Reviews for Pilikia Me Danny
Lamarquise chapter 1 . 5/19
Yeah... I think that was just plain bad writing and uncharacteristic of Danny. But I think your portrayal of things here was a little hard on him. Frankly, I don't think Danny (as portrayed in that episode, which isn't very consistent with the early episode where he gave Kono a medal of a Catholic saint) would be all that much more respectful of his mother's faith. He just has no frame of reference for understanding or appreciating some of the native Hawaiian religious beliefs. But accusing someone and telling them what they're doing wrong isn't usually a very good way of getting them to open up. Danny had been through a lot in a short time-much of it because Steve insisted on going behind his back and getting himself charged with murder. Part of the reason we have partners is to keep us out of trouble and avoid false accusations. But Steve didn't care; I understand his drive, but he does not know how to let well enough alone. A crusade like that comes at a price and sometimes it isn't the driven person who pays it. Danny got stuck picking up the pieces, both professionally and personally, not Steve. On the one hand, yes, Rachel could have tried harder. If she were more generous, she wouldn't have wanted Danny to do any less for his friends and understood the extreme circumstances. On the other hand, she had a really nasty decision to make. Danny might love his work and be very good at it, but I think she got a dose of reality reminding her that Danny would always be on loan from public service. (It would have been great if she were mature enough, but she's a little needy and it's very hard to be a single parent when you're supposed to be married! Not to mention that no matter how great he was, he's not likely to survive long enough to see Grace to adulthood at the rate he's going.) Frankly, if she and Danny had had any sense, they would have taken time. Time to determine whether she really wanted to divorce Stan. Time to be sure of exactly what ties might bind them. Time for her to decide what she really wanted and if what she wanted was really Danny or just someone to meet her needs or make her feel safe. Otherwise, yes, you get exactly this kind of mess. Maybe Danny could have avoided that by taking things very slow and forcing Rachel to take some time to get on her feet without Stan or him. But people in these situations are often way too impulsive, especially when there's a lot of history. For what it's worth, I don't think Rachel was happy to go back to Stan. I think she was sort of stupid because I don't think she really wanted to stay with him long-term.
wotumba1 chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
glad you picked up that line of thought!

something like that must have taken place if you judge from the change in their relationship within the last 2 eps
jenthetrulysly chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
This is probably one of the most in character stories I have read on this board, truly exceptional and phenomenal. It went beyond beyond the episode and captured the very heart and essence of Steve and Danny's friendship as well as really providing closure to what I think as one of Danny's worst episodes of all time. Very well done.
LadyAilith chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
Thank you so very much for this story! I felt that the way they presented Danny in that episode was so out of character for him. The whole season has been off and that makes me sad. I do hope it gets better...

But back to your story. I really liked it. Steve was able to get Danny to see and understand that what he did was crass and unacceptable. And they talked about what went on when Steve was arrested. I'm glad that they're on their way to fixing things.

Thanks again!
crokettsgirl chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
Wonderful insight on Danny and Steve's friendship. I really enjoyed this so very much. I'm glad Steve approached Danny the way he did and made Danny think. That they got everything out cause the team has been fractured and is slowly getting it back together...great job. Sue
francis2 chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
I really think Danny needs some intervention. He has been off the whole second season. You wrote a great story about it.
sherry57 chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
Well written hon! Danny's attitude bothered me a lot in this episode. I'm sure it was down to anger, disappointment and sadness but the writers on TV didn't explain it...they just throw a Danny at us that wasn't very attractive. I'm glad you wrote this because it explains things better and makes Danny's behaviour forgiveable. Makes me want to give him and hug and tell him not to worry, that with his ohana, he'll be alright. They'll look after him.

I'm glad Steve and Danny are back to hanging out together!