Reviews for Of Apples and Approbation
BlatantBookworm chapter 1 . 3/16/2015
This is actually really cute.
Ygrain33 chapter 1 . 6/13/2014
Awesome little thingy, capturing both Mai and Appa so perfectly!
A Fire Nation Citizen chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
This is an awesome story :)
Separate Entity chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
Chainbreaker is Zuko
Little Badgermole is Toph
Ocean Eyes is Katara
Blue-flame is Azula
Life Brother is Aang
Loud One is Sokka
And, of course, Mai is Quiet Knife.
This was incredible. I really like the way Appa views the world.
I think Toph's name is my favorite.
Astrid Goes For A Spin chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
Wow. For one thing, I never thought Appa could be that penseive. :) Secondly, I don't think Mai would be taking any chances with anything to do with Aang. Other than that, it's a good idea. Very well played out, well written. I particularly like Appa's inhuman naming of things and people. Clever!

Especially 'Chainbreaker'. It's ironic that Appa named Zuko for one of his best actions, instead of the majority of his worst.

Although, I must ask: who is Toph looking for in white?
muchdifrent92 chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
Cute!
Ky0to chapter 1 . 5/17/2012
I really enjoyed reading this. The portrayal of Appa's point of view was done well, and I liked the names he gave to people in his "herd". Great job, the best I've read in a while!

9.6/10
Guest chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
I initially thought " Loud One " was MoMo, because of the bit about incessant chattering. What about MoMo doesn't Appa have a special Sky Bison name for him too?
Private Fire chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
This is amazing!

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this. It is so refreshing and novel. It is fantastic that you wrote this from Appa's perspective. I love all the references Appa has for things and how he names them. Mai and Appa are so much in character. And the ending, ack - she must have hated that, but Appa did get the last word, or shall I say, lick in, didn't he.

Ah, the reference to Chainbreaker's scent on her; pure Maiko. I love it!

The only thing I didn't catch was the "weirdo in white" refernce. I thought you might have meant Bumi, but it was Mai's thoughts and she knows who Bumi is. Perhaps another weirdo in white?

Laser Lance 720 chapter 1 . 11/24/2011
I am so in love with this... the nicknames were amazing and I caught every one... the view from Appa was fantastic... you really got to see through his eyes and it was really interesting and cool... Mai's emotions... or lack of... was really nail hitting... amazing job... into Favs it goes!
Hunchbook chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
Adorable.

I love Mai, and this is an excellent view into her character. Your portrayal of Appa's thoughts is awesome as well. :)
FairladyZ2005 chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
This is so cute! I love all of Appa's pov and the names for the Gaang and was able to tell who was who. The only one I'm confused about at the moment was who the weirdo in white was from Mai's pov.

I am curious why if Appa can fly he didn't just fly up and chew the apples off the branches himself. Then again, this is more fun and maybe Appa didn't know Fire Nation apples were good to eat until Mai let him sample one. I really like how Mai and Appa bond. And Appa does come up with the perfect name for her. Both characters are portrayed very well.

Fyi if you're curious I have my own Appa vinyettes story where Zuko frees Appa and Appa also meets Mai. It's chapter seven (Appinions)of my Crown Prince Chronicles anthology fic.
Crazy Dyslexic Nerd chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
Lolitos, that was great. So, Life-Brother is Aang,Loud One is Sokka, Ocean Eyes Katara, Little Badgermole is Toph, (I call her Tophy because she remineds me of my sister, Katie, who I call Kake,) and Chainbreaker would be Zuko. Great names, btdubs.

-Dyslexic Nerd
Alabaster86 chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
Again, lovely piece with nice insight and humor. Thanks again for writing it!
Spry chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
Yay! This fits in with the show so perfectly! Congratulate yourself on writing such a great piece of work!

Well, let's see... Obviously Mai is Quiet Knife (duh!), Aang is Life Brother, Blue-flame is Azula, Loud One is most likely Sokka, Ocean Eyes is Katara and Toph is Little Badgermole. Which leaves Zuko, who must be Chainbreaker. There.

Did I get them all? Was I right?

Spry!