Reviews for One Missed Strike: The New Jedi Order
Dethryl chapter 1 . 5/27
I enjoyed the first series. Looking forward to this one, since the NJO was a hot mess.
vic.zam9 chapter 42 . 5/15
I write this after my second read through of the Original Trilogy and NJO. Wonderful stories. It would be great to see further continuation of your AU. More on Anakin Skywalker and his family's adventures. I like the gray area you have the AU in, Mr. Sunrider. Especially with the parallel universe examples of Anakin making "lighter" and "darker" choices.

I like the sound of an AU of an AU with Revan and Jenn finding the Vitate Sith Empire. Honestly the Revan book could have been better, it lacked sorely in character for the Exile. I agree with you that TSL is the better game (TSLRCM and M4-78EP make it legendary).

Your works give me inspiration to perhaps one day write my own stories, maybe an AU of my own. I look forward to reading more of your stories. Thank you for your effort and time in writing your fantastic stories.
majored chapter 36 . 3/28
nice farscape reference there.
Leinad312 chapter 4 . 12/7/2014
Revan? That's unexpected to say the least. Yoda would be a baby in comparison to how old Revan would have to be.
Leinad312 chapter 1 . 12/7/2014
Oh goodie, looks like I have plenty of reading ahead of me. Nice that the sequel is already completed XD
Toaofwriting chapter 42 . 11/23/2014
Wonderful job, as always. You did a beautiful job with the writing and characterization, and the plot was excellent.
I also loved the combination of Revan with the New Jedi Order.

One tiny, nagging criticism is that I felt a bit iffy about Jacen bringing Qeris back to life; I feel that that sort of thing is beyond even Jacen's power level, although I've read the Legacy novels and I know how powerful he becomes as Caedus. Maybe he could've cast a Force illusion or something?

Anyway, great job, and may the Force be with you!
darthvaderandlukeskywalkerfan1 chapter 4 . 10/14/2014
Me: *does Indian call sounds* Let's take down some vongs! so they rot in sith hell, like the rest of the sith did! :)
Destrark chapter 4 . 10/2/2014
guh! Wha! Eeh!
darthvaderandlukeskywalkerfan1 chapter 1 . 9/27/2014
Me: WHAT! Vader has returned?!
Rogstar304 chapter 8 . 9/26/2014
I've been reading through the OMS trilogy and now NJO all at once this week, and wow. I have been glued to my mobile whenever I have a spare moment to read a scene or two. I'm really enjoying everything I've read. Well, the padme resurrection was a little weird, especially with the age difference, but I'm willing to buy it for the story for now. Maybe if there is more interaction between family members in the future I may grow to like it.

Funny how my brain can roll with Force supernovas (meh, the Force can do anything the Sun Crusher could do), 4000 year stasis (hey, it was the Rakata so anything is possible!), and possible AU realm jumping, but it draws a line with resurrection. :)

I'm currently on chapter 8. I wanted to pause here an give you all the props for the millennium falcon scene where Jaina takes control over the protestation of Han. For some reason, that just jumped out at me as being so true to the characters.
I don't know if there is any passages like that in any of the profic ( I stopped reading the timeline during the pro NJO after Traitor, so I don't know or remember much other than bullet points) but thank you for writing this. I have a huge smile on my face still.
darthvaderandlukeskywalkerfan1 chapter 2 . 9/4/2014
Me: Wait, what! master... you didn't tell me that you were a grandfather. To Luke's kids and Leia's kids! and one of Leia's kids is named after you. His name is Anakin Solo
iChaos chapter 42 . 8/11/2014
Let me begin this review by stating that this has been one of the most exciting Star Wars fanfics that I have read, and I have read a lot of them. The sheer awesomeness of a tale involving a relatively intact Anakin Skywalker, a resurrected Padme along with the NJO plus Imperial Knights AND Reven & Jenn... Quite frankly, it completely pegs the needle on my personal geek-out-o-meter.

The idea that Leia is a legit Jedi Master, Jaina is unstoppable, Jacen isn't a douche, Anakin & Ben are the golden boys of their generation and Luke & Mara even have a daughter is more than enough to make my day. Still, as much as I enjoy Revan & Jenn, there are some caveats. The whole time-stasis thing was skirting the edge of typical Star Wars plot devices, and the parallel universe angle was straight out of Star Trek. I'm sorry, but I just don't get that part. You could have accomplished the same thing by hiding a Death Star prototype in the maw and have Jacen wind up finding out about it by being captured by Qeris while spying on the Empire or something, only to have them fall in love fighting off Palpatine's evil clone (or something like that) just in time to blast the Star Forge at the end. I also had a difficult time understanding what the Vong were doing with a Star Forge at all and why it seemed like you transitioned so abruptly from that storyline in favor of this "burned cult" instead.

The whole point of why Vader seized power and ultimately spent twenty years with the vanguard fleet was rendered more or less moot once Sekot showed up. If that was going to be the case, then why not end that part of the story there, and make the fire cult a separate story in the same continuity? That's the way it felt, anyway. I am also still very unclear as to whether or not there was any correlation to the relationship between the Vong & the Force and then the fire cult and the Force. It kind of seemed like that was implied, but I might be reading too much into it. Either way, Vader could have been redeemed in the process.

Don't get me wrong though - aside from that, I think that you did a wonderful job with all of the characters, especially Anakin. Your portrayal of that character was quite insightful and I thought that it really tied the whole story together. Great work, thanks for sharing it.
iChaos chapter 5 . 8/6/2014
KOTOR vs. Vong

Get your tickets now...
iChaos chapter 4 . 8/6/2014
Revan!

Kriffing.

Way.

I did not see that coming. The awesomeness of this fic just multiplied by about 10 orders of magnitude.
iChaos chapter 2 . 8/6/2014
Vader alive and well, with intelligence on the Vong? This sounds like it has some awesome potential, I just hope that if a character named Anakin has to die, it isn't Solo.

(I'm a loyal member of the FADA club)