Reviews for This Haze Is Only Temporary
Guest chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
This is probably the most fitting future!Finn that I've read so far. )
sandra-wfg chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
oh wow, I realy liked this and I hope something down those lines will happen on the show :)

I also like the "You, Me" letter continuity you have with your fanfics :)

and on another note I'm also glad you haven't fallen down the face of the earth, I truly was worried for you, so here's to your comeback! Yay!
Paceismyhero chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
I'm not sure if I'll have much to pull out because this was honestly so terrific just as a whole, but let's see what happens. I originally read it early this morning and now get to come back and re-read, so who knows. :D

***And honestly, even if it makes him sound like a douchebag, sex kind of helps. He really loves his girlfriend and she was right when she said it made him feel like a million bucks getting something from her that no one else would ever have. The problem comes in the after. Because they fool around a lot, truthfully, but that just means there's a lot of afterward. And during the afterward, it's just another reminder that she's the only thing he's holding onto and she's leaving. That's pretty obvious. All the applications are either in or due shortly and the auditions and whatever else are doing and done and yeah. Basically, he's just waiting for that shoe to drop. He's thinking it's going to be less of a shoe and more of a brick. Or more of a concrete wall that leaves him flat and unable to move.***

Yea. That whole paragraph sums up why this/you are awesome. Completely Finn, but also wonderful showcase of mixing humor, realism, and just breathtaking sadness. Just raw human emotion. Awesome job!

*Random Note that has to do with several of the passages: I love the subtlety of it all. I can feel him loosening up and straightening his arrow, so to speak. The connection you're creating/strengthening between Finn and Rachel is also simply amazing. It all might actually be best summed up here:

****After they win, he gets a wild hair up his ass and submits an application to NYADA on the day before the application deadline but he doesn't tell Rachel. He's pretty sure she knows anyway because when she's moving over him after they ditch out on the Glee after-party, she whispers in his ear how much more certain he seems these days, more confident. She tells him it's so sexy and then kind of shows him what she means and they end up having sex two more times before he takes her home almost an hour late for her curfew. (It's worth the stern talking-to.)****

I'm seriously running out of space, but the entire "in Miami" passage was hilarious and poignant and awesome! Then everything with just what could be and Rachel being sneaky and then them moving in and Christmas and the last scene with the screaming and ... *gush* I loved it. You knew that already, I'm sure.

OH! Wait. I need to pull this out, but then I'm done:

****He gets home really, really late because he's in a band with a few other guys from his school and they have a regular deal at this bar around the corner. He slips into bed behind her in just his boxers because the rest of his clothes smell like he has been drumming in bar for the better part of two hours, and kisses that spot behind her ear to wake her up just a little. He whispers a question about how she even knew about his school. She says she just knew what to look for.****
wants2beawriter chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
I am coming out of hiding to post a comment as I know that my review has the potential to have a huge impact on your psyche and therefore crucial to your continued growth as an author. - Only you will get the significance of this comment and not think I am a bitch Hahahaha (Writing her far too long lol).

No, really, you are My Finn and I can't imagine anyone writing him better. My review is crappy, but you know what I am dealing with here, but wanted to at least have it on record how awesome I think you are!

There is no one I'd rather write with, so that being said, my closing which you have grown accustomed to...

"replied back and don't break her heart" lol.
Sadie chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
I love this story. It's everything I wish Finn's story would be. I actually tweeted Brad a link to The Collective last year! I'm not articulate enough to write so you have no idea how much I love seeing something that had been going round in my brain for a while actually written by someone who is!
This Little Lady chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
This is fantastic! It is very well written and in detail. How I wish this will be Finn's story in the show this season. Like how he overcomes his problems and dreams bigger and follows Rachel to New York. Good job!
noro chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
keep up the great work
lemonpeel chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
Amazing! Just...amazing. I loved this so, so much. (I maybe loved it extra hard because I'm a huge Foo Fighters fan, too. Lol) But I could feel the music and emotion coming from the words you wrote and it was absolutely beautiful.
hprwhg00 chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
Two thumbs up! Great!
CharmingKelsey16 chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
Oh my god. I AM CRYING! Thank you for writing this! It was amazing. This is exactly the kind of future I see for Finn and I can only pray that the show takes him in a direction like this. I want to see it so bad. I want him following his passion and Rachel standing by him and helping him. God, this was just BEAUTIFUL and so, so well written! Amazing job!
aBeautifulLiar chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
This was so adorable. :') I really loved it.
AnOfficialGleek chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
Wow! That's was extremely well written and I loved how realistic it seemed. Completely loved it! Go Finchel and especially go Finn 3 I'm glad he figured out what he wants in his life!

Suck on that recruiter who crushed Finn's dreams lol ;)