Reviews for Quest related fic
storyfan101 chapter 14 . 3/22/2012
How I missed this chapter being posted is beyond me! I'm just glad that it was pointed out to me and I am able to continue with this bit of pure pleasure.

This whole chapter is one big sigh of relief. One of my favorite aspects is knowing that the grappling hook and the King of thieves will be reunited. I can't explain why, but this really matters to me. Must have something to do with believing that there will be a full return of the King. The world is in desperate need of this kind of royalty.

As always, I look forward to your next posting.
Stardawn19 chapter 14 . 3/16/2012
Both chapter 13 and 14 progress this story nicely. I'm glad that Auto is getting better, even if it's from a little godly-assistance.

One thing, which might be small, but it just hit me as wonderfully crafted is this line:

"He was only too happy to allow, and found that her great age and the thinness of her hands in no way prepared him for how strong she was."

It's a subtle way of giving a great characteristic to the older lady, and I just really liked the way it sounded. Makes me wonder too.. if she hasn't been sipping that broth herself.
storyfan101 chapter 13 . 3/10/2012
Love that you posted again! I really like how sneaky Demophile is when she tells Haemerasia she may be enlightened by Autolycus' answer to why he delayed Valeska. She'll get to learn about non-Amazons and friendship AND the tricky ways Autolycus protecs himself. I can't help but think that Demophile is a tricky old girl herself, and I really quite like her.
Stardawn19 chapter 12 . 2/26/2012
Yeah! Another chapter. I'm so glad that Auto was found, and still alive. His future still looks grim, but at least now he's getting treatment. Of course I know a little about what is going to happen next ;)... but still it's nice to see what you've done with it, and how it's unfolding. Thanks for sharing another piece of this tale.
HarlesAugust chapter 12 . 2/26/2012
:D Yay! Cool! Awesome! I love the dialogue!
storyfan101 chapter 12 . 2/26/2012
Yay, You posted!

I love the way you write. You reveal just little bits that say so much. I've learned so much about one of my favorite characters because of you. Thank you.
HarlesAugust chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
YOU MUST FINISH THIS! I LOVE THIS! You have the man pegged. :)
Stardawn19 chapter 11 . 2/12/2012
The first thing I noticed was this line.. "By the time the black began to turn to gray" - wonderful image, and a great way to explain waking up from the pain and suffering that poor Auto had gone through.

Another line.. "Velaska had gotten from him again and that she had found so very useful. It was covered in his own blood." Referring to the dagger. Wow, what a powerful way of showing what Auto went through, without actually having to show the details. Nice!.

The rest of the chapter, well it doesn't' look good for Auto, but I have hope he'll pull through. I love that his 'last thoughts' were of his brother. Nice little insight to who Auto really holds dear.
storyfan101 chapter 11 . 2/3/2012
It doesn't matter how many times I read this, I can't bear the thought of Autolycus coming so close to death and then to have hope returned - he wants to live! But a whole two seconds later, he's lost everything. If he can't remember his brother, he is less than nothing. Not even his title, 'the King of Thieves', can save him.

Autolycus is the true riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.
AngelGirl206 chapter 10 . 1/30/2012
Well written. Please keep going.
Stardawn19 chapter 10 . 1/28/2012
Nice way to get into the head space of Auto. I think you did a great job with explaining how much pain he is actually in. It's like a downward spiral, ending with the wish of death, rather realistic, I think. Nice job :D
storyfan101 chapter 10 . 1/28/2012
I am so glad to see this posted!

I love the way Autolycus worries about his friends even though his pain is so intense as to scatter his thoughts. Even though I know he survives, future Xena/Herules episodes tell me so, my heart aches to hear Autolycus wish for death. It says a lot about his condition, that he forgets his otherwise considerable desire to live/laugh/love another day.
storyfan101 chapter 9 . 12/23/2011
I'm so glad I checked out your stories. I love Autolycus and you've done him justice with this story. I eagerly await your next chapter.
the mighty lu bu chapter 4 . 12/6/2011
Autolycus certainly doesn't like people knowing he might be a good guy afterall, and you can understand that.

He's a Thief. He's known for stealing and enjoying it while he does it. He's not a robin hood type, he just steals. People thought he was this awesome good guy, not only would have have to deal with favors, but even more so with problems such as finding work if you will.

Not the kind of work you might think, but often good thieves in history got contracted to steal things, and they wouldn't trust someone who's really just a nice guy.

same goes for fences (merchants who deal in stolen goods) they wouldn't buy from a theif that is such a good guy, cause a good guy might turn them in to the authorities.

You explain his motivations well here.

Going after more Ambrosia is good, perhaps. It's a dangerous thing to have lying around for any reason. If the amazons have some where it's easy to reach, they become a target, like seen in fist full of Dinars. This could really backfire on them.

For the record, I'm glad to see more easier to follow organized bits to this story. You and your are both improving.

Great Chapter.
the mighty lu bu chapter 3 . 12/5/2011
This is an excellent story form of a character analysis.

A close look at the heart of Auto reveals that he is much more human that he lets on, that deep down he is more than just a swaggering thief. Xena sees this, and that makes him feel vulnerable, he hasn't felt vulnerable since his brother died at the hands of one of his great enemies.

What I do like is that you take this character and peel him away like an onion and you show his layers.

But what I'd like to see is more traditional story and less essay like.

It's great, but it's telling at times instead of showing.

You have wonderful potential as a writer and seeing a full blown auto fic would be wonderful, this is great for your first major effort in the Xena fanficition world, but I'm hoping for a more traditional story in your future.

Great chapter.