Reviews for Three Chances
loved it!
SoulMore chapter 1 . 2/17/2014
FAN!
princess-oro chapter 1 . 5/25/2013
And even till the end he's an asshole.
perfect-narcissist chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
Um...wow?
That was ridiculously touching, I swear I almost shed a tear when I read that last sentence. I love your writing style and representation of the characters. How you tie in original movies with the prequel is great and how, while still keeping everything canon in this fic, you managed to integrate Charles/Erik.
This was a perfect fic for this fandom and something that I have been looking for for ages.
Great read.
niver chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
This was fantastic, great idea!
Darkyu chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
Loved it! You really nailed the cannon relationship between Erik and Charles. They're so in love with each other but they can't just go and apologise for misundertandings!

Thank you! I hope I'll read more about this couple from you!

Darkyu
RemusthePudgyWolf chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
XD Another fantastic story, although I wish that Charles would find out that Erik was protecting him. Fluff is waaaay better than angst. Even though angst is just...you love to hate it!
WingedWolf121 chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
This really, really, really, ought to have more reviews. I think you nailed Stryker's personality, and Magento's attitude towards anyone who dares hurt Charles, and agh, my heart was rebroken when Stryker realized how much Magneto loved Charles.

"had Xavier not been born a mutant, Magneto might have fought for him anyways, simply because he loves him." I'm not sure why I love this line, but I do. I love this entire oneshot, and that's coming from someone who normally can't stand first person pov.

My only disagreement would be Stryker's thought that if he killed Magneto first Charles would be easy to get rid of. I'm of the opinion that if Stryker killed Erik, Charles's attitude would turn from peaceful to wrathful very quickly.
phoenixqueen chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
Brilliantly well done! Although, given the timeline of the stories, it seems a little unrealistic that the Stryker in First Class was the same Stryker in X2, just given his apparent age. I think it's more likely that the Stryker in X2 was the son of the Stryker in First Class. Xavier said during the briefing that Agent Stryker was thinking about his son William, and William Stryker was the name of the one in X2.

But that's a tiny nitpick, and really, given the apparent agelessness of the merry band of mutants, it's mostly irrelevant. But you did a fantastic job with this story, showing all the different ways that Stryker would have had the opportunity to go after Charles, and ways that Magneto would have sought to protect him, almost as if making pennance for the bullet on the beach and leaving him. I even loved the subtlety of Mystique defending her brother during the first and third tries.

Wonderful job, and for this being such an unusual style of writing for you, I think you handled it very well, and it didn't seem awkward at all! First person can be very tricky to write in, especially when there isn't a lot of information given about a particular character, because you have to think about how they might react and speak while trying to tell the story.

I'd love to see you continue this, perhaps from Magneto's viewpoint? How did he find out about the three attacks?

Or maybe from Mystique's viewpoint...did she hesitate at all in jumping to Charles' defense, especially considering the guilt she would likely have about leaving him the way she did?

Or...maybe Charles was not as oblivious as Stryker thought, but he decided to stay his hand to see what Magneto would do? You have a lot of places you could take this story if you wanted to expand it to a multi-chaptered fic.
Kahenia chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
Brilliant: to analyze Erik and Charles relationship trough a third party as Stryker was not only original but also very interesting. I loved how Erik laughs sadly at the end, as if hes recognizing his mistake: living his whole life without being near his love. Nice drabble, really! :D