Reviews for Never Forgetting
URGENT chapter 1 . 10/18/2014
THIS CONCERNS READERS. PLEASE READ. THIS IS NOT MEANT FOR MY HOPELESS ROMANTIC. READERS, PLEASE READ BELOW.

We've heard it all. Plagiarism. It's happened to many authors on this site; many authors in the Gakuen Alice fandom. We hate plagiarism, right?

MY HOPELESS ROMANTIC IS A PLAGIARISER.

Please check out the author 'Wanderer of the Roads' and her story 'The Devil Wears Prada'. It's a HARRY POTTER fanfiction, which My Hopeless Romantic ripped off. She has stated recently in her biography that 'The Devil's Contract', was taken off FFn because of 'profanity' in the story summary. And quite conveniently, she had not saved her story so she can no longer re-upload it. It's 'lost'. Well, it was never really hers to begin with.

Please read 'Wanderer of the Roads''s biography. It is not fair that this has happened to her.

DON'T SUPPORT PLAGIARISM. DON'T SUPPORT WRITERS WHO PLAGIARISE.

Thank you.
Andy Jacksonn chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
I love this story. Seriously.

There's nothing wrong about it, and I'm absolutely sure that you know that when you wrote it. It's short, but it's wonderful. PEOPLE HAVE TO REVIEW THIS LIKE CRAZY. I would. XDDDDDD
Outta Touch chapter 1 . 11/22/2011
Wish i could write like you, lol. Its funny cause everyone seems to gang up on me but really i write well too.

Miss plagiarizer is below. MHR, i hope you help me. Shes taking over everything

Btw, the story is good. More than good it is great. Hope you don't go away from becoz your writing is really great.
la.bella.vita13 chapter 1 . 11/22/2011
Wow. Just...wow.

The way you wrote that, the way you just made my heart pop, was phenomenal. The only reason why people haven't reviewed this yet is because they don't know what to say after reading such an enchanting piece.

Love. Love. Love. :)
JoiZ. D chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
Liked the way they said Yuka never really gave them any closure. It's kinda true... Good job! Liked it!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
WTF. Why doesn't this have a million views?

This is lovely~
this.pen.is.red chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
HOLY... You updated.

And I was starting to lose hope... :(

But damn, I love Shiki. You got me really interested in him, and since then I haven't been able to forget about how amazing he is.

I always felt bad for unrequited loves. AH.

You're so good at writing.

I love it!
TangeloTime chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
That was beautiful, and it made me cry. I really liked this piece, and everyone was just perfect.

Especially with posting it on such a special day, the themes and inspiration for this piece really resonated, even though I read it a day late. Thank you for writing this.
A Hopeless Romantic At Heart chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
Gosh, its soo sad and depressing to read on 11/11... (not in the bad way i promise) tears threatened to fall down T_T

Such a sad story but really well written!

LaughXSmile everyday
MiladyQueenMab chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
This review probably not going to make a lot of sense. But since I take pleasure in reading your stories, I shall. This will be long. You don't have to read all of it if you don't want to. I'm just really interested in the premise of this, and I feel like rambling.

I'll review as I go. :)

It's sweet that you've made it so that the main characters of the actual manga have achieved their happiness. But even if this was set in the future, rather than follow Mikan and the crew, you've used the characters from the past to develop this sense of reminiscence, and it effectively established your idea that a good love never really dies.

There was always something about Shiki's character that intrigued me so. I think it was the fact that he was in so much pain, yet refused to cry out or complain. I like how you've followed his character in the third person limited perspective, giving a glimpse of what he thinks as he looks at the picture and reminisces.

I liked your interpretation of Mikan in Shiki's eyes. In a sense, it shows the growth of Shiki, as he's able to differentiate from the two, and live for the future. It's a difficult thing, and quite a complex topic to cover, but you're doing a wonderful job. :)

I think I'm being redundant when I'm saying this, but the interpretation of Shiki and his recollection of Yuka is just so well done. It does show a bit of playfulness when he describes the way Izumi and Yuka would've acted if they'd seen Natsume and Mikan together, but despite it all, it just all seems bittersweet and, most importantly, real. They will never forget, but they still learn to accept the truth, rather than let it haunt them forever. Rather, the death of the two have only strengthened each and every character.

Oh, Anna. Only you can put people like Narumi and Shiki together, an unprecedented pairing, and let it all play it naturally and, for the lack of a better word, wonderfully. In fact, I'm not sure why no one's thought about creating them in a story together before. They were both victims of unrequited love for the same person, and so they provide good grounds for friendship, don't they? Hm. Well, hopefully you've started a trend, and people will start posting some more on these two. :)

"But it's still nothing without her." - The line not only enforces the lack of being able to let go, but how much Narumi misses her now. And similarly, "he wished he could turn it back", shows Shiki's true devotion to her as well. It's almost devastating how much of an effect the woman had on these two.

You say I've got a way with writing, but please, Anna, look at yourself. Without using too many descriptions all over the place, you manage to get your point across concisely and enriched with purpose. Additionally, your writing depends heavily on emotion. I could literally feel myself moved by the conversations in the piece.

Which leads me to my next topic. The dialogues here- particularly those between Shiki and Narumi- are brilliant. I loved the "I kind of hated you back then" revelation that Narumi had, and the response of Shiki to that. It was real, even more so than the conversations I hear from people surrounding me nowadays. As readers, we get a sense of who Shiki and Narumi were to each other, which is something that isn't covered in the manga. And it really intrigues me.

I felt like the discussion between the two of them was more than necessary for both of them. They kind of undergo a change, and even if they forgot them the next day as you elaborated, they would be changed and moved by the words forever. I have moments like these too, where I talk about how I feel to anyone out there, and I just let it out. Even if I know that when I wake up tomorrow morning, I won't give a damn about what I said the night before, it IS liberating to reiterate one's emotions. That's what I think I love most about this piece. Anyone can relate to this because everyone's lost something at one point, but what's really important is not to forget. No matter how painful or suffocating it is, we mustn't forget.

Yeah, this is getting pretty long. :P

Oh my. LUNA. See, this has got to be my favorite story from you, because you took characters that a) don't get a lot of attention and b) gave them depth and meaning to the extent that even if they began initially as characters that we were all meant to hate (i.e. Luna), they metamorphose into this somewhat relatively real and relate-able character. :) And, arguably, Luna uttered the most important line of the piece: "I don't want to forget." Despite the terrible things she's overcome, without those memories, she wouldn't be able to exist as the same entity she is now. And by this, I think, Luna's the most mature of the group. xD

I loved the silence afterwards. It established that everything that wanted to be said had been said, and that was that. They're growing, really, little by little. Each droplet of rain outside affirms that they are, in fact, here alive, and though Yuka and Izumi aren't anymore and they've accepted it, they will forever be in remembrance of the effect that their existence had on each of their lives. More Yuka than Izumi, but y'know.

Anna, I think you've made a masterpiece. It capitalizes on one of the most difficult areas of life, and does so without the use of Mikan or Natsume to steal the spotlight. It's a story that everyone can laugh and cry about.

So I'm just going to stick in a quote here that I felt was relevant:

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

'cause for us humans, every day is Remembrance Day. :)
Too Kewl For You chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
Wow.

this is amazing!
IAmTheBattleMaiden chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
Hmm... That was beautiful. :) It wasn't so depressing that it left you with a heavy heart, but it was solemn enough to make you feel warm... or something. Regardless, I thought it was a genuine story of rememberance and honoring those left behind. So thanks. _

Ja-ne! _-
Le Sobriquet chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
I normally don't read stories of this genre but I took a leap of faith with this one and whoa, it's amazing.

You have this ability to use language so beautifully, the while piece just comes smoothly. The ending where they talk about how she loved them and they loved her was really impactful, and I think it brings across the message that even if someone we love dies, no one will ever truly forget. It's a great piece, and I truly believe that not many people would have been able to pull this off without sounding boring and whatnot, since this is a whooping 4k words. Wow. I currently have some immeasurable respect for your writing skills, haha.

Thank you for writing this and brightening up my morning with a heartwarming story. :)
Dreamless Heart chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
This story is really well-written.

I haven't seen many stories that envolve Shiki/Narumi. Maybe it's because their meant to be side characters, but I feel like they're a big part of the whole anime/manga, and without them, Gakuen Alice wouldn't be the way it is.

Anyway, nice story and please do continue to write more.

~Dreamless Heart
Little Cute Girl chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
Yaay. It's a Remembrance Day in my country for fallen soldiers, too. And happy 11/11/11. :) We only see this once in our life time. Kind of sad, isn't it? :(

Your story was touching. Really. I love how you write. So grown up. (: I should learn from you, hehe.

~LCG