Reviews for Uncharted Territory
Guest chapter 2 . 7/25/2012
Aw, man I really want to read that conversation!

You really nailed this on the head - great writing :)
hotshow chapter 2 . 11/14/2011
This story was very good, but you need to write a sequel. I'd love to know what Sam talks to Dean about.

Thank you.
ccase13 chapter 2 . 11/13/2011
Poor Sam, I'm not sure how Sam is ever going to get Dean to see that Sam's desire for Dean to take care of Dean is not the same thing as Sam saying that Dean is not needed in Sam's life.
d767468 chapter 2 . 11/13/2011
Good take on the weird look Dean had at the end of the episode.

I was kinda thinking the same thing. He looked a bit lost and not sure of what he should be doing.

But you're the writer, and you phrased it much better!
Meggin Lane chapter 2 . 11/12/2011
Well, this story has been a llooooonggg time coming. I hope the writers have the same amount of insight that you do in summarizing the thing that is eating Dean.

You're right, for too long the pitch to the fans has been that Dean has a 'low self esteem' issue. And that never set right with me. The closer truth is as you said, that it's more of a developmental issue.

Most of us get to grow up and develop a separate identity from our other family members. So that when we become adults we know who we are. When parents have kids they put their sense of self aside and devote all their energy to raising and protecting the kids. Then once the kids leave the parents have to adjust back to the way they were, who they were, before the kids.

But Dean never had a before time to develop a sense of self before Sammy became his responsibility. And that made Dean's identity get all tangled up with his role of Sam's protector. With out Sam in Dean's life he's going to have to redefine who he is. YIKES. Not an easy thing to do under any circumstances. But as a hunter with leviathans on your tail...could be life threatening.

Besides I just can't see Dean taking Yoga classes anyway (LOL)

So I'm really looking forward to the conversation Sam has with his big brother right now. And I hope the show provides it.
DeansMuse chapter 2 . 11/12/2011
Nice but we all know that Dean won't go along with Sam's idea to talk. I do wonder though if the show is even going to continue with Dean's self destruct. They seemed to tame down the drinking this ep and last ep Dean said it was just because of keeping things from Sam.

Guess we'll see.
Sue Pokorny chapter 2 . 11/12/2011
Excellent! I really do wish Sam would take off those blinders and get a clue. He's so bound and determined to prove he's perfectly fine, he's not seeing that him being fine (which he is so not) means that Dean's purpose is suddenly gone. I would love to see Dean start to believe in himself just like everyone else does, but that's just not Dean. He's more afraid of who and what he thinks he is - a killer, nothing more. If he doesn't have a reason to get up in the morning like protecting Sam and looking out for him, what's the point. You'd think Sam would be able to figure that out. It's not his problem - Dean is an adult - but their lives are anything but normal and sometimes you have to sacrifice for someone in order to keep them from falling. I do love to ramble, huh? Loved this. Very insightful. :)

Sue
Lamarquise chapter 2 . 11/12/2011
I'd like to see where this talk went.
PrettyGirlyFan chapter 2 . 11/12/2011
i love this. this could be an actual conversation between them and you do it perfectly. love it
gr8read chapter 2 . 11/12/2011
Oh yeah, liking chapter two.
paranormal para girl chapter 2 . 11/12/2011
Uh Oh! This isn't gonna be a happy talk is it! Ok, deal me in d, I'm ready for the angst. :) Mel
paranormal para girl chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
d! Loved the brotherly love! Good to have them just being brothers...although...Dude! He married Becky! Hugs! Mel
doyleshuny chapter 2 . 11/12/2011
You could clearly tell by Dean's expression that he's not ready to stop looking out after sammy. I don't think he ever will be. I think sammy feels he's doing Dean a favor telling him he can live his own life without worrying about him. What Sammy doesn't get is that's all Dean knows. Sammy will always need his big brother.
cold kagome chapter 2 . 11/12/2011
awwwwwe hope sammy make dean feel better
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 2 . 11/12/2011
Very good and very true.