Reviews for What Remains
great ending!
chanur chapter 2 . 2/20/2013
Great
chanur chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
Even if Jasper was so angry against her, all she ever did was to do the best for him. It's so heartbreaking.
Dherea chapter 2 . 2/5/2013
Alice is more than slightly nut-so in this version - but, I still hope that she gets her HEA. I just hope Garrrett is man enough to deal with her brand of crazy!
orangeapeal chapter 2 . 10/19/2012
So interesting how your Alice evoked aggravation, sympathy, anger, curiosity & appreciation, sometimes in turn, sometimes all together. Marvelous complexity!
littlezink chapter 2 . 5/6/2012
Awesome, as always. I love your interpretation of Alice in both B&B and this. Not ruthless or evil, not completely insane, but just slightly twisted by the strain a gift like hers would put on a person. Keeping both perspective and complete sanity would be impossible when you had the ability to work events to your will.

And of course love the Garrett/Alice dynamic. Laughed my ass off more than once at Garrett. A happily ever after would be a boring cop-op with these two...they're far too interesting for that. )
THE Chick Norris chapter 2 . 4/17/2012
Oh hon. I have MISSED reading your stuff! A little birdie told me that I just HAD to read this, and I'm so glad that I did. I LIKE a well written Alice, with or without Jasper and too often Jasper/Bella writers simply paint her as the bad guy without giving her any depth. I love that you have taken the time to explore her and to show that she's not any worse than anyone else.

A beautiful story, as always.
yearprincess chapter 2 . 2/28/2012
Awwwwww
aerobee82 chapter 2 . 2/22/2012
You've truly made Alice more than a one-dimensional character, and people should really be appreciating that about you, and your talent.

She raised my hackles in B&B, never knowing whether I could trust her or not. But with this particular chapter, I *get* her. I understand how her ability and her tumultuous relationship with Jasper wasn't a) good for her whatsoever and b) made her the way she *is.*

It would be a draining thing, day in and say out, never having to sleep, and ALWAYS having to be subjected to visions you didn't want to see regarding your ex-lover. Watching your family live and love without you around. Dealing with the loneliness that entails. Her silence spoke volumes in this chapter.

And Garrett. You know I love his character so. He's funny, he can be an ass, and he's also so patient. He puts himself in her shoes in a way that I'm not sure the rest of the Cullen coven had. Or tried to. I think you know what I'm saying.

I love that you shared this with us. Getting into Alice's brain is awesome. Understanding her is paramount.

Flove you, bb.
GeezerWench chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
As always, you write very well.

but now I'm going to have to re-read "Bitemarks and Bloodstains".
Taniadanoff chapter 2 . 2/21/2012
That was so nice!I usually hate Alice with passion. This time though, you succeed to give her so many layers that I finally found something redeemable in her. Thank you for writing!
moonhoney2 chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
Again, lots of pretty words that make absolutely no sense and just confuse rather than enlighten. It did answer one of my questions, tho. Why Alice said "Good" in the last chapter, but that was all. And that, not until nearly the very end. Lots of white noise before we got there.
aerobee82 chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
Thanks for letting us in on Alice's thought processes. She was a true enigma in B&B, and we never really knew what her motivations were until the very end.

She resolves to let him go—the images come quicker and harder and throttle her where she stands. It's her everything falling to pieces in the middle of a hot and sterile space. She wonders if fighting a losing battle is preferable to laying down arms, and she knows what he would say to that; the vision of him mouthing 'fuck that shit' is clear as the fading sunlight casting her shadow onto the floor in front of her.

As much as I wanted to kill her for not being 100% truthful in B&B, this kind of thing makes me hurt for her. Her pain is palpable, you can feel it cracking as you read. Brilliantly done, bb.