Reviews for Off the Shoulder of Orion
TheNaggingCube chapter 14 . 1/29/2012
AF, what a fantastic ST:VOY - The Next Gen story you have gifted us with. Great rich new OCs and wonderful maturity of the ST:VOY characters. You have given us a wonderful adventure with Captain/Hero/But not MarySue Tom. Your use of TNG characters is spot on and realistic.

What a heart rending and excellent tribute to Gene and all he gave us and stood for.

Human Trafficking... such a mundane simple phrase to cover such a horrid wicked disgusting portion of humanity. Well done, very well done.
angelscatie chapter 14 . 1/29/2012
Great ending to a great story. Can't wait to read another story from this Universe that you have created.
tayababy chapter 14 . 1/29/2012
Oh. My. God.

Totally poetic ending to this installment of your series. And it more than makes up for my last review, which was said with a smile btw.

Kathryn's speech was simply amazing and heartfelt, and I could totally hear her voice in my head during the whole thing. And I knew Tom would get Harry as his XO in the end.

I can't wait to see where the next adventure takes us, but once again, thank you so very much for sharing :)
Runawaymetaphor chapter 14 . 1/29/2012
" "So what I take away from all that you want me to keep those pips. And that somewhere between you and me, between the most … secure and the most fragile ego in Starfleet, there's a perfect Captain." He paused for effect. "I hope I never meet him. Or her." "

There was so much in this chapter that choosing a passage was even more difficult than normal. But I had to choose this- and not because it's me and this is my favorite pairing to see, but because this short little Tom-ish comment summarizes everything I have always loved about these two. And yet, everything I have to come to fear about them as well.

This journey was a difficult one for Tom, and something tells me the going will get rougher before it gets better. But at the end of such a trial, with the shadow of evil still lurking and the ghosts of betrayal and failure shifting in the background, the most any of us can ever hope for is that we have people we trust to listen to the stories of our Longest Days; to sit with us in patient silence, when the stories cannot be spoken, or else have already been told.

As with all of your endings, the hope you've cultivated in me outweighs the despair. Thanks for making me feel all of it.
snow6835 chapter 13 . 1/28/2012
Whoa... was not expecting that! Superb, fabulous, amazing... ummm just wow. Can't wait for the next chapter!
Runawaymetaphor chapter 13 . 1/26/2012
"Tom sighed. It was disconcerting just how much he and the Doctor were alike in some ways. Neither of them had ever fundamentally understood, let alone mastered, the concept of shutting up – the difference between them was merely a matter of subject matter and nuance, when you thought about it. No wonder they bugged each other so much, and got along so well …"

There are worse people to have as friends than those big mouths. True, sometimes they tell a story more than once, or else rat you out on something that was Not for Public Consumption. But more often than not, the things they fink about are their own little secrets. And my experience says that if you look around a crowded room and spot the person who is smiling the broadest or laughing the hardest- they're inevitably the one sitting next to a friend with a Big Mouth.

Just ask Harry. ;-)
tayababy chapter 13 . 1/25/2012
No spoilers in reveiws!

I. Hate. You.

That is all :P
Raiining chapter 13 . 1/25/2012
Ahhh, great chapter. Yay Harry! Oh Jared. Nice ending. Love the imagry of the phaser burns. Well done.
CrlkSeasons chapter 13 . 1/25/2012
'Casualties of war' is one of the crueler euphemisms.

Tervellyan's eventual awakening, his ultimate choice and its painful consequences were all the more poignant for taking place off screen where our imagination can fill in the details.

This is such a powerful chapter, The tawdriness of evil, the twisted values that assume that anything associated with that kind of code can ever be called 'honor'.
angelscatie chapter 13 . 1/25/2012
Lots of questions answered and lots still remaining. Can't wait to read more... update soon, pretty please with sprinkles on top?
TheNaggingCube chapter 13 . 1/25/2012
wow... holy wow batman. omg! you've answered many questions but leave us with many more.
Nana Evans chapter 12 . 1/24/2012
That was some pretty fancy flying out there! and it must be giving Asil a headache (if Vulcans have it) to try to see the logic of human emotions. Good luck with that.

So, investigations are still on their way and you really want too keep us guessing... ok then, my fertile imagination can keep putting up the most unlikely scenarios until it's over... ;)

waiting for the next one!

ps: "...still had years of wear in it, and the extra hole just gave it character..." - couldn't agree more! it reminds me of an All Star I had; it wasn't leather, but it sure had character and holes!
Raiining chapter 12 . 1/22/2012
Ahh, good chapter. Like Tuvok's daughter in temporary command, she's doing well. Hope we get Harry back at the end of this though!
Runawaymetaphor chapter 12 . 1/21/2012
"Dozens, hundreds, thousands of pieces of stellar flotsam, some barely larger than rocks, others large enough to be considered planetoids. They had hung in this space for billions of years - a curtain drawn across the vastness of space, in silent protest against the void. Jagged and broken, they were the collateral damage of the failure of Alnitak's three suns' to achieve sufficient stability to form proper planets. Drifting alongside each other - sometimes colliding, occasionally pulled out of their orbits and towards a fiery death in one of the three stars - few had ever been blessed with the touch of a foot."

I know, I know. Your eyebrows are raising at the fact that I'm citing, out of everything contained in this passage, a landscape description.

Or maybe you're not so surprised after all?

Either way, if I have read a more poignant description of land or space, I don't recall it. Nor can I think of a more fitting backdrop for the atrocities of human trafficking.

'Collateral damage' indeed.
Kathy chapter 12 . 1/21/2012
Amazing! I'm biting my fingernails!
128 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »