Reviews for Candlelight Tales
ununokt chapter 3 . 4/21/2015
This was lovely. I really liked the image at the and of the 3rd story, Mac and Stella im front of the fire. The 2nd story was very (sweet is not the best word to describe it, I suppose) heart-warming. Thank you for your work :-)
Advazzz chapter 3 . 8/31/2013
I can honestly say that in the beginning it was difficult for me to understand the story because English isn't my first language...but as the story continued I fell in love in it. My dear Lily you write so beautiful with every little detail ...

I love this couple so mush and you described them so perfectly. Your Mac is so caring and your Stella is so...Stella :)

Thank you for your stories... :)
Daisy1966 chapter 3 . 7/24/2013
Aww! What a romantic and cute story! I love every inch of this story. :) The image of Mac all rain-soaked was so sexy. LOL! I love him wanting to keep his wife and an unborn baby warm, being worried about being a good father and also Stella reassuring him. The way you described him that he thought himself imperfect got him more real.
You portrayed their relationship beautifully and it made my heart warm.

This is awesome, Lily! I LOVE it. LOVE, LOVE! :)

Thank you so much for sharing this awesome story! :)
Daisy1966 chapter 2 . 7/24/2013
This is another amazing story! I love the way you used colors and weather in this. It added the story sometimes a romantic mood, and sometimes a fearful omen and it worked well. As always, your writing is poetic, phenomenal and incredibly beautiful...and draws me into your world.

They had passed a florist, the buckets of roses outside snagging her attention. Mac had noticed. He had seen her gaze tugged towards the blood red blooms and with a different smile flowering on his face, he had led her into the store, catching up a bunch of the reddest blossoms and paying for them. With an almost shy look on his face, he had presented them to her. With no shyness at all, she had kissed him, her lips on his; a trace of rose pink in both their cheeks when they had pulled back.

This is awesome! We could rarely see Mac being shy on the show. I love this side of him and it's nice to see him this way.

There are too many lines, moments and scenes that tagged my heart, but my absolute favorite part in this was the ending because it was not an ending...it let me feel it was a beginning of something more between Mac and Stella. Great job! :)

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful story! :)
Daisy1966 chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
Aww! This was amazing! Little did I imagine what this story would be like until I clicked the page. Wow! Mac and Stella were pirates! It never crossed my mind. What an interesting, exciting and romantic story this is! I love Mac trying to protect Stella even when she's capable of fighting against the enemies! And I couldn't help but fancy that Flack was fighting with a bandanna around the head...can you blame me? LOL!

One of my favorite line is this:

"When he saw the tear in the sleeve of her shirt, saw blood oozing through it as she winced in pain and clutched at it, his rage swallowed up all reason. A roar broke from him and he leaped for Blackbeard's throat, both of them crashing to the deck."

And another is this:

"I missed you," Stella said as she leaned forward to kiss him and he savoured the taste of her lips on his. "Don't ever scare me like that again..."

"I'll try," he murmured and returned her kiss, the ache in his head receding as he held her in his arms. Each other's presence being the only thing mattering to both of them."

Thank you so much for sharing another fantastic story! :)
smuffly chapter 3 . 12/11/2012
Three very striking stories, each one even better than the last (though I now have such a lovely image in my mind of Mac Taylor, sea captain, and his wife!) In the end, my favourite really was the third one, which was elegant in its simplicity, and full of warmth. Thanks for the recommendation. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
LindsC33 chapter 3 . 9/20/2012
I had read these 3 stories awhile ago and then rediscovered them and am glad I did! I do hope you write more. I love the creativity of them and the way you write Mac and Stella. There is a tenderness and a sweetness about their relationship that comes out in your writing. Please update soon!
Ballettmaus chapter 3 . 7/27/2012
You have only posted 3 tales? I had thought it were more. Post more :-)
Anyway, on to the subject, I love that you went with the happy news though something not so happy would have worked as well (yes, I did write what you thought you read ;-)) I love the idea of a rainstorm while they're cuddled into a log cabin; I simply love the coziness the idea entails. Wouldn't mind being in one myself right now.
I also love how Mac corrects the time; have from the beginning!
Hope you'll post another tale soon! :-)
DNAisUnique chapter 3 . 7/19/2012
That's so sweet of Mac to go outside in the rain to get more wood for the fire. Oh, how I've missed all the lovely moments these two share. :) Top-notch banter, as always, and I love that Stella is the one who delivers the line that's the title of this chapter. I can see the love between them in each gesture and through everything they say. Sweet ending to another fantastic chapter.
afrozenheart412 chapter 3 . 7/17/2012
This was romantic and deep at the same time, with how Mac was worrying about being a father. I adore that part of it, even knowing that both Mac and Stella will be in for all the good and the baby in this new adventure they'll go through. But the imperfection of it is the WHOLE FUN of it, the first smile, the first giggle at Mommy and Daddy's antics. Heck, I can see Mac taking a picture of the first diaper change he'd be that proud of his baby! :D

Mac shouldn't worry so much, he's going to be a great day with the love and care he takes with Stella and their family. Heck with the way he rolls with the punches at work should be enough to qualify for parenthood, LMAO! Stella should have stretch marks from Danny and Don alone! XD The way he brought out the blankets and made a nest for him and Stella and the baby, that there shows he's ready to take care of another. Marvelous job, Lily!

Happy Birthday Little Miss Lou!
SMackedCaskett chapter 3 . 7/7/2012
Always a fan of SMacked babies :)

I really love how you describe situations and places just perfectly!
kaidiii chapter 3 . 7/5/2012
Excellent! Very nice moments for Mac and Stella! Very well written! Well done:):):)
Crowded Angels chapter 3 . 7/3/2012
Hello there! I really liked the additional layer of the pregnancy to the first time I read this. Definitely adds a dimension and a lovely one at that. :) x
cmaddict chapter 3 . 7/3/2012
As always, such an excellent update. I loved how you very slowly revealed the news that they're expecting, and the fear Mac feels about being a father is very consistent with the character. As is him going out in the middle of a downpour to get wood for the fire. And, as always, I love the interactions between these characters. Great update, and I can't wait to read the next one!
ellivmacstellaiwish chapter 3 . 7/3/2012
"Your hair! Mac, it's soaked!"
"That's what happens when you go out in the rain without a hat on," he said wryly, rubbing his head and regarding his wet palm with a frown.
Stella screwed her face up in bewilderment. "Why were you going outside in this kind of weather, at this time of the morning?"
"Because the fire needed more wood," he replied as if that was all the explanation needed.
Still baffled, Stella shook her head. "Couldn't it have waited? I thought we were letting the fire die down. It's 4am, Mac."
"3.55am; to be exact," he said with a small smile and busied himself poking at the fire which caused the flame to leap and spread itself across the wood. Stella stepped forward and held her hands out to the fire as a shiver caught her unawares. Wow, way to point out the obvious and be incredibly sarcastic Mac.

Mac gave a slight shrug. "I didn't want you getting cold overnight; you were mumbling something in your sleep about blankets, so..."
"So you get cold and wet yourself instead. Yeah, that makes sense." Hands on her hips, she gave him an appraising look. Haha, so that automatically means that she was cold? Well that was really sweet of Mac though. His intentions were good and I guess that's all that counts.
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »