Reviews for When a Veela Cries
Drago chapter 9 . 3/15
STUPID STUBBORN FUUUCCCKKKKKK I THOUGHT THEY WERE FINALLY GETTING TOGETHER! STUPID ASS DEATH SHITTERS! hmph
Makimass chapter 3 . 2/14
Sorry what? How the hell is Molly so energetic when all of her family died? And sirius teasing harry after everything happened? Wutt?..
Premedicated chapter 28 . 12/31/2021
I hope you will continue this - it seems you're nearing the end, and all I ask is we finally get them to reunite. Whether or not Harry dies or whatever, I can't be satisfied with this fic until I see an ending. I have followed this for years and I rarely get so invested into a story. But this is one of the rare exceptions.
Himeragiyukina12 chapter 4 . 11/27/2021
God damn this sucks. You're characters and the way they are acting after literally massacring an entire generation of children is insane. They carry on like nothing. Didn't molly's boggart of her children dying rend her catatonic? Now she's just carrying on. Sirius and Remus teasing Harry about a girl when he's the only one whose believably shell shocked? Fuck right off.
james.mattson.7 chapter 28 . 10/23/2021
A truly exceptional story so far, I hope to see the conclusion soon enough.
kblankenship1025 chapter 28 . 10/12/2021
I stand corrected I thought I was filtering for completed. Well then let more magic commence. I foresee 2 Chapters at minimum. Great Siri so far. One of the few i can’t wait for an ending of.
kblankenship1025 chapter 28 . 10/12/2021
Before I start the last chapter I’ll say this. I don’t think I’m gonna like the end. There’s too many loose ends. You’ve got Neville, Fleur and Harry, the Chicks from Durmstag, and the rest of the Delacour family. I simply don’t think it’s enough chapters and may need one more for the ending it deserves after all your hard work.
kblankenship1025 chapter 6 . 10/11/2021
This seems like a strange pace. After all they’ve barely talked.
Brownbear66 chapter 28 . 10/6/2021
Great story hope you get back to it
Arkanes Shippou chapter 28 . 9/19/2021
just finished rereading this for probably the 3rd time. still one of the best fictions on this site, and im still hoping you return to finish this story.
CrazySasori chapter 28 . 8/24/2021
I just marathoned this whole story and it was excellent, hands down one of the best Harry Potter stories I've read yet. It saddens me that it feels so close to complete. I know it's been 3 years since you touched this but I hope one day you come back and finish this masterpiece
archangel7431 chapter 28 . 6/14/2021
Good story
Simianpower chapter 17 . 5/21/2021
"But I can't avoid the prophecy."

Uhh... why the fuck not? You had an absolutely shitty divination teacher for two years, and thus know literally nothing about the subject, and yet have spent exactly zero time researching whether or not the prophecy holds any truth whatsoever. Dipshittery like this is how prophecies become self-fulfilling in the first place!

"Sirius told me that the Order destroyed all the Horcruxes."

Well, that's just so convenient! Without Dumbledore's research into Riddle's past, how the hell did they even know what to look for? I mean, I approve of NOT having the rest of the story become a McGuffin hunt like books 5-7, but this just seems so... handwavy? Trite?

Still bored.
Simianpower chapter 16 . 5/21/2021
The apologism for all of Dumbledore's many failings falls pretty flat. Especially so since the justification for it all comes from THIS story, not from canon. Dumbledore was a monster. The worst of it is that he was a monster with intent to be an angel and never even realized it until his death in this story, or ever in canon. There's no way to justify the things he KNOWINGLY did to a child under his care as Headmaster, let alone the things he only MIGHT have known about but definitely had the power and responsibility to prevent. And having Sirius Black, of all people, defending Dumbledore also just falls flat. If anyone was treated worse by Dumbledore than Harry, it's Sirius. So much UGH.

Also, in terms of pacing, that second date would've been a great opportunity for a Death Eater attack or something. Instead this entire chapter was mostly skippable fluff. It's nice that Fleur's gotten her head mostly out of her ass, but the story's pace has slowed to a crawl and I'm barely even skimming any more. I'm starting to wonder if angst and fluff are all that are left for this story. It started out brilliant, but it's become boring. I gave it a second chance, and it improved after chapter 12. So I'll give it a third. The writing, the OCs, the technical quality, the Durmstrang and Veela details are all very good. So the fundamentals are sound. But the plot progression stalled around chapter 5, and that does matter. All that's left is worldbuilding, fluff, and angst, and I want more.
Simianpower chapter 12 . 5/21/2021
"So the right thing, then, is to fight our own wars and make the future as safe as we can for the next generation."

Or... just don't have kids.

"We're Veela. We sense and see things..." And that's exactly why Fleur's actions in the prior 2-3 chapters make no sense.

And he did NOT "push Ron away". Ron ran away as fast as he could, and was as nasty about it as possible.

"... how much she had given him and how he'd slammed the door in her face..." Ahh, so it's going to be pussy-whipped Harry, then. No matter what the girl does, she's right, and no matter what Harry does, he's wrong. The story is remarkably better WITHOUT Fleur in it. At least the Fleur of chapters 10-11, "Beauxbatons Fleur". Every reference to her in this chapter brought the story down. Even Fleur's own sister doesn't see her as the good guy in this situation. She's older, she has knowledge that he lacks, she even realized how arrogant and full of herself she'd been... and then she still acts like a bratty 12-year-old and we're all supposed to think, "Yes, she's just so awesome that it's OK that she treated Harry like shit, and he'd better bend over backward for her Veela Highness."

Huh. I'm remembering why I hate stories about Veela. The Veela-bond ones are awful, but this kinda Veela-do-no-wrong crap isn't much better.
1,313 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »