Reviews for The New FF
Silo666 chapter 1 . 1/11/2014
kool I hope to see from this its kinda funny
Guest chapter 1 . 12/5/2012
this is good. I really liked it more than I thought. really wishing for more chapters actually... please? lol
thebestoftherest chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
do a sequeal where spiderman and date song bird
Fish chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
I noticed an asshole named Gundam Kaiser has you on his favorites but do you really want to have anything to do with him? Here is his review for the Love Hina fic The Beast I am by orionpax09:

Gundam Kaiser 6/14/12 . chapter 4

Naru is a lot of things, but /sadistic/ is not among them. Hot-tempered, yes. Impulsive? Perhaps. But in the manga, she's never shown to actually /enjoy/ what she puts Keitaro through, and there are several instances where, when it's shown that she was wrong after the fact and that whatever-it-was /wasn't/ Keitaro's fault, she's genuinely sorry about it and tries to make it up to him. On top of that, from what I hear, Naru's abusiveness is /way/ over-the-top in the anime compared to the manga, so apparently most fans here only saw the anime and never checked out (or, perhaps more importantly, finished) the manga.

Shinobu dealing with people who could kill her with one temper tantrum? While /technically/ true, when was the last time /anybody/ ever got angry at Shinobu? And Wil E. Coyote's just as much a victim as Keitaro - dude's gonna fricken die of hunger one of these days because millions of people around the world love watching him starve.

/Accurate portrayal/? Are you sure this isn't a humor fic, because that makes me laugh so damn hard. Naru is aggressive, and violent, and more or less the archetypical tsundere, which means she's basically in denial about her feelings and frustrated about it and deals out punches because of it. She is /not/, however, as insane as you've made her out to be. You wrote her as "Yeah, I punched him across town. What's that? Kaolla's got a new death machine? How dare that pervert run off on us!" In canon, however, if that happens, she's the /first/ to go "Oh crap, maaaaaaybe I shouldn't have done that." Actually, you've probably given accurate portrayal to everyone /but/ Naru and Motoko. Heck, at the very beginning, Motoko was even harsher on Keitaro than Naru was, and /far/ more apt to blame him for everything - in other words, amusingly enough, Naru was more often the calm one while /Motoko/ "GET RID OF HIM!" (at first. After being humiliated and broken a couple of times, she got much better.) And even then, neither Naru nor Motoko /ever/ tried to kill him, they only tried to make him leave.

Consider that when Kanako first showed up, she was a near-obsessive psycho who would stop at nothing short of personal harm to get everyone else out of her way (including sweet little Shinobu) so that she could have Keitaro all to herself. And, just like everyone else, she changed for the better.

Shinobu might be the only one with character development in the anime, but throughout the manga, /everybody/ gets it. In fact, the three people who get arguably the /most/ character development? Keitaro, Naru, and Motoko.

Still, you haven't quite turned me off this fic completely, so I guess I'll give the next chapter a shot.

[report review for abuse] Gundam Kaiser 6/14/12 . chapter 3

After seeing the other reviews... ugh. The sheer amount of bashing and undeserved hate - and even moreso the stupid justifications for it - make me /sick/.

First off, I don't know how the anime went, but I've read the entire manga, and I gotta say that some of the things said about Naru and Motoko (moreso Naru) are just flat-out lies. For one thing, there are only /two/ tenants who have ever intentionally screwed with Keitaro /explicitly/ because they wanted to see him suffer - Mitsune, who's just a goddamn troll, and Sarah, who's a brat. And /both/ of them mellowed out a /lot/ by the end of the series.

For another major thing, Naru does /not/ abuse Keitaro just for the hell of it. Whenever he's not around, she's been shown to worry about whether or not he's okay, and she worries a /lot/. On top of that, there was even an entire story arc where she never did wrong by him once, when they were trapped on Para-something island! /Futhermore/, when Keitaro was away and studying to be an archaeologist like Seta, Naru faithfully waited for him to return, like they promised.

As for Motoko and her issues with Tsuruko, that's a bit more complicated than many people seem to believe - Motoko isn't angry because Tsuruko abandoned /her/ specifically for a guy, it's because she abandoned /the sword/ for a guy. Tsuruko had /everything/ - no, /was/ everything that Motoko wanted to be at the time... and suddenly, this dude shows up, Tsuruko ups and abandons her position as Shinmeiryuu swordmaster, effectively pulverizing the role model Motoko looked up to and shoving everything onto her when she wasn't ready for it. It's no wonder that Motoko has issues with men after that. And /then/, at one point, Tsuruko ups and shatters Motoko's sword right after kicking her ass. Now remember that Motoko considers herself to be a samurai, and that they treat their swords as an extension of their own life. She spent /ages/ in a near-perpetual state of what can be summed up as "freaked out" until Keitaro helped her grow out of it. Did Motoko ever abuse him after that? No, she did not. Granted, by that point Keitaro had started getting awesome and the accidents weren't half as prevalent as they used to be... And, given that you've had Motoko be fairly sensible in this fic, I thank you for not going overboard with her.

Sorry for ranting, I just hate it when somebody derails a character's personality into one-dimensional jerkitude/bitchery.

Now then, actually getting to the story itself - while I'm not averse to Shinobu taking a few levels in badass here and there (and I'm not against her getting superpowers either) I really think it would have been better if it were something that fit her personality more. Misato fits the Hulk well enough (though Green Lantern /much/ moreso), but Shinobu doesn't seem to /get/ angry in the first place, much less repress it. On the other hand, I don't really have any better suggestions to stay gamma-themed, other than one other dude's suggestion of Grey Hulk - Shinobu is more or less a generally level-headed person. Having a side of her that uses that level-headedness to inflict harm and suffering on others would make for a better dichotomy than if she just went apeshit screaming nuts like Banner does.

Aside from the demonization of Naru (which has, thankfully, been relatively mild thus far) and the not-quite-but-I-fear-incoming demonization of Motoko, I have no complaints thus far. I mean, I'm not saying that any of the Love Hina characters are perfect, but, well... Nevertheless, since despite your reputation, you've been relatively fair so far, I guess the next chapter will either make or break this story for me.

I don't have an account but I thought I'd tell you what kind of guy Gundam Kaiser is.
MASTER-OF-SUPRISE chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
Now I'm hoping for more.
KingBowser444 chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
I found it very humorous, and accurate to the charaters, throughout the story, but as soon as "I'm the Juggernaut, Bitch!" came in to view, I lost it! Keep it up!
Insert clever name here chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
Very funny, I hope you make an actual story out of this. Also kind of like the pairing. It's strange but I think it could work.
turbomagnus chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
A mercenary that never stops talking that knows he's a fictional character and has a face that looks like the dog chewed on it; the avatar of a god with a penchant for entering places by putting holes in the walls; a former wrestler-turned-supervillian-turned pretend hero-turned-hero for real with sonic powers; and a spider-powered geek that fires off more one-liners than he does weblines that has the local media mogul wanting him unmasked and preferably dead...

Actually, I think my confidence in their success as a team just sky-rocketed.

Sidenote; Don't know why, but after having played Ultimate Alliance 2, I've always thought Spidey and Songbird make a cute couple...
Fox Boss chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
This was great. I'd like to see everyone's reaction if they remained a team. They'd probably be called The Nuisances, The Pests, etc.
Toaneo07 Ver2.0 chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
fue cool
Gundam Kaiser chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
Hehehehe... MUWAHAHAHAHAHA! *snaps back to normal*

Sorry, it was just too funny not to use my evil laugh (which is actually my normal laugh).

Still, this was a pretty good short story. Any idea when you'll be updating Kamen Rider Blue Gold? I've just recently gotten into Kamen Rider (specifically, Decade), and I really REALLY WANT TO SEE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE!
Spidey Legend chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
So much win with this hilarious team.

I wish you would do a sequel.
banryuwielder244 chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
Nice! Now the only way to make this better is to continue it, but the insanity that is Wade Wilson would most likely be difficult to channel into a multi-chapter story. At least one like this; but I applaud this current one-shot. Keep up the good work, my friend.
Draton chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
thats a fantastic four i could get behind.
animefan29 chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
Well its certainly odd, having Spider Man team up with three villains who for some reason want to be heroes after.