Reviews for One Missed Strike: The New Jedi Order
ManUnited chapter 1 . 8/26
I really hope that you continue the story it is really well written
darklord83 chapter 42 . 8/8
Please continue this. Would love to see more Anakin.
time2read chapter 42 . 7/8
Wow what a masterpiece! I started out reading this fic because of Thrawn but you quickly made me like Jacen, Ami, Revan and other characters. What I am truly amazed at is the parallel dimensions/worlds that you so craftily incorporated into your fic. Honestly it was so well done and seamless that it was cool. Usually parallel world fics can get very messy but you wrapped up the arc's very nicely. A shame that Thrawn did what he did in the end but from his point of view his actions are right. Who knows when the Vong or any other crazy will show up from the uknown regions. Its his people that will take the brunt of it and his people who will suffer. So I understand and the power play between him and leia was interesting because you don't see such character interactions in other fics. Han being a Grand Admiral in the parallel universe was a nice touch I was like wow that makes total sense.
I suppose the redemption of Vadar came off as a bit cheesy but in a good way. After a while I realized you weren't going to kill off any of the main characters and that made me strangely happy I suppose because its good to read fics where people grow etc and the no death leaves much hope and it isn't too cheesy because their was a lot of crazy stuff that had to be overcome for the survival to occur.
The flow of words and dedication to lore and characters was great!
All in all I liked it so Kudos to you and happy writing.
Starwarsfan1 chapter 1 . 5/7
I love this spin off so much. It is exciting and creative.
i am reading this while listening to duel of the fates
EmpireofDarkness chapter 41 . 4/18
You know I never got that. The Rebels were a terrorist organization while the Galactic Empire under Palpatine (in canon) and Vader (here) which would make him the legal governing official. The Rebels aren't a legal government, nor did they try to become a legal independent government, how can you accuse someone of war crimes when technically, under Imperial and Galactic law, it wasn't a crime since he was the LAW. The Rebels may not have done what he did, but they killed a lot of people too and you can call it freedom fighting or rebelling against an oppressive government, but that doesn't excuse your actions in a court of law. The Old Republic legally created the Empire which would mean the Republic killed itself and gave him their power, the New Republic can't go after someone when technically they didn't break any law that is prosecutable under any court of law when they didn't exist at the time the so called law was violated.

Anywho, that is what bothered me throughout forums, discussion boards and other fanfics, I know what the law is in cases like these and he technically never broke any since every order he gave becomes the law.

I liked the story though! I just had to rant about that, it's nothing against you though.
Lynnuss chapter 42 . 2/12
First of all, thank you so much for writing this gem. I loved the journey and evolution Anakin/Vader went through throughout the whole series and I'm glad that it ended well for him, despite everything that has happend. These last few chapters were very inspirational and you portrayed the Skywalker family so amazingly and strong. I've never read any of the expanded universe books or comics, so I didn't know about the Vong, Jaina and Jacen etc.. but you made it very easy to understand in this story. Space battles and action aren't really my favourite subjects (and there was plenty of that in here, but that's just personal preference ofc) , so I have to admit that I skipped a fight scene here and there, but that last showdown was absolutely epic. Also the way you ended this fic with the 'This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker' part really made me feel stuff and it was extremely satisfying. It really showed the contrast between how Vader was like in the first book and how it ended for him now, at last together with his family. I'm very glad that I read this because this whole series was one hell of a ride, and a realistic 'what if', all because of (literally) one missed strike
Chewbrok chapter 42 . 1/16
Well I finally finished it lol, I may have gotten distracted between updates :P. Great story, I loved it and would definitely enjoy more in this universe. Thanks again for the adventure. I look forward to seeing more from you; specifically star wars lol. Later,
Chewbrok
novelreader chapter 9 . 1/15
haha Vader "kidnapping" Danni Quee incident was really funny now that you think about it. Vader can propose an out of wack theory about alternate universes and a mission to go there to retrieve some huge ass weapon fine, but politely asking a scientist for help no. He'll just kidnap them. Hahaha it's funny how out of wack he is about social etiquette. I wonder if after this war his reputation will be redeemed and the New Republic history books will probably call him well-meaning slightly (maybe that's being nice) deranged hero who prevented a far more worse tyrant from ruling, and killed many people, innocents along the way, but saved many people as well. Honestly in real life he'd be an enigma or the closest we could called an Anti-Superhero.
novelreader chapter 8 . 1/15
I'm sorry Vader's interaction with Ben brings in mind another fanfic I read which was humorous called 'The Limpet' which was basically a two-year old Ben being baby-sit by none other then the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Vader. Lol it was so funny! Makes me wish Vader in this universe spent more time with his grandchildren when they were toddlers, his reactions to them would be hilarious treating them like military officers. xD
JediZero chapter 42 . 1/10
Fantastic story. Both of them. You nailed the characters perfectly and did a great job story telling. I hope someday you continue the story in this particular AU. It would be very interesting.
PurportedGrey chapter 4 . 12/31/2015
Ok you have knocked this series out of the park all the way to the sun l, I know I'm not to the conclusion but I hope you make another story for Cade's storyline in the future with this universe just to finish off just like the old EU did.
Mike chapter 30 . 12/19/2015
Love this story. Having said that, Corran Horn has always been a favorite of mine but I have to point out that his Jedi family line is notorious for not having telekinetic powers so no force jumps for him without absorbing energy from something like a blaster shot.
I think you have tremendous talent as a writer. Keep it up and may the force be with you.
ShortySC22 chapter 42 . 10/22/2015
I've just spent the last several days emerged in your world of One Missed Strike and really loved how you fleshed out the characters here and with one little change all the difference it made. I really loved how you skipped ahead to Yuuzhan Vong and added your own villains here. Really enjoyed the story and always would love more of them. I loved the the set up you have with Jacen and Queris, I thought Queris was a really interesting character!
Brievel chapter 42 . 8/28/2015
All in all, this was an amazing story, the like of which I don't often find (the closest I've read was one where Luke's clone created a parallel universe. The situation started out dark and only ever got darker, and ended dreadfully.) I'm unhappy about Thrawn turning into a villain, but I know he is one in Legends, so... *sigh* And I'm not happy with Vader's trial, either, but it was very realistic. (Possibly too much so.) The action was amazing, the characters extremely well written, and the plot was actually rather deeper than the real Star Wars. If you ever do write official SW stories, I want to know so I can find them and read them!