Reviews for The Violet Epitaph
You Light The Sky chapter 1 . 2/13
This was truly wonderful! I wish the show could have gone this way with Naomi playing a huge role, she could definitely keep up with L and Light, i think. Your portrayal of guilt and ghosts, of how the amnesia arc went, was brilliant. Again i am in awe of your writing!
Tarblade chapter 1 . 7/18/2014
I enjoyed it.
The lack of fluff and the serious and anguish fillex story is my cup of tea.
Author-chan123 chapter 1 . 7/5/2014
WOW..! this is just sooooo... amazing. Keep it up _
WolfishMoon chapter 1 . 1/2/2014
Very nice. And actually, I think the idea of romance was incredibly strong because of how absent it was. The implication of her hallucinations, her grave side conversation with Matsuda, the "had come to mean something infinitely more than Raye" line, etc. made the idea of romance s
Fizzlybubbles chapter 1 . 3/22/2013
Bravo. I never knew I shipped Naomi and Light till I read this and now I adamantly refuse to believe otherwise. You've made their relationship seem like such a natural progression, which, quite frankly, is astonishing to do for someone like Light. I love the Misora you present here, someone incredibly strong and intelligent, and it's such a pity she was killed off so early in the series. Your writing is hauntingly beautiful and I will be making my way through the rest of your stories. Brilliant job.
Ink Reservoir chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
Brilliant. This is one of my favorite ships and fluff makes me ill.
Lisoata chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
'The snow became a curtain and soon they could no longer tell their words from the stars and the streetlamps.'

Why? Why is everything you write so good? I feel compelled to review because nothing you write gets enough.
The poignancy and atmosphere is phenomenally done, Naomi is callous and driven, intelligent and rational in a way that emulates perfectly the way she was in canon. Light-as-Hallucination/Ghost is faux-caring and soft in a way that seems so perfect as a guilty hallucination and it's so clear how the polite attitude and hand holding drives her further towards insanity.
You know all this.
The flashbacks involving L seem almost unneccessary, you show the Light/Naomi dynamic so wonderfully in descriptions and dialogue, the added description of memoryless!Light is good but not as dynamically clear as the rest of it.
And of course, the ending was perfect.
Worry not Naomi, who in Death Note is sane?
Ratt9 chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
Huh, I could have sworn I reviewed this a while ago...

Well, this fic is one of my favourites on this site. I like the scenario, the atmosphere, everything (excluding your usual misuse of commas and lack of semicolons, which read kind of like nails on a chalkboard, but can be easily fixed with a beta or something).

This strikes me as a bit romantic, in a twisted and tragic sort of way.

I especially liked the conversation at the very end, on the bridge.

Okay, I believe that's all.

Ratt Kazamata
crimewaves chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
This is really lovely.

I'm sort of new to DN, so I'm still sort of wading through the earlier episodes (of the anime) and I was just now watching one of the episodes where Naomi was in it, and I was thinking about something like this. I was watching it, and thinking that there was a brief window of opportunity for Naomi to survive and join the taskforce when she was at the desk of the police building, having her first conversation with Light before taking a walk with him (and then going back, and then getting killed). She just seemed on the verge of telling him that he reminded her of L when he first went and deduced her personality from next to nothing in front of the secretaries (that's what I thought she was going to say anyway). It seems to me if she had said that just as she left the building with him, he might have gambled and kept her alive (maybe trying to keep her more to himself, but obviously he wouldn't have been able to do so forever) to try and pump her for information about L. In my head I was already speculating on the opportunities for fic from it. (Cos Light was very acting creepy too. He was saying that he wished he could follow her and see how she killed herself. This did a great job of making him come across as a serial killer to my mind, and that's always interesting, right?)

So I had something in mind about Naomi and Light, and I wasn't really expecting much when I searched , but you surprised me. I found this, and it's a bit different, but it's really nicer for it. I love it. I like the ghost (cos I'm certain that's what it is- or at least how I'm interpreting it) and I like the grimness and the ambiguity surrounding the whole fic. How their relationship is left sort of hazy (like you couldn't tell how close they were) and indeed their characters are left very hazy, particularly Naomi's. She's ruthless enough to kill her friend, and then afterwards she has so many nightmares about it... It's good.

The main criticisms that I could offer don't really seem relevant here in that this seems to be almost an abstract piece, and most of what's coming to mind is little pieces of characterization/interactions with other characters which would fuel a plot, which isn't too relevant here as it's focused on this specific dynamic, and on the taskforce. So here I can offer praise, and a plea to write more.

Smiley face of approval goes here- :).

Hurray!

(and sorry if the review is a bit nonsensical. It's late, and I'm a bit wiped out thinking about how crushed I'm going to be when I step foot in the shopping centre tomorrow for my last minute Christmas shopping. Uh *shudders*)
Chiooti chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
i love it!

sad yet lovable and interesting

i think it's one of best coupling one shot story i have read

Great Job!
V chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
Seriously one of the best things I have read. I was almost crying by the end. The characters are so disturbed and so very human.

It was great