Reviews for Sherlock: Red On White
Ouch, that heart my ruddy heart. Well done though.
A Study in Reichenbach Feels chapter 1 . 10/2/2013
Expertly described. i myself have suffered with self harm and everything about how you described his feelings, before during, and after were perfectly laid out. Excellent job! c:
JuniorWoofles chapter 1 . 8/31/2013
Ok so stupid me read 12 first- but heh, who cares, nice to read it awkwardly. Hate the thought of self-harming but at least I know that it all turns out pretty so I can just smile and read through it.
Averysillybird chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
I appreciate your reference to the original sherlock's cocaine addiction
starlight.moon.princess chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
Not something I'd typically read, but, as usual, this was beautifully written.

[What a stupid, stupid answer. An hour in the shower to wash your hair?] I think this is perfect for the frame of mind Sherlock is in. The sheer worry and fear he's feeling would make even Sherlock Holmes' great mind blank out.

['Sherlock...' he said slowly, carefully. 'We need to talk.'] Very, very evil cliffhanger. I'm just happy your muse decided to make this into a series, because otherwise I think I'd die of the suspense.
starrysummernights chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
This was such a good and accurate portrayal of self-harm. Dark Sherlock, yes, but it makes sense for him to do something like this to himself in order to stop the boredom. So glad I have started this series of yours and cannot wait to see where you take it.

"He was aware of John getting up but didn't open his eyes. Now was the time to enjoy the pain and burning. Now was the time to revel in what he could control; the slicing, the blood, the welts, the healing, the scars... all of it, wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. And it would never go, never leave him. It was Sherlock's; the razor blade and the pain."

It seems that it is the control aspect of the cutting that Sherlock really enjoys. Obviously, he does not want to kill himself and that is a conclusion that many people reach when they hear someone self-harms. It's not about that. As you portray it here- it is about the rush, the feeling of the pain, and numbing one's mind. (This is sounding like I'm into self-harm, I'm not I just really liked this story) Really well done.
Sherlockian 3 chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
Puggle chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
Heart breaking. Thanks for sharing.
Jae chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
I absolutely adore this story. I have one problem with it, you always use the term 'self-mutilation'. As someone who is struggling with self-harm I know that, for some reason, the term 'self-mutilation' is difficult to hear. It isn't just me, I know others feel the same. It often has a negative connotation, and even though I know that isn't your intention at all, it still carries that connotation. However, the story is beautifully written and I'm looking forward to reading the rest in the series. x
Ishtar205 chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
Dark indeed
RbtlSR chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
I really liked this story. You had a *very* realistic portrayal of self harm.

Just a couple of things. In your description you say "self-mutilation," which made me cringe. I know that sometimes medical people use this term, but it is fading out and being replaced with the preferable "self harm" or "self injury." I know a lot of people find the term "mutilation" offense.

Secondly, you used semicolons a lot, and often incorrectly. Really, they should only be used to separate independent clauses or objects in series. A general rule of thumb is if you couldn't use a period it would be incorrect to use a semicolon.

Other than that, I really enjoyed your writing and your style. It's a really good fic, and I look forward to reading more! :)
jessica chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
more more more! please continue this!
Victoria92 chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Really compelling and captivating! Love it and can't wait to read more!D
IamthePhantomoftheOpera chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
it's probably not good how much enjoyment i got out of this

but oh well

you, madam, are a fabulous writer. off to read the sequel now...
timeywimey27 chapter 1 . 3/6/2012