Reviews for A Lovesick Fool
AHHH! Jily feels!
Louey06 chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
So ute I loved it! The proposal was wonderful
AmyRose512 chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
This story is so nice. I really like how you make James kind of insecure and more...human when he's around Lily. A lot of writers just make James into an egotistical, selfish boy-man, even when he's with Lily. Your portrayal of James makes him much more relatable, and, frankly, more believable.

The scene where James asks Lily to marry him is so sweet and romantic. :) Honestly, the entire story almost felt like a film. I really enjoyed reading it. x]
break me like a promise chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
That was amazing! What an..interesting proposal... ;) Very cute!
Satan Abraham chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
This made me grin like an idiot. Oh lord, it was cute.
zatl chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
so cute :)
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
For the most part, I tried not to hold my breath and read quickly through this fic. And undoubtedly I will never be okay with James, or JamesxLily. But even so I could see how much he cared, and it's the stereotypical love that I see here. It was quite interesting for me actually. And some of James' quirky come-backs were liked on my part. /last-paragraph-perfection/. I still feel ever so strongly against them but you did good, and that's all that matters, eh?
Singing in the Dead of Night chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
Awesome! I loved the happily-ever-after ending!
sweaterweather21 chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
Congrats on being the first to complete your entry:) You have my eternal admiration for being so prompt. Anyway, now for the real review!

Firstly, I was intrigued by the way you used the song. Most song fics I've read have directly quoted the lyrics somewhere in the story, but I really liked the way you added it into the dialogue. The way James used those words made a lot of sense - he's doesn't care if it's raining (it already is) because he loves her and wants to marry her.

I'm also impressed that you used all of the prompts and one of the pairings! I've read millions of James/Lily proposals, but this was one of the best. The proposal is the opposite of cliche because it's not perfect and that works beautifully. And the last couple of lines made the fic, I swear. Loved it:)

You took the prompt "lovesick" and ran with it. The title is cute, and the way James thinks to himself that he's a lovesick fool is just perfect. "Bounty" was fine, but the word "malevolent" didn't make the most sense. They don't really take much away from the wonderfulness (word?) of this story, though!

One last thing: I'm not sure if this sentence works, it rather sounds likes James is contradicting himself. (James is proposing here.)

"And maybe it's not the best time, but maybe it's even a better time for that."

Just one little thing. Other random loves about this:

The part where Lily corrected James' Shakespeare was cute, trust James to attempt Shakespeare trying to be romantic but getting it wrong:)

I also liked Lily's reaction. It wasn't too over-the-top, and the hug at the end was adorable. I'm not sure, but I almost liked it better than a kiss:) Not sure why, but I do.

All in all, this was terribly amazing and thank you so much for entering. I'll post the winners sometime next Wednesday or Thursday! Again, great work and keep on writing:)
wild-and-whirling-words chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
Ok, just warning you, this might be a long one...in a good way :) firstly, just literally, n'aww. Haha, I love Lily and James as a pairing, one of the few canon couples of Harry Potter I can honestly say I adore. It just proves how much two people can change and that love does conquer all ("amor vincit omnia" - sorry, I'm a bit of a Latin geek :)) and, anyhoo, I think you conveyed that rather well.

I did think that the prompts could have been used a little better; "lovesick" was perfectly fine within context but "malevolent" didn't sound quite right where you put it: "They stare up at the darkening sky, but neither one of them wants to move, because even the clouds don't seem malevolent." I think maybe you forced that one a little as the word order isn't quite right and the use of "bounty" confused me as I was unsure if you were refering to the fact he opposes Voldemort or if they'd gone into hiding already which would have been out of the given timeline - anyhoo, aside from that, there were no other issues.

I thought you got both Lily and James down to a tee and it was very well written, I really really enjoyed it - so thanks and well done on your fab story :)
3445 chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
D'aw! There are no more words!
Super Cara chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
SO. Freaking. ADORABLE!

This was really well written and I absolutely LOVED it!
ItsOnMars chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
This was a great one-shot! I feel like it didn't have that much fluff, but in the best sense possible- it was very realistic and made sense in the story. It was beautifully written, especially James's inner monologue with his concerns. And of course, the last line was amazing. Great job!