more!
desolee chapter 4 . 5/19/2012
I actually love this story and I am so glad you do too, so that you can continue to update it 3 It is so dark but so fascinating and i can't wait to see how it progresses
justagirlwithbigdreams chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
Can't wait till the next chapter x
immortalangel08 chapter 4 . 5/19/2012
I really love this story, I'm confused on how exactly she is kneeling on a broom though.
Broadwayfreak5357 chapter 4 . 5/19/2012

I thought you'd forgotten about this fic & I was sad :( bt then I opened the new chapter & was like omg I totally remember this story yayyyyyyyy :) haha I'ma spaz, sorry lol :)

I love this! Where to start! Poor Rachel & the broom! I can only imagine how painful that is :/ brittana kiss :) why was Rachel so like terrified & worked up during her scene! Was it just that she was uncomfortable w shelby kneeling at her feet? Why is shelby such a like sadist or something? I don't know if you explained this so ima read the whole story again, bt I want (hahaha listen to me demanding things lmao my bad :) more background on the boys & girls & Shelby & shue. Like why are the girls there? Rachel was saying something abt how she didn't choose etc, so how did she even get there? Is Shelby her real mother in the story or is Rachel an orphan or something?

Hahaha ok enough questions I think :) I want more lol! :D

xx Sage

Ps. I want another (smutty lol ;) chapter of dare! And an update on SA! Also, are you the author who wrote about jesse being dark & Rachel being light, bc I love that fic :)

Haha ok I'm sorry I'm being so whiny & needy lol have a great day :D
Green and Hearts chapter 4 . 5/19/2012

I'm obsessed with the story, I reread it each time there's a new chapter :-)

The punishment really tripped me out, I felt so awful for Rachel.

I cant wait for some one-on-one between Jesse & Rachel, eagerly anticipating another chapter :-)
mcnimz chapter 4 . 5/19/2012
I love this story. :)
kezztip chapter 4 . 5/18/2012
Excellent chapter - good to have you back.
69 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »