Reviews for Dragon Summoning
skywiseskychan chapter 9 . 4/3/2014
I want to say that I very much enjoyed this story. I only have a few comments.

1. I really liked your handling of Karin with one exception. Having her actually beating Joshua was good, her characterization was good, but frankly having her daughter cut him up was just plain excess. Her character had already been well established, her flaws obvious, and her disregard for his rights plain. All carving on Joshua did was help explain your dragons (which wasn't necessary to the story), and show how "evil/mislead" she was. I think your story would be stronger without it.
2. I really like your handling of the subcast of FnZ. Giving Tabitha, Henrietta, Colbert, etc more developed characterization.
3. Barring you actually writing a sequel I think though tragic it might have been better to outright kill Siesta. Her sacrifice and nobility were both plainly shown, and while sad it would have been a fitting end.
4. Second summoning. I dislike how in 3 months the second summoning was also entirely ignored. All involved now should KNOW the significance of the portal and situation, and yet it is completely avoided and ignored. Again if you write a sequel it can be fixed, but without such its a glarring deficiency in the end of the plot.

All of the above said however I did really enjoy your story and will now look forward to reading the others. If you like and have the time please let me know what you think of mine. I always appreciate comments from writers I respect, and though you admittedly rushed the end your story was very good, and able to draw me in.
skywiseskychan chapter 3 . 4/2/2014
hilarious end of the fight I have to say. Yikes mom! Yikes!
FranticHamster chapter 9 . 3/24/2014
Great story very unique I like it quite a bit well done and thank you for all the effort that has obviously gone in to this story.
FranticHamster chapter 2 . 3/24/2014
Being told you are in danger of exploding is not something I would want hanging over my head ouch.
Guest chapter 5 . 3/4/2014
I like your AN but Karin is still a huge cunt.
Kirara-Elfkin chapter 4 . 2/28/2014
Vivisection?! That is just wrong, Joshua should be more than in his right to some destruction after he wakes up. :( I do not have the words for what I think of 'Karin Valliere' right now. At least not words for polite society.
tarrangar chapter 5 . 2/28/2014
im an atteist but i still agree that love is one of the most important things in the world i however despise many parts of religion espesially the part about an eternal hell because if god exist and is just then how can there be an eternal punishment afterall if humans arent capable of commiting eternal crimes if the soul exist we cant destroy it utterly and any damage done in this life would be healable with enough time and the right treatment thats why i refuse to believe in hell because while men like hitler deserve a million years in hell they still dont deserve an eternity in hell noone does the punishment should alway fit the crime and no crime is infinite therefore there shouldnt be any infinite punishment
Ravus chapter 5 . 2/16/2014
nothing happened. You write well, characterizations are well done and setting imaginative. Yet pacing is suddenly none existent. Once the fluff, description, and forced exposition is stripped away from this chapter you are left with nothing happening. Its just painful as it keeps not going anywhere, especially when the story veers into telling the backstory of both the protagonists. It just makes everything feel slower and breaks from the "show don't tell" method that seemed to be employed for the first few chapters.
The-ever-chosen chapter 9 . 1/23/2014
I just want to say that this was the best FoZ fabric I have read. I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish.

Stay sane and have a good life
Arafell chapter 9 . 1/20/2014
Imprisonment? Bah. I would have probably tried to seal her ability to use magic, or something likely to teach a lesson. Prison might work for some people, but from what I've read, she's a bit too hardheaded for that. Put some sort of magical restraint on her, then make her do something where she has to resolve conflict in a non-murderous way. Like working on an assembly line.

Though, I suppose all of that could still be done in prison.

Good story. I normally don't like such strong characters taking the lead, but I have to say, Joshua's a very interesting protagonist. I sort of wonder how they'd handle the black dragon that crops up later in the show.

Then again, laser cannons.

Definitely one for my favorites list.
FinalGuardian chapter 9 . 1/10/2014
Great story. Excellent use of a unique crossover.
FinalGuardian chapter 1 . 1/9/2014
Excellent original crossover for the series.
pirate34 chapter 8 . 12/17/2013
I don't always agree with your beliefs but I'm thankful that they're well written in and explained rather than just being shoehorned on childish soapboxing.

It's a credit to you as a writer that while the STRONG CHRISTIAN MORALS sections are usually unneccessary they don't detract from the narrative or characters.
xbox432 chapter 9 . 12/1/2013
I am deeply impressed with the story I just read, in terms of scope and world building I can only name maybe a dozen other stories to compare it to. And your underlying tone of moral justice is VERY well appreciated. Not many can so adequately showcase morals in their stories to such an extent.

... On a personal note; while I'm immensely satisfied with Karin's punishment, I must confess that I jumped out of my chair a literally RAGED when she first put Joshua down. That should tell you how deep I was immersed into your story. :D
Guest chapter 6 . 11/20/2013
You are pretty cruel, actually.
297 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »