Reviews for Wedding Flowers
NeversideFaerie chapter 29 . 10/22/2015
I must have been giggling every five seconds through this chapter! What a fabulous ending to one astonishingly gripping, outstanding fanfiction that I know I will read again in future.
NeversideFaerie chapter 28 . 10/22/2015
It looks as though Pastor Gaswells has never quite forgiven Victor for all those crazy events that surrounded his wedding!
NeversideFaerie chapter 25 . 10/21/2015
I actually went and looked up what a hope chest is on Google. What a lovely idea to have a box filled with items to be used after a young girl's marriage!
NeversideFaerie chapter 24 . 10/21/2015
Good old Victor and Victoria, supporting their daughter!
NeversideFaerie chapter 23 . 10/16/2015
I'm glad Ned is taking this so well, as is Anne. I cannot imagine what either of them are going through.
NeversideFaerie chapter 22 . 10/13/2015
That Sir Ralph reminded me a little of Lord Barkis. Thank goodness Lydia managed to get rid of him!
Also, I was wondering whether this story was set before or after the war, but no - it's set during it, more specifically when the conscription age rose to forty. That explains the aeroplanes in an earlier chapter.
NeversideFaerie chapter 20 . 10/9/2015
I couldn't help but feel for poor Victoria in this chapter - her mother is so rude!
NeversideFaerie chapter 18 . 10/8/2015
The old song I can think of involving oak trees is "Tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree" but I doubt that is the one Victor was talking about as it is much too upbeat for his description and also it did not come out until the 70s!
NeversideFaerie chapter 15 . 10/5/2015
Noooooooooo...Victor! What have you done?!
NeversideFaerie chapter 14 . 10/5/2015
This chapter was as amusingly painful as The Importance Of Being Ernest! How the heck is Victor going to clear up his misconception that it was Lydia that Ned proposed to?
NeversideFaerie chapter 13 . 10/5/2015
Oh no! This story is ending up like a comedy of manners - probably because it IS a comedy of manners!
NeversideFaerie chapter 12 . 10/5/2015
"...if everything went according to plan." Now where have I heard that phrase before? :D
NeversideFaerie chapter 10 . 10/2/2015
I have been looking at images on Bing of Edwardian dresses in order to more vividly picture the gowns described in this story, especially this chapter.
NeversideFaerie chapter 9 . 10/2/2015
I must have laughed out loud half a dozen times reading about the ongoing battle between Victoria and her mother-in-law! As for Victoria's hat loss, I can totally sympathise. I lost one of my hats riding a rollercoaster at Legoland years ago.
NeversideFaerie chapter 8 . 10/2/2015
I can understand what Grandad's trying to do - it really isn't a good idea to send a young girl all around the country to meet up with "strange men". Still, I hope that Lydia finds some way of feeling she's involved in the project.