Reviews for Dragon Summoning
Guest chapter 6 . 11/20/2013
You are pretty cruel, actually.
darkerdeepdown chapter 2 . 11/7/2013
... I don't know who this guy is or where he came from, but on behalf of all that is Bro and the code thereof, he is granted the access of Higher Bro and the prestige with it.
KleverKilva chapter 6 . 11/4/2013
Just so you know, totally hating you currently, you did a quite good siesta character, then mutilated her, very close to just saying fuckit and stopping.
irnzenmonk chapter 9 . 10/26/2013
i enjoyed this story a lot ne
Alex chapter 9 . 10/1/2013
I suppose the whole end message wasn't too annoying, despite the preachiness. It reminded me far too much of a former friend of mine who had a tendency to say things like that and then conveniently think anything he said was part of the whole "love and compassion" thing though.

But, yeah. Good story, the end kind of made me nauseous but to each their own.
Illuviar chapter 9 . 8/23/2013
Very good story!
Datu824 chapter 9 . 8/21/2013
Great story, you spin a great tale and I was glad I picked this one to read. Well done.
Sillent chapter 2 . 6/17/2013

Truly there are no words for this. Like a hero straight out of an old book. It could be a movie! Hell, maybe it is. I haven't googled it or read reviews yet to figure out where it came from.
SalemTheSpeakerOfTruth chapter 2 . 6/16/2013
""They were forced to leave the academy though, as they became pregnant."

Aaand, the problem is? They were violated, but their children will have the gift of magic (probably). That's more than if they had sired a child by any other man available to them.
GreyG884 chapter 9 . 6/7/2013
Great story, I'd love to see some small snippets of what happens in the future during and after the uplifting. I really enjoyed your portrayal of Henrietta having steal and ambition, a leader worthy of being followed.
McPoopin chapter 9 . 6/5/2013
This story was excellent.
aznxa21 chapter 9 . 6/2/2013
Awesome story.
timunderwood9 chapter 7 . 6/2/2013
Its really odd the when I find I just read a story by an author who I already like from something else I read, and didn't realize it was that author until that point.

Love Brutal Harry and have read it twice, and definitely liked this.
timunderwood9 chapter 5 . 6/2/2013
I like your story. Its reasonably good entertainment for several hours, and your characters and situations are more inventive and interesting than most. The use of Karin as an implicit villain is clever as is really the whole situation. Its a fun story.

"Louise's dreams finished their sojourn through Joshua's education in the history of his world. The teacher spent the rest of the passage through the more recent points of history giving example after example of how various nations had fallen due to moral collapse, and how to recognize the warning signs. Nations where people cared more for how much they were paid, than whether they found satisfaction in their work. Nations where the glorification of the individual became so over-wrought that few cared for any beyond themselves. Nations where people attempted to legislate morality via the government, rather than behave morally themselves. Nations where people simply became so wrapped up in their day-to-day pleasures, that they did not notice tyranny rising over them until it was too late."

As someone who actually studies history, this is really annoying.

Individuals exhibit these behaviors, nations do not. Its cute that people want to take the lessons of morality and causation in every day life and apply them on a macro scale- but giant agglomerations of people do not function the same way individual lives do. History is not a morality tale. Moral failure has never been the cause for a country's collapse.

This is a serious issue- part of the reason governments in the US and Europe are trying to cut government spending right now is because people see 'debt immoral' and read economic policy as a matter of morality instead of manipulating a complicated machine. And as a result 10 to 20 million people who should have jobs right now don't.

So yes, I like your story, but your theory of history makes the world a worse place and should be discouraged.
timunderwood9 chapter 4 . 6/2/2013
""That's the core of it," The teacher said, nodding and smiling again, "Every great nation that has failed, has always failed not because of enemies out, but because of decay within. A society with a strong warrior tradition can be powerful locally, but will lack the ability to project, or survive a protracted war. A society with a strong merchant tradition can be wealthy, and field an army with quality equipment and training, but will rarely do so in time to effectively protect themselves, because their greed will keep them from having such an army always at the ready."

She paused, and carefully met the eyes of all six members of her class before continuing.

"No matter what other strengths or weaknesses a nation has," She said seriously, "If it has no unifying moral ethos, it will fail. If there is no demand for honesty, the leaders will become deceitful and corrupt. If there is no fidelity, marriages will crumble, and children will grow up emotionally scarred and belligerent. If there is no humility, petty men will destroy the nation from within, and its reputation without. If there is abrogation of responsibility, its institutions of law will crumble. If greed runs rampant, the economy will fail. This is why every nation has eventually fallen, and the only people groups that endure for truly long periods are nomads, and even amongst nomads such as ourselves, individual groups will fail. Any people that allows too much moral decay for too long, will reap the consequences.""

Just as an FYI, this has no relationship to actual history.
298 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »