Reviews for Wedding Flowers
Guest chapter 1 . 10/22/2014
Oh good heavens, you wrote the most perfect opening I've ever read.

I just-

Wow.
Guest chapter 29 . 5/17/2014
I don't know if you're going to read this, as you wrote this a while ago, but I really had to say this was a fantastic piece of fanfiction that I could not stop reading. I'm so glad writers like you exist in the world; I would very much like to write pieces that meet your standard of writing. To top it off, you are part of the Corpse Bride fandom, and the Victor and Victoria part of that fandom, which I had no idea existed for the longest time but now rejoice because it does. Frankly, thanks to everyone who is part of the community; it is such a gem to find on this website. Once again, thank you so much for all that you have put in to your work. I do hope you know how much your writing has meant to everyone here.
Sonosublime chapter 29 . 1/25/2013
Brilliant story, as usual. i loved the separate personalities of each of the daughters, and how victor and victoria's characters bounced off them.

i loved Pastor Gallswell's comment about making sure all the guests were alive. your humour was very witty, and felt natural to the corpse bride universe. Congrats on finishing such a fantastic story, and for getting married in real life _
They-Want-Me-To-Tap-Dance chapter 29 . 10/23/2012
Thank you so much for every single story you have posted on this website in relation to Corpse Bride. Although I was a little sad that there was no ending to Victor's Daughters, every piece of writing is sublime. :) I might have to share this with a good friend of mine, for he feels that the Corpse Bride movie is terribly one sided. These stories have given the tale a life all its own.
It's interesting to go in depth, whether subtly or outright, about what effect Emily's memory had on the Van Dort family. From the movie, you would just assume that there was a happily ever after, and that not much more mind was paid to Emily after she passed on. But these stories and vignettes make discoveries, small and large, of what her death and sacrifice granted to Victor and Victoria in the long run. I didn't read these stories in any particular order, so it was like a stream of consciousness.

As for Victor's Daughters, I would think that the things Victor ends up discussing with Victoria after their argument would be things you have brought up in many of the stories: the cold feeling Victor gets every time a significant life event occurs as he thinks that it would never have existed if he had gone with Emily. The difference in the way he feels for both women and how it never would have been the same had he killed himself. All tied up with a lovely make up ribbon.

Thank you so much for your time on these and I enjoyed reading every single one every single second.
Cris.P.C chapter 1 . 9/12/2012
Oh my God... You can't imagine how happy made me read your final comment in the last chapter of this wonderful story... It made me wanna cry... .) It means a lot to me that you mentioned me in one of your stories... It's like a dream. Really. You are for me like an unknown J. K. Rowling of Fanfiction :) It's better than an authograph. :D I hope you can still write some stories, when you have time, because if you are going to be married... x) Wonderful news, I'm really happy for you. ;D Your future spouse is really lucky ;) I wish you a magical ceremony, a happy marriage that last ever after and a lot of hapiness ) I'm pretty sure you deserve it. ;D
Whiggity chapter 29 . 9/11/2012
Excellent, excellent job on finishing this adorable monster of a story. You've marched through with admirable dedication and enviable regular updates; I wish I shared your commitment. I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said a thousandfold: great characters, great conflict, and great relatability. My only complaint is that it had to end.

Hope to see more from you on the site soon, and thanks for the acknowledgement; I enjoyed talking with you as well. Now good luck with that wedding of your own!
no name please chapter 29 . 9/11/2012
My goodness, I don't know what to say! Thank you for the lovely shout-out! :) This truly has been such a joy to read- I should be thanking you!

This is one of the most satisfying endings to a story I've read in a while. Witty, sweet, a touch of melancholy...a perfect ending in every way. I was so happy to read that Ned was the little village boy at Victoria's wedding. It seems that things have finally come full circle for the Van Dort clan.

And Mary-oh, she's a character! Absolutely brilliant of her to interfere with their grandmother's matchmaking like that. Lydia's reaction to her grandmother's chatter was absolutely hysterical: "It was only with great difficulty that Lydia refrained from turning around and shoving her corsage up Grandmother's nose." That was quite possibly the funniest thing I've read in years. I literally started laughing as I retyped the quote just now.

But on a more serious note, I was so pleased to see that Lydia is making some small progress on her issues with Victor and Emily. They weren't completely resolved, but that's perfectly fine for now-any progress is good progress, and we know that all will turn out for the best in the long run. All the same, it was nice to get some closure on that particular aspect of the story.

The final lines were so wonderfully...Victor. Potential fire hazard trumping symbolism, keeping the convent in the Alps in mind...it was just completely, utterly Victor and reminded me of why I love him so much. The interaction between he and Victoria throughout the ceremony was so sweet. I loved it :)

I can't even begin to tell you how thoroughly I enjoyed reading this. While I'm sad to see it go, I couldn't have wished for a better ending. I loved every sentence of it. If these stories could be published without violating copyright laws, I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

And finally...congratulations on your wedding! I wish you all the luck and happiness in the world! :)
Jony97 chapter 29 . 9/11/2012
Lovely, just lovely. What a wonderful journey from starting, to now. Thank you so much for writing this. And I wish you good luck on your wedding, may you and your spouse live a long and happy life together.
Flaming Trails chapter 29 . 9/11/2012
*attack of shy at the little shout-out* You're making me blush.

But what a nice way to wrap up the story. I love Victor's descriptions of Victoria and Emily and how happy he is to see his daughter as a joyous bride. Outstripping them both indeed. I also like how he finds a wedding without sword(and fork)fights and walking corpses anticlimactic now. XD

And yay, Lydia's got something new to think about! I like to imagine that, by the time of Armchair Reflections, her and Victor's relationship is mended at least a little. (Though I'd love to see his face when she and Van Schelven announced they were getting married!) I also like how Mary put her vocal imitation skills to good use. The girls should use her to run interference from now on.

I kept meaning to ask you if Ned was the solemn little village boy! I thought he was, all the clues seemed to point in that direction, but somehow it kept slipping my mind! I suppose it's nice to see that my guess was right.

And aww, poor Anne - getting to deal with all the "best" parts of corsets. Ah well, it's not a Van Dort wedding without a little chaos. XD

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! May your day be as happy as the one you described here. Without the fainting, of course.
Veryfairygirl14 chapter 29 . 9/11/2012
Congratulations on finishing this story and on your upcoming nuptials! However for your sake I do hope you don't faint at the altar.
no name please chapter 28 . 9/5/2012
Plot and character wise, this was wonderful as always. I don't think I'll ever tire of this story and I'm sad to see that it may soon end :( Victor's words of advice, Victoria's motherly instincts and explanation of her relationship to Emily (oh, I hope Lydia overheard that part! Fingers crossed!)...it was lovely. Anne's father-daughter moment with Victor was especially touching and brought a tear to my eye, though the comment about the shoes made me laugh at the last second. It reminded me of your older story, when Victor asks Victoria if their ink was toxic. Well done as always!

However, I would like to take a moment to address something a little different. As I've said in an earlier review, Anne's situation in the story parallels my own life in a way, and this chapter hit particularly close to home. It was extremely bittersweet for me to read, yet in a strange way it was comforting as well. So, with that said, I truly thank you for writing and sharing this with us. You really have no idea what a source of comfort this story is for me :)
Flaming Trails chapter 28 . 9/5/2012
Oh Anne. . .I just want to give her hugs, just like everybody else in this story. XD That was just so freaking sweet. Anne's quiet conversation with her father, and Victor telling her to be strong, especially in light of the last chapter. . . That hug was honestly probably JUST what he needed, even if Anne didn't know it. And Victoria opening up to her about how she feels about Emily, and both of them giving her the flower pins. . . Two pasts united in one. Emily's joyous wedding, Victor and Victoria's happy marriage. Just like Victor had hoped. :)

And Lydia finally, hopefully overhearing what her Mother thinks on the subject of Emily, and possibly FINALLY getting it. . . Fingers crossed!

Also, that bit about Pastor Galswells? *snrrk* He's probably terrified of conducting another Van Dort wedding and is just trying to hide it under grumpiness. XD
Veryfairygirl14 chapter 28 . 9/4/2012
Oh dear. Now I have to dab at my own eyes.
Whiggity chapter 28 . 9/4/2012
Your characters' emotional reactions are startlingly realistic, particularly at the beginning of the chapter, and as with the last update, your further delving into the story's mythology is done well, with a light touch. I don't know how much longer the story will be going - whether you bring us through just to the end of the wedding, or all the way to Ned's deployment and possible (hopeful!) return, but this is still excellent and a joy to read, and I plan on keeping caught up on it either way.
Whiggity chapter 27 . 8/26/2012
As lovely a chapter as ever, and I am very intrigued by its turn for the dramatic. Not a lot actually happens here, but I do see in this story, as a rule, a lot more acknowledgement of CB's supernatural tones than you usually include, and I think you're handling them quite well. The dream sequence especially was very well executed, and I'm glad to see a little more light shed on what went wrong between Victor and Lydia way back when. For such a long story, you've got a great talent for keeping things perpetually interesting.