Reviews for drove through ghosts to get here
Kathryn0505 chapter 1 . 5/24/2013
Type your review here...
CRB chapter 1 . 5/24/2013
I've been exploring old fanfics recently... and I have to say, this one really stands out from the other Kill Shot one-shots. Great job!
nixer chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
This was good. I actually liked - in Killshot itself - that Castle didn't help Beckett directly very much, and that in the end she thanked him for leaving her alone. I thought that it was very counter-culture but very true to the characters.

After the promo there were a lot of fics like this - Castle coming in at this particular moment - and of course he didn't and she was alone, spiraling out in a hotel corridor. And I did ache for her, we all did. But it made sense for him to leave her be because she would have felt humiliated for him to be there. I personally believe he was right outside the door waiting and pacing and arguing with himself while he counted down the time til he would go in there.

But out of all those "alternate" fics I think this is closest to how it could have gone. I think Beckett's line about how it has happened to other detectives is revealing and honest - that it starts as an inability to work a trying/reminiscent case and then that spreads so it's harder to work similar cases and then just to get out of bed in the morning. It makes sense that she'd want to fight through it.

I also think Castle's balance of holding back but being there for her works well, as does the sense that Beckett lost all connection to physical reality, lost in the past and in panic.

This line made me a little sad: "People assume, they make their own choices and decide what's best; they decide that they know best." Because it made me think of Castle's secret, which unlike the majority of fans I really thought was terrible because it was a manipulation and I was glad that in 'Always' they actually used a reference I had thought of "You cut a deal for my life as if I was some kind of child." The only time a person has the right to make decisions over the independent life of another person is when they are a parent of a minor.

Still, it's all good now, though I do hope we get more emotional exposition in the Season 5 premiere - I want to know why, exactly, Beckett resigned and I want there to be some intimation, BEFORE the whole thing with Smith comes out, that they were planning to pass the case on to someone else and not just drop it.
jennifergarnerfan chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
An awesome look into PTSD. Awesome.
lietomebaby chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
Thumbs up.:D
trishtumbles chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
I thought this was a plausible and more thoroughly satisfying possibility for this scene. Not that I didn't love Killshot (it was achingly beautiful and definately one of Stana's and Jon's finest performances), but it needed just one more spoonful of Caskett when Kate was spinning out of control(regardless if Castle could help or not!) So I thank you for giving me this premise, in your beautiful words :)
mondlering moofoot chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
God, this is *flat out* the absolute best thing I've read for the PTSD so far - so much so that I want this to be what happens, I want most of this to be what happens, and that never happens when I read fic for this show.

I adore the varying levels of consciousness you have Kate go through here, and how aware she is of only certain things - the way she notes calling him "Rick", the way she knows what he's telling her when he says he'll be there with her. And I love how firm she is about the case even when she's breaking up a little bit, because that's it, that's Beckett. And he knows.

And I really fucking love how brilliantly you've written Rick, because I rarely love the way he's written in fic - authors seem to have trouble with making him be somewhat obvious about his feelings without making it seem like he's pressuring her or being too overt, and with writing him as an *adult*, and he is so PERFECT here: confident and calm and competent, like he knows how to work with this, but also worried and concerned and kind and constantly calling her "Kate" because that's how sensitive he is to her; that's his default setting. Asking her if he could touch her was the absolute selling point - I NEED to see that now, because everything about that gesture so wonderfully encapsulates his relationship with her, and it's magnificent.

I may have let out a little bit of a wail in real life when I read "I'll get you out, the hand on hers sounds like" - because fuck. yes. Without condescending to her or rushing her, he'll get her out. Absolutely gorgeous.

Basically I loved this so much. Thank you for posting this.
nightsinlisbon chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
Amazing insight into a person's state of mind during a panic attack. My heart breaks for Beckett.
Lovestheship chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
Great job! Loved the emotion & loved that you didn't push it too far - it stayed believable for the characters yet touching. Well done!
Paolina chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
One word AMAZING! And you wanted to know if you did justice and you sure did! It was awesome beyond belief ;]
mobbs fellow chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
Yep. One word : Awesome. I don't know either how PTSD is supposed to feel, sound, look,...whatever, but I like the way you set it in this chapter. A powerless Kate must be an awful sight to see ! Thank you for taking me where Caskett solve their inner mysteries.
chezchuckles chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
omw that was brilliant. absolutely lovely. the floating nature of her PTSD, the bouncing from extremes, the language exactly on par to do it too. and, just like Kate, Castle's asking if he can touch her just. . .broke my heart. I love this scene, this glimpse. it reminded me, a little, of the scene in the finale when he carries her out and holds her up against the car. . .and I love the tie-in to the bank, giving that promise back to her: I'll get you out. *that* was exceptionally good story construction.
effie214 chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
This is incredible. Your words cut and we bleed like Beckett, but her reactions and thoughts here make absolutely perfect sense. And I can't even begin to tell you how much I love Castle asking if it's okay to touch her; she's had so many circumstances over which she has no control - including here - and him trying to give her some semblance of that power back is breathtakingly poignant.

This line is made of absolute amazing: "(He stresses the no one but it's so very obvious what he's saying, and it's him who's not going to let her get hurt. It's always been him, always, from the very first time, the Alexander who saved her. And it's her, she knows, who's not ready to admit that. Not him. He's been ready for a long time now.)" Wow. Absolutely stunning.

A beautiful piece of work all the way around. Bravo.
recycled-stars chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
Oh I found this link on Tumblr and this is wonderful. I just... love it. How Castle asks to touch her? That is just perfect, because it's just... so right? Because in the middle of your anxiety attack sometimes you can't take someone touching you? I don't know, it rang really true.
I'm Widget chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
I think this is fabulous. Great writing, with so much emotion. You nailed it. Thanks for a great read!