Reviews for The Four Tophers of Bennett Halverson
eveningsparrow chapter 10 . 3/30/2013

Sci F.I. Warper chapter 10 . 3/28/2013
About time! Oi vey...

Poor Adelle. Is it just me, or could you hear her teeth grinding as she wrote that email? Well, hopefully Bennett will catch on.

And poor Topher...Interesting look into his madness. And I love how Adelle is STILL the only one who can understand him, even if she has to do a rough translation. Great bit on how the original personalities make up the building blocks of the future imprint.
Sci F.I. Warper chapter 9 . 10/22/2012
Oh no!

I'm enjoying these little epilogues for the various characters we meet, but that was just sad.

*sigh* So, when's the next update? Cause we need a Topher Rescue (I cannot stop obsessing over that) and I would love a face to face confrontation between Adelle and Bennett! Also, I may be completely in love with your story.
Sci F.I. Warper chapter 8 . 10/22/2012
Aw, you don't like Paul? But with Boyd gone we need a tall, morally-judgemental man for Topher to be a pain in the ass towards! Lol.

Sorry, I needed that laugh.

Oh, that was absolutely wonderful seeing Adelle go into full Momma Bear mode again. Sociopathic witch, huh? She has mellowed. Of course, I could hug her for recognizing Bennett's creepiness for what it was. Sucks that we have to rely on said witch for "fixing" Topher...but at this rate, what're ya gonna do? Phew.
Sci F.I. Warper chapter 7 . 10/22/2012
For a pair of genius, both of them are absolutely terrible at this whole "reading people" thing. So, does this mean Bennett's on team LA finally? Hmmm.
Sci F.I. Warper chapter 6 . 10/22/2012
*pinchs fingers together* Okay, I forgive her thiiss much.

So, everything that happened in the series played out the same as before, except rather then dying and setting off the crazy that way, Bennett made it and Washington is the Rossum Capitol of Evil? Okay, that makes sense.

Oh god, Topher. Batman to Catwoman, huh? *sigh* I mean, I'm pro for Bennett trying to fix him, but still there's no excuse. I know the feelings were there, but imprisoning a guy, forcing him to be a doll, and confusing him with science-speak does not really invoke my warm and fuzzy approval of a relationship between these two. Which sucks, since they're both in the very moral grey. Argh.
Sci F.I. Warper chapter 5 . 10/22/2012
Again, I repeat, where in the bloody hell is the rescue team?!

I mean, don't get me wrong. The examination into Bennett's, um, mind is...fascinating? No, that's not it. I don't think there are words to describe what it is. I mean, it's cool in a oh-crap-she's-nuts kind of way; but we knew that about her already. And I like how you've managed to incorperate her "specialty" when it comes to making imprints with the host body's (mostly) original personality. Which makes me think "Brandon" waking up is more Topher's actual personality breaking through while "Hermes" grouping is the left-over remnants of "maybe she'll help me". I do wonder, beyond the fact he's crying whenever she bring him back, what's going on in the real Topher's mind when she brings him back, though.

I don't know. I mean if Alpha can eventually be forgiven, I'm sure she can. And I'm sure with the imprint tech maybe she can save the real Topher's mind. But for right now she is going way beyond the boundary of "kid with a toy in a basement" psychology.
Sci F.I. Warper chapter 4 . 10/22/2012
Gah! Never has the line, "Her treatments make me my best." ever sounded so damn friggin' creepy. *twitch* Topher should never ever ever ever ever sound like that. I'm gonna go with not liking Bennett right now, I'm gonna say she's not good. Just...that's wrong. And what the hell is with this ignoring the fact there's no contract?! And where the hell is the wrath of Adelle?! I mean if anyone's gonna take Medusa down a peg it's gonna be the ice queen.
Sci F.I. Warper chapter 3 . 10/22/2012
"One does not simply hack into the DC mainframe."

I think my heart just broke a little.

Oh Topher. This was a beautiful little moment between him and Adelle. It's nice to see him be himself, but you could definitely sense the edge of the cliff through this. And that last line...brilliant description of Topher's awesomeness!
Sci F.I. Warper chapter 2 . 10/22/2012
Wow. That was...that was like an inverse of the Claire situation. A really painful, heartbreaking inverse. Oi...and now my head hurts.

Yay! Topher's breaking through! Or...well, Hermes is? I don't know. But woot for the mantra in this case.

Beyond that. Eugh. Romantic engagements? Really? Just when I thought the Washington Dollhouse couldn't get any freaking creepier. I mean, it's not like Topher signed a contract or something. *cracks knuckles* If they even think of putting him the Attic. Grrrr.
Sci F.I. Warper chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
Oh come on! That's wrong. That's just so so sososo wrong. Not that I can't see the appeal, but...noo. No no no no no.

That said, I kind of adored the stroll through Bennett's clearly disturbed mind. The variety of, um, Tophers is interesting (even if "Chris" made me facepalm at the sheer adorable dorkiness). But really, we need a rescue plan asap! And we need Topher to be Topher and awesome and geek-boy James Bond again!
Stephan chapter 8 . 7/23/2012
Nice! I liked the 8 chapters so far.
Time and Fate chapter 6 . 5/8/2012
Ooo I like it
Time and Fate chapter 5 . 4/9/2012
Really like where this is going :)
Time and Fate chapter 3 . 3/26/2012