Reviews for Off the Shoulder of Orion
CrlkSeasons chapter 12 . 1/20/2012
The chase is on, figuratively and literally. It's good to see Tom's excellence as a pilot highlighted in this chapter.

A lot of technical terms here - electro-magnetic emissions, neurogenic particles, gravimetric shears. Ablative armor? Is that anything like nominative, genitive or dative armor? My personal favorite, though, is 'really icky stuff'.
Rudy P chapter 12 . 1/20/2012
Great chapters, i cant wait for more.
TheNaggingCube chapter 12 . 1/20/2012
Cool, my foot is just tapping away with excitement. I am with Schmidt and glad Tom's thinking on it too.

Loved, Commander B'Elanna coming out to play. Asil is every bit her father's daughter and then some.
Kurbits chapter 12 . 1/20/2012
It's fun to see when issues discussed find its way in to a story. I agree completely with your take on the Investigation arc. Good to see more of our chief engineer as well. She does have quite a bit of experience these days, not just down in engineering but also what works on a ship and what doesn't. I would, just as she is, be happy to have someone else being in charge on the bridge, but that someone would have to deal with things wisely or I would have spoken up, much in the same way she did.

The fact that they didn't try and make the chief engineer command material in Voyager is something I appreciated, because I quite frankly never got how the heck commander Tucker could even be considered as XO on the NX-01. If nothing else it's actually incredibly impractical and you will end up with a situation when the real chief engineer in fact is the ChiEng's right hand man/woman. I think you do well when you keep it the way it was on Voyager through out the years, which isn't all that hard to do, since she married the one sort of "destined" to be given command.

Looking forward to the next chapter!
angelscatie chapter 12 . 1/20/2012
Great chapter, somehow I think finding a parking spot will not be as simple as they are hoping. Can't wait to read more.
tayababy chapter 12 . 1/20/2012
why do i get the feeling this is not going to end well?

glad Tom could have a moment of glory to shine and actually fly his Flyer while teaching, to relive the good ol' days ;) and absolutely loving how B'Elanna stood up to Asil on the traitor front, though I can't help but think it wasn't Cor... hmmm, the things I have to think about...

Oh well *shrugs* have a good night/day/whatever part of the day your time zone is :P
snow6835 chapter 12 . 1/20/2012
Gotta love it when Tom gets to play pilot with a challenge to boot! Awesome ride that showcased not only Tom's skills at flying but also his mentoring abilities! Glad some of the crew now know about the possible traitor on board and can help with the tracking. Things are definitely starting to pick up in intensity even more.
Nana Evans chapter 11 . 1/19/2012
I still don't want to belive it was Tervellyan. But who ever it was, it's just the tip of the iceberg. The fall of one person, regardless of how high in the command line he/she is, won't make the whole empire fall. It's sad, but true.

waiting for the next one

ps: bet Tom would love to be in Mr. Coulthard place...
snow6835 chapter 11 . 1/16/2012
Wow, Tom sure knows how to make a first voyage as a new captain interesting! Well glad that some of the others at least know now some of the pressures he's been facing so far. Can't wait for more!
StevenM chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
Excellent job! Keep up the great work!
tayababy chapter 11 . 1/13/2012
I'm running out of ways to say, oh how the plot thickens. I've also run out of things to write in this review, other than I love it and the suspense and the way Tom just barges in interrupting the admirals meeting like that :)

Anxiously waiting for the next installment,

Em
CrlkSeasons chapter 11 . 1/13/2012
Tom is managing well so far in this face-off with the Syndicate. However, I'm sure that it is a relief to be able to count on some backup from Starfleet.

Follow the Money, shades of Al Capone being tripped up by the IRS.

I am increasingly concerned about the fate of anyone who may have been pulled into the Syndicate's schemes without realizing the full consequences of their actions. Their awakening may be a painful one.
Raiining chapter 11 . 1/13/2012
Oooooh, well done. Great chapter, love things coming together, still have odds on the First Officer being in the Syndicate. Love the Admiral, always. Very awesome! As always, cant wait for more :)
TheNaggingCube chapter 11 . 1/13/2012
Wow this is fantastic. I love it. All of Tom's experiences honed by the Kirk Center are being utilized to ferret out the bad guys.

Who will it be?

Hurry with more soon please it is killing me to not know what is next!
Runawaymetaphor chapter 11 . 1/13/2012
I've never liked to define my life in terms of lists or finite things. Too much existential angst I guess (me? angst? never). But it's funny, now that I think about it, that the 'defining lists' that stay with me are the short ones. Not the longish list of grievances about this or that aspect of the past, but, you know, the more interior things. Like the principles I'd stake my livelihood on, that one thing I wouldn't change no matter the subsequent pain. And more to the core than anything else, those few people who mean everything, for whom I'd give my life, move mountains and stars, fly to Delta quadrant even just to make smile. And knowing all the while they would, for some misguides reason, do the same for me.

All of this to say, I am somehow certain the power and energy Tom has in his trusted ''short list" far outweighs that of the list of the Syndicate's operatives, however extensive it may be.
128 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »