Reviews for Dragon Summoning
a good ruler is not someone who cant reason and refuses to see things from others point of view. Stubborness sure as hell is an utterly destructive prominent trait for a ruler to have, a rulers primary trait should be patience, she is a danger to every subject she rules. She really has no place in her current position. Karin is far closer to evil than good from what ive seen, and i have a tendency to be damn good at evaluating peoples intentions. The Journey is all that matters, the end matters not which is why i would rather consider her evil than good.
Basically Karin protects what she considers hers, whether what she considers hers is sentient or not matters absolutely not to her, it is hers therefor nobody else is to touch it.
Karin makes the fic shit.
Karin isnt much of a leader huh.. she is just a powerhouse with a stupidly big ego.
ughh i hope the slut isnt going to be annoying throughout the entire fic, that last sentence disgusts me.
nice first chapter, got me interested.
Rangle chapter 3 . 6/24
ROFL, I thought he's supposed to be a super experienced war veteran "dragon blooded". It's more like a worm that deserves to be step on. What a weak pathetic "dragon".
Rangle chapter 2 . 6/24
Dragon blooded? More like garden snake blooded... nay! Snail blooded more like it. XD. The guy just marched on like a snail while getting pummeled over and over. A very stupid way to prove his point.
Bree R chapter 9 . 6/21
This was a rather excellently told story. I am disappointed however in how much need you felt to proselytize in the later bits of the piece. I have no problem with such when the message is contained within the piece itself. However, your method was a bit grating as it beat the reader over the head with a message rather then being a natural evolution of your piece. It felt especially discongrous when you discussed in detail someone's skull being bombarded with microwave radiation and blowing up only a few chapters previously. That said I quite enjoyed the story. Thanks for sharing.
cerebralconfinement chapter 9 . 2/7
Hm. This is the second time I've read through this, and I'm only now realizing exactly how much I like this story.

I think I'm going to be buying most, if not all, of your original work pretty much as soon as it's feasible. (Uh. If I can find it; the link on your profile's a bit broken right now.) The thing that really won me over, as best as I can tell right now, is the way your convictions shine through in your writing. A large part of what's kept me away from literature as steeped in faith as this seemed to be is what I see as a focus on Christianity as a religion, but I felt that this story was much more about Christianity as a way of life - or, to put it another way, it's more about demonstrating Christ's teachings than teaching Christ himself. And honestly, that's a view that I'd love to see more of, not because I don't like Christianity, but because I feel it's a more accurate representation.

I also enjoyed what I saw of your original setting, but really, I don't have much to say on that front other than "hey this stuff's cool I want to find out more."

All in all, this story is maybe too flawed for its own good, certainly overly idealistic, and perhaps a bit preachy near the end, but nonetheless, it's a damn good read. As another reviewer has noted before me, albeit not in as many words, everything just sort of seems to work out for your favored ideology. Despite that, this story does an admirable job at not only saying what it wants to say, but being convincing about it, without really sacrificing anything to do it.
KhazintheDark chapter 5 . 1/30
You are doing a marvelous job of portraying Karin's character, I haven't sworn at someone for stupidity this much in almost a year. Yes that's probably bad but its more of a 'how are you so ****ing obstinate that you can't even ****ing try to understand people's opinions' than 'you're a ****ing retard'
floatingmangocake chapter 4 . 1/30
Is it wrong for me to hope Karin dies a slow and painful death?
Spica75 chapter 9 . 1/20
5 year prison sentence for responding to a blatant threat?

Thats a travesty on justice. Karin attacked Joshua about as much as he attacked her, blaming only one of them for their first fight is just epic fail. HIS reasons for being edgy and defensive are taken as natural and worthy, while hers are dismissed as void and nonexistant, when both their reasons are in fact effectively the same.

And for all the talk towards the contrary, Joshua in particular and his people in general are pretty damn arrogant.

Giving off a heavy scent of Mary-Sue and colonialism. Theyre playing just as much "nobles and commoners", just not doing it openly. Yet put themselves on a pedestal of claimed virtue for being better because theyre supposedly not doing it...

The story is in essence quite good, but most of all i end up getting annoyed with it. Youve let your own prejudices/opinions rule, even doing some preaching, something that you should really be extremely careful about in any kind of fiction that isnt outspokenly intended to be a political or religious piece.

And anyone who NEEDS religion to be a good person has already failed.
SneakyDevil chapter 1 . 1/6
...dragon commander?
Brenden chapter 9 . 1/3
goodwork
Indecisive Bob chapter 9 . 10/30/2015
This is an excellent story! I started reading it and literally couldn't put it down till I finished it. Only the fact that today is Friday (and thus the last day of classes before the weekend) keeps me from feeling even the slightest bits of guilt for forgoing sleep to read this. I loved your original universe and all that came with it; I loved how Joshua wasn't perfect, far from it, but was the type of character that just wasn't capable of falling into the same situations as Saito; I loved how your portrayal of Karin made me genuinely upset and impatient with her stubbornness, but kept me from hating her; I loved how Henrietta was portrayed and how she's not relatively helpless to provide the change she wants; I loved how Siesta wasn't just a pair of walking boobs that had an infatuation with the main character; and I loved your brief inclusions of Christinity (hardly anyone ever writes about religion in fanfic, and when it is written about, it's usually ridiculed in some manner; so it's nice to see a brief exposition of the core value of what Christians ought to be).

All in all, though it was relatively short and had a sort of rushed ending, I thoroughly enjoyed this story. It's really got to be my favorite story now. Thank you for writing and sharing your works!