Reviews for Let's Dance
Bianca chapter 1 . 9/10
How beautiful and poetic.
ananova chapter 1 . 12/2/2013
Very nice. I always thought something about that scene was off, you would think they'd be more in harmony than they were shown on the episode. I definitely enjoyed this one, thanks for sharing.
pracarual chapter 1 . 10/5/2013
Ah, MK, you poet, you prophet, you see into my very soul with Hetty's thoughts here. Once I was young and beautiful and in love and I danced and then made love. But now I am old and watch my children fall in love and dance those ancient steps. I am sad but also resigned because it is the great Mandela, the Wheel of Life. Two songs come to mind:Memories from Cats and Those Were the Days.
jmlane1966 chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
Delightful scene and beautifully written. Wish you would write more from Hetty's perspective, you to it quite well. Thank you for such an intimate peak at K and D.
anonkp chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
Lovely story. But I disagree that it's too late for Hetty to find romance. Thanks for writing.
conservativegirl chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
awww, super, really sweet! I love it:)
Sweet Lu chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
I miss your stories...Will you be posting anything this summer?
sdia75 chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
Hello, I absolutely adored this piece. I love the idea of there being secret passageways in the mission. That explains so nicely how Hetty is able to randomly appear and disappear. Like I was rewatching 'Absolution' yesterday and Eric said 'oh, she was just here and ...' she had disappeared.

Ooo, I had goosebumps when Hetty was watching Kensi and Deeks dance and I loved the way you described how they felt for each other through Hetty's eyes (her description of what she saw on the dance floor). My favorite sentence, Deeks looking at Kensi like the moon and stars rose and set in her eyes and nothing else mattered.

I was grinning when Hetty said to God 'why couldn't you let me look like Ms Blye, was that too much to ask'!

I look forward to reading all your other pieces. I am a huge fan of the original and didn't like LA when it first started but did like it when I started watching it last summer during hiatus when I was bored. I became a huge KD shipper only this January though, after watching 'Fame' and now I have watched each ep of the show at least thrice (well the ones after season 2 and the ones in season 1 with Deeks in them, others just once). I have so far read fics by Angela, imahistorian, gf7, fictionista and annaliesgrace and I think that you, like all of them, are a very talented writer.
Charna Toiba chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
Super cute
MioneAlterEgo chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
Aww. You paint Deeks and Kensi's intimacy so beautifully. Lovely piece!
Dark-Supernatural-Angel chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
Lol for Hetty's reaction.

I love the idea of Densi faking in front of the others while they danced perfectly in-sync with one another when its just the two of them. Yay Densi!

Great job!
Mm.Mystery chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
I love it! Kensi and Deeks will be together forvever. And Hetty's voice is so perfect. "Bugger, now I have to pretend I don't know" I can totally hear her say that.
imahistorian chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
So lovely! And such a great tag to the scene and the episode. I especially loved this: "Because she thinks we spent too much time pulling in opposite directions."

Such a great observation!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
Simply perfect, Maxie. Love the way it starts and ends with Hetty. And the pictures you paint are so vivid I felt I was there. A masterpiece.
KlingonLady chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
So very very lovely! I love the imagery in this story so very much!

I, too, wanted more dancing in the episode, like them to have to use the skill at a function or something.. Where they were dressed up.