Reviews for When a Veela Cries
hpfan111 chapter 1 . 7h
thanks for the heads-up about the dark nature of the story. the warning combined with this chapter assured me that this story is not for me.
Stromsten chapter 28 . 7/11
Thank you for updating - I have a fic of my own from long ago that I simply cannot finish. Your own faithfulness is inspiring.
IncandescentOne chapter 13 . 7/11
'Yet, it was that same beauty, both inside and out (despite the last month he stayed in France), that drove him away from her,'

I thought that him thinking she rejected him drove him away from her? I don't think this was mentioned in that entire chapter, it's possible but I re-read it...
IncandescentOne chapter 11 . 7/11
On the whole this is an excellently written work so far, I just wanted to bring one thing to your attention. It's something which bugs me but which perhaps is fine for most people.

I actually went back over this chapter looking for the point where their relationship fell apart and it was right at the beginning, it was subtle and powerful and well written, but it was wholly unrealistic outside of writing which is why I missed it. You essentially skipped the hard part and went from 'is she rejecting me' to 'he's holding his broken heart in his chest'.

Essentially this whole chapter is built on a misunderstanding that wouldn't likely happen. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but in real life people ask why and this doesn't stand up to that scrutiny.

Again I want to say it's very well written and I didn't notice the first time around and only found it because I was uncertain where the relationship fell apart, perhaps it was too subtle for me in that case :P
Deus Vult Lumine chapter 28 . 7/10
This was a very enjoyable read. you do a marvelous job of keeping your side characters interesting and I appreciate the realism you bring to your writing. just because someone's cause is "just" and they try with all their might, doesn't mean they can overcome someone who's more powerful.

thank you for sharing and I look forward to future updates!
Woohoo! An update!
Oserix chapter 28 . 7/9
YES ITS BACK
Venirian-Wisp chapter 28 . 7/8
So i finally caught up. I'm bone weary and my heart feels like a chunck of lead. It is currently 5am and i have been awake since 8am yesterday yet i refused to sleep until i read the latest chapter. As i reread the darker chapters i couldn't help but link the feelings and general mood i got from said chapters to another fanfic. Overall this has been a good read. Well except the parts where my mind is hammered with the details you include that for the most part showcase a characters feelings. Also i forgot to mention this previoulsy, but in my opinion you are by far one of the best writers i have so far seen on this site.
AiyaKnight chapter 1 . 7/7
heard good things on reddit. looks like its gonna be a fun read. hope you keep motivated to write more
Bill4728 chapter 28 . 7/6
WOW It's great to have you back and writing this story again.

I started from the beginning since it has been so long. I still think this story is great.

Thanks and I can't wait for more.
Araytigre chapter 28 . 7/6
We know that at least one Flock will go, along with a few others from other Flocks. Not surprised that Gabby and Neville got together. Naturally Harry and Neville make a good team, individually they are extremely powerful, but together they are pretty much unstoppable. Sadly Harry still thinks that he is too far steeped in the Dark Arts and that Fleur will reject him. Next, Battle at Hogwarts. Thank You. TTFN
Clavyus chapter 28 . 7/6
Wonderful story. Thanks for the update
Venirian-Wisp chapter 19 . 7/6
E.C Scrubb I want to say that I both hate you and adore you. After getting the notification of an update i decided to reread this story since it has been too long since i last looked at it. As I'm finishing part 2 for probably the 4th time now i would like to mention how well written this story is and how heart wrenching it can be. Details of the upcoming chapters are starting to reappear in my memory and i dread continuing to read as I'm pretty sure that my tears will appear at some point or another as they have done before. Even now my heart feels constricted. I have connected with the characters more than i have with any other person and their pain is my pain, their joy is my joy. For that i wish to thank you and also send you into a really dark pit for making me invest so much into this.
For-England-James chapter 1 . 7/5
Forgot about this one till I see an update can’t wait for more
V-rcingetorix chapter 28 . 7/5
As always, a thorough entry to the work. It kind of reminds me of the Roman Senate ... if the RS were all female. And required magic for their major decisions. Or maybe I've been reading too much Cato the Censor and Cicero ...

One minor quibble here, Neville threw a *giant* into a burning building? If Harry's fire spell can't do much due to magical resistance, how can a lifting/hurling bit of magic do something to the same object? Would it not be easier to hurl the burning house onto the giant (comparative mass aside)?

My congratulations on the dissertation! Lots of study for that degree! Definitely understand why 2.5 years break might be necessary.
1,211 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »