Reviews for Off the Shoulder of Orion
Jump Highly chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
Oh, Hoorah! Captain Tom! I HAD been anxiously awaiting the story. Excited, as always, to see where it goes, and thrilled to see the old timers involved. Undoubtedly, the Doctor with Tom-as-captain will make for an interesting journey, and I'll be interested to see what you do with the first officer. Great start!
CrlkSeasons chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
The opening gambit:

-a challenge waiting to be faced, dangerous if the Orion syndicate is involved.

-hints of other, more immediate complications.

Meanwhile, this long awaited moment, well flavored, fully savored.

A satisfying opening chapter to what promises to be a thoroughly enjoyable story.
tayababy chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
Yay! Words cannot describe how happy I am to see this up! Of course, by the sounds of your authors note, I'll be less happy in a few updates time...

Loving the joy ride back up into space, and the chair gimmicks between former and current captains :) and the staffing is just awesome. Loving Nicole btw, an assistant everyone needs at some point in time :)

Now all that's missing is a counselor, to keep them sane, and the XO, to keep Tom from killing himself, because we all know, despite Doc's best efforts, he will try :)

I think I have more things to say, but for the life of me I can't remember :) thanks again for giving me something to look forward to amongst exam study and work !

Em
snow6835 chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
Ahhh, omg you have no idea how happy I was to see this in my inbox. Definitely intrigued about the beginning and finding out how the woman will factor into Voyager's 1st assignment back. Loved that all the admirals were there for the joyride with Tom where he belongs. Figures the amount of red-tape surrounding getting crew transferred back to Voyager would lead to Tom poaching his dad's secretary for help, although I'm sad Harry won't be immediately joining Tom! Yay for the Doc though! Everything is flowing smoothly and once again you're doing a fabulous job building up the story's pace. Can't wait for another update and glad you're going to showing the crew's reactions to Tom as captain!
jn2116 chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
Great start! Look forward to the rest of the story! :o)
Nana Evans chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
I go check my mail box and what do I see? A new story! The "Big One" finally arrived! Really glad to see you writing once again, it always makes my day.

We'll finnaly get to see Tom as Captain and what a great way to start: landing on his butt in front of the admiralty! And loved to see how Tom solved his problems with finding a new crew, but I think he'll need to find his own Nicole someday...

The woman on the prologue...is she a Orion slave girl?(guess totally influenced by the title and the TOS episode I watched yesterday...)

waiting for the next one!
antra chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
Ah, the story I've been waiting for.

Nice to see that so many ex-Voyagers came back.

It will be interesting to see how Tuvok's daughter is.

And, the important part - the XO. This will be interesting.
Runawaymetaphor chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
I know that my 'acerbic judgment' was rather strapped for words when I read your first pass at the prologue. It still is now, reading this for, oh, the fifth time, and trying to figure out which sentence to cite as my 'favorite'.

But at least I understand why I remain stymied.

As was recently pointed out to me (quite poignantly) in a harrowing biography, there are some sufferings, certain dehumanizing experiences, that cannot be properly related to another soul; the individual's pain potentially isolating them, even when in the company of those who share the same burdens.

What does one say to a pain that cuts so deeply and uniquely? And what does one say when an observant, thoughtful author puts her finger on such a pain, tracing, with the most reverential touch, the contours of a wound that rarely sees the light of day?

I do not know. But in the silence, I find contemplation. And respect. And even measured hope.
128 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9