Reviews for Cause Your Favorite Shade is Navy Blue
Guest chapter 1 . 9/1/2014
this captured it all.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
This is amazing and now I want to watch FNL all over again...
Naguabo chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
Excellent job of rendering Julie's perspective.
lilylees chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
Matt and Julie one of my most cherished OTPs. So. This was awesome. And I never read Friday Night Lights fanfiction because that show was so well-written that I was scared off from anything written elsewhere, you know? But this was perfect, and just...wonderful.
Penciled In chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
This is gorgeous. You've done such a wonderful job showing how these two kids grow up-individually and together. Your insight into Julie is brilliant. She can be tricky to appreciate because, at times, she's the epitome of a bratty teenage girl, but she's also smart and driven and sweet and independent, and you nailed the character. As they always should, Matt's kindness and toughness shine throughout the entire work. I haven't re-watched FNL in a while, but this makes me want to revisit the wonder of the series. Thanks for creating these extra moments and adding extra insight into the familiar scenes. Again, this fic is beautifully written.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
This is beyond amazing, I'm speechless
lmrasef chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
This is so amazing, I wish it could just keep going. This made me want to revisit all the Matt and Julie moments but for some reason I cant find that fight they had in season 3 over Carlotta.
Shiny Jewel chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
Okay, so clearly I'm extremely late to the game here in reading and reviewing this, but as a huge Friday Night Lights fan and an even bigger Matt and Julie fan, I am so incredibly glad I stumbled upon this. I agree with the other reviewers when they say there aren't enough M/J fics out there, and this one did such an amazing job bringing me back to all their special little moments on the show, and then some. The best part was the fact that you filled the gaps of a lot of the stuff I wish we would have seen. Your grasp on both of these characters, who are so rich and nuanced as people is incredible. I almost felt like I was watching/reading deleted scenes that existed and were just cut out. You are an amazing writer and I truly hope that you decide to write more Matt/Julie fics in the near future as I, and (i'm sure many others) would read and enjoy them. I think there's still plenty more material to go around...marriage! babies! etc. etc. :)
xoAlmostFamous chapter 1 . 3/21/2012
so i actually read this story a few months back, simply because i am a fan of your other stories, but i had never seen friday night lights, and i LOVED it. your writing is so descriptive and your characterization is so good, and i was really genuinely impressed.

and now that i have actually watched the show, i love this story even more. matt is so perfect in this story, and these scenes are so seamless and well-written that they could actually be in the show. you have serious talent. this story could stand on its own. i am so jealous of your ability to be able to think of all these scenes and make it seem as if they actually happened. you are a great writer!

-caitlin
Amina chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
Oh wow. This was amazing. Truly. Wish you had more Matt/Julie fics- but this one certainly covers just about everything. You have captured them perfectly-thanks for a great read!
astarnesdmd chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
This is really lovely. It reminded me of why I loved Matt and Julie. It would probably be a lot of work, but it would be a nice companion if you wrote this same story from Matt's POV. Hint, hint ;). Thanks for such a great story!
A-shiningstar chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
Such a well written story! I LOVED it! I loved it so much I even overlooked the tiny mistake of getting the college Julie went to wrong. I believe it was Burleson...I suppose I could be wrong but I'm just about positive it was Burleson. Not too big a deal though just thought I'd let you know.

I loved how it was just a bunch of little scenes throughout their relationship. I am new to the fandom, because I just watched the whole series on netflix in a less than a month. Julie and Matt are my favorite - and there is so little fanfic out there written about them...:( it's very disappointing to me. Of course as soon as I finished watching the series I wanted to read fanfic like immediately! I would really love it if you wrote more Julie and Matt stories! :)
Jane123 chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
So amazing! I cryer the whole second half of the story! A great fanfic for the best couple 3
Ryeloza chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
The intricacies of this story are absolutely beautiful. You've captured the nuances of the characters and really made them come alive. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed reading this.
disconoo chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
Amazing. Just amazing. The line right at the end about inviting smash to stay had me laughing out loud. Imagining him there with him. You really captured this couple and the show. I'm now going to rewatch my season one screen I'm so inspired. Awesome work please write more!