Reviews for When a Veela Cries
stacygrrl2002 chapter 16 . 2h
I am really liking this one. It has some differences to other Veela fics I have read, but there are similarities in the Veela stuff and differences, so it is new. This is very well scripted. I wonder if some of the Veelas contacts will be able to help get the horcrux out of Harry, and he can then get on with killing the rest of them, so he can face Moldyshorts. Harry also needs to get a new broom before he goes back so he can play again.
stacygrrl2002 chapter 1 . 5/5
He played for the Bulgarian Team but was he Bulgarian, or just on the team. He had a heavy accent, yes, but he could have been from any of those smaller countries over there, or even Germany.
G Fawkes chapter 25 . 5/1
I don't know when this fic 'returned' or was resuscitated, or whatever. I know I stopped waiting around after ch 22 and only just checked in on it again yesterday. Had to read 22 over to kind of 'get back in the swing', but then, wow, the next three chapters were really good.
More soon, please!
N7sdr93 chapter 1 . 5/1
Just re read this fic. Loved it even more the second time around. If you don't mind, I would like to make a request. Can you please make this Harry/Fleur/Azzura? I think it would be really an awesome trio. I'm not so sure Fleur will be enough to keep Harry from going full dark. I think it would take the love of both girls who are important to him to keep him dark-but-light Harry. Just a thought. Amazing story either way, and I can't wait for the next chapter!
Enjoying the story so far, can't wait for more! Thanks for sticking with it.
G Fawkes chapter 23 . 5/1
(just for kidding's sake)

Where in the (heck) did a wizarding structure (Ollivander's) in a hidden wizarding section of London, unchanged in HUNDREDS of years, dating back to - when, even (?) - get a CONCRETE floor?!
Sand, cement, and gravel - water added, obviously not machine stirred, so- hand mixed with a hoe? Poured and levelled, 'floated' smooth by trained craftsmen. All in a wizard shop? Bah! I don't believe it for a second.
Stone. Granite, or slate, or sandstone... even marble, cut by goblins or dwarves, or lowly 'blue collar' wizards, and levitated into place, still, hundreds of years ago, I'll give you. Wood floors, no problem. Hard packed dirt floors... probably not in a commercial area, but possible in cheaper dwellings.
But concrete? No! Seriously? Where would they even go to ORDER it. How would any non-muggle raised,, self respecting, pureblood, property owning, magical even KNOW - that concrete existed.
Better pick your (fictional) building materials more accurately to the culture, time period, and 'residents'.

(the lesson here being - Watch what you hastily put down on the page. Some smart ass like me will jump all over it, even if only for humor's sake. )(grinning)
24thfox24 chapter 25 . 4/21
Wow, i just wanted you to know that i consider this to be one of the best H/F fanfics out there, with interesting (and sometimes even surprisingly so) plot and absolutly amazing character development.
This fic is one of my favorite ones and I am looking forward for the next chapters.
ThePolyglot chapter 25 . 4/13
Glad to see this isn't dead, but hiatus was pretty long, I probably forgot more stuff than I am comfortable with.
area808code chapter 25 . 4/8
Growing up, in my younger days, in the Philippines, we use to hear tales about the Tik-tik. Use to have nightmares about them. Lots of things going in this chapter. Excellent.
Salunatic chapter 25 . 4/8
I know you have a million things to do, but hell, I have to take a minute of your time to tell you, you're good. Darn good. Makes me wish I could write as well as you.

Emotions are really everywhere, and focused on where I can see you want them. Especially about how Gabby felt after killing someone. I can't possibly imagine what she is going through, and hopefully never. It does show a very indept insight into the mindset of fighters during a war.

Fight scene was good too, I can almost visualize the two Veelas soaring towards the DE with their claws and talons out, jumping from roof to roof in attempt to save the order.

Details, what makes a story come alive. The five senses, the scent during the fight, the atmosphere, Fleur's ache when cradling Gabby etc...

Realism.

Spectacular work.

Salunatic
Okiro Benihime chapter 2 . 4/7
Eh, might be my bad habit of skim reading when it's late but as far as I can tell, Lucius Malfoy and Bellatrix Lestrange alone were able to kill a good couple hundred students, Dumbledore, Snape, Flitwick, Hagrid, and a handful of other big names. Reason? I'm sure it's explained later, and I hope it's not just to cause angst for the sake of it. I don't think I'll be reading this fic because this chapter sets a really bad precedent of Harry being a whiny little so-and-so. I wasn't aware anyone actually like the amount of angst that Harry showed in 5th year. And honestly, you've killed off a fair few big names and set up the death eaters at being an incredibly efficient strike/terror force, I don't see Harry winning without some bullshit ex machina later on, maybe "ancient veela magic"? Best of luck with the story.
BlahBlahBlah615 chapter 25 . 4/6
Excellent storyline, well written, looking forward to seeing the rest!
CovenStine chapter 25 . 4/5
This story is so awesome, it ought to have 2000 reviews by now. The only reason it doesn't is because the length of your chapters isn't as paltry as in many others' stories, and you actually edit them, so it takes a while. Please don't look at the number of reviews as a metric for the success of this truly fantastic work of yours. Metric's are about as truthful as a politician with a law degree.
Keep up the stellar work!
Thanks for sharing!
MarieteTBC chapter 25 . 4/4
Keep writing ASAP. I'm so fucking addicted.
angel25black chapter 25 . 4/3
I've never reviewed before, but I just wanted you to know I love this story. I just wished updated alot more, but I understand RL and all that. When I've seen you've updated, I get all excited and can't do anything else til I've read the chapter. Keep up the good work.