Reviews for Dragon Summoning
DracoArtemisLeopin chapter 9 . 8/28
This was a very good story, and although I hold very similar views to yours religiously, I am glad that the story did not seem to center on forcing someone else to adopt your views. Not many people could or would even attempt to show their own beliefs in such a setting without trying to "convert" the readers with the subtlety of an anvil to the face. This was quite well done. Thank you for writing it.
You made Karin about a thousand times to strong and joshua about a thousand times to weak in his dragon form which completely ruins what was an amazing story so far
ghost of future pain chapter 9 . 4/8
I really love this story. Your characterization is fresh and well thought out and the action is compelling and exciting. I hope you do decide to write a sequel, if only to find out how the world of Halkegenia changes. As it stands, you are one of my favourite writers. Speaking as someone who isn't religious, I believe you've been very respectful of the settings you have written about, and I'm actually happy about the fact that you allow your faith to be expressed in your work. It's refreshing to read something with such strong values in it, and has definitely made me more open and appreciative of religion. I'm glad i managed to find your works again, and I hope you don't let any negative comments drive you away from fanfiction. I apologize for being so wordy, and only leaving a single review at the last chapter, but I would prefer to write a single review which honestly conveys all that I have to say, rather than multiple comments saying the same thing over and over again. I believe there is only so many times you can say "I like your story" before it stops meaning anything. Sorry for rambling.
Winter's Folly chapter 8 . 2/5
Fantastic. Love it everytime.
Arngeirr chapter 9 . 12/31/2014
Overall, this was well written and enjoyable. While I feel that more time could have been spent on dealing with the emotional repercussions - as well as the pseudo political repercussions - of Louise's transformation, that is my only complaint. Although, said complaint is only born out of a personal interest in the subject matter at hand. It was a quick, fun ride. Thank you very much for sharing this.
Zentari2238 chapter 5 . 12/21/2014
Shitty fic is shitty.
JessesanMan chapter 9 . 11/5/2014
Despite my being an Atheist, I much prefer your non-invasive sort of beliefs. While my world view may be more aggressive, I could see myself getting along with someone like you.

As for the story, love it. The dragons, the nomadic flotilla were all cool ideas and I liked the fact that this story went in a totally different direction than the simple 'instead of Saito' stories. Though, I always had a hard time imagining a dragon covered in fur.
tH1s chapter 3 . 10/10/2014
Original, compelling and interesting...

It is refreshing to read a fanfiction not full of unintelligent ramblings of mediocre protagonist. It is a shame that I do not agree on you on principle but never the less it is worth a read.
scorpioneldar chapter 3 . 8/16/2014
very intersting i like how you do karin she is
one.who.reads chapter 9 . 8/16/2014
You write an excellent tarnished hero. I've now read this and brutal Harry, but I wasn't able to really get into brutal Harry 2, electric boogaloo. Both the main characters do the right thing for all the right reasons, but still have problems with how people see them.

I'd like to hear what your reaction to reading the sword of truth series was. That has a lot of sociopolitical and religious undertones, and I feel that it is an excellent commentary on capitalism versus communism.
one.who.reads chapter 5 . 8/14/2014
I was reading your authors note and felt compelled to respond.

I want to start out by saying that I agree with all the observations and assertions you made. However, I don't feel that Christianity has a monopoly on compassion, and in fact, almost all religions have their dark sides. The persecution of Jesus of Nazareth and Christianity in it's infancy by Judaism and dodekatheists (the greko-Roman religion), the Christian crusades, the persecution of Protestants by Roman-Catholicism, radical Muslims attacking just about anyone, even Scientology's tenet to shun and discredit anyone who disparages Scientology (a large part of the reason I feel Scientology is a cult).
I consider myself a deist because while I feel that there is a higher power out there, most religions have tarnished themselves enough to where I don't feel comfortable with their dogma. I personally feel that it means more to be a good person because it's the right thing to do, than because of some promised postmortem reward.
Winter's Folly chapter 9 . 8/3/2014
I may follow a different religion but I agree with your ideals.
Winter's Folly chapter 8 . 8/2/2014