Reviews for Krait book 08: More Marauders, More Malfoys
Jirel chapter 1 . 7/3/2014
As near as I can tell, we have skipped from book 4 to book 8? At least I don't see a "Krait" chapter between the two.
dianaanne chapter 18 . 5/5/2014
Oh how fun! Through this one again!
Anne Seebaldt chapter 14 . 5/4/2014
"My torturous brain is as ever at your disposal." Thanks, I needed a good laugh.
hwyla chapter 18 . 6/23/2013
I'm sorry I didn't stop and review more often, but I got caught up in the stories. In my last review, many chapters ago, I said that I thought I would really like David. And now I must say how much I adored him as Head Boy. I hope we see him a lot in the future as he teaches, though I suppose we won't really since these stories seem to focus more on the students' lives than those who teach.

And I don't know why, but I connect more with Gorbin than the other goblin children. I think perhaps Kinat blended in so well with the other kids? Not sure. But I love that Gorban can now call Lucius 'Dad' - all because he sees how much his sibs and mother have bloomed. It is lovely that Gorban loves him for the love Lucius has shown them.

This story in particular has shown Lucius un a good light. One in which his machinations can be used for 'good'. Thanks!
anne chapter 14 . 12/28/2012
"My tortuous brain is as ever at your disposal, Albus." Snorting with laughter! Again ...
Gardengirl6 chapter 18 . 12/26/2011
I do hope we're going to see Albert Jackman sorted out properly here sooner than later. What a jerk!

I like the wrap-up here. Very nicely done. Everyone settled, fairly happily, and even Dympna on a good path now. Thanks for yet another terrific read!
Gardengirl6 chapter 17 . 12/26/2011
Singing and nose-tweaking. We need MORE of that, not less, don't we?

Tobak the Quiet. I like that. I wonder if Lucius wrote the press release himself? Oleaginously eulogizing - summer next when I visit the UK, we MUST get together and talk live time!
Gardengirl6 chapter 16 . 12/26/2011
Swot is one of those words that hasn't really made the crossing of the Atlantic. I wonder why? It's nicely descriptive.

Racist thieving would be poisoner - that's quite a rap sheet for a 12 year old. I see that she is, indeed, properly "unhappy," but I rather doubt anything will change her view of herself. Alas.

Ah, I do like Gorbrin. He's a true new-era Malfoy... thoughtful, kind, helpful - but - "Style makes a difference." So very Lucius!

Dumbledore cracks me up - I do love the sort of "gee, it's a good thing you didn't do (whatever)" when he knows full well that someone has done it. And yes, how foolish that stooge will look!

Started a rebellion indeed - do the sheeple realize that Harry and co did exactly that?
Gardengirl6 chapter 15 . 12/26/2011
I knew I liked Meliandra for a reason - well done, especially the "taking Zabini's head by the ears and giving it a thoughtful bang on the ground" bit.

Ah, what a pleasure to see Draco put Dawlish in his place! The half-troll bouncer at Belcher and Goodtime's indeed. Where DO you come up with these fabulous names?

Miss Parkinson is about to be unhappy, is she? Why do I suspect that this is yet more understatement?
Gardengirl6 chapter 14 . 12/26/2011
Brave older lad for a protector, a new name to go with her new world view, and - well, donkeys aren't ponies, but they're equine of a sort!

I keep wondering about the genetics of all the interbreeding between species... but I guess with magic, it'd be possible?

Well done, Lee - no wizard could have got away with assaulting an Auror!

I'm liking Meliandra better all the time - I think there's hope for this one. And Erica... using her special skills in so many creative ways! I love it.
Gardengirl6 chapter 13 . 12/26/2011
Wow, just as Dympna discovers the true meaning of Christmas, she gets cursed? Not fair!

Imagine... Draco quoting Dune. May wonders never cease!

I do hope that Willow went cat before pouncing on that mouse? Gross :(

And Alice might well expect to "drop early" since she's carrying quarter-giants!

Cricket... you lose me here, I'm afraid. Never have figured it out, though I confess I haven't tried very hard. I don't even like American sports all that well.

Glad to see Jade making nice with Dympna. And it seems that Priscilla will never, ever "get" it, will she?
Gardengirl6 chapter 12 . 12/11/2011
Abraxus could have been a Naval Aviator - he's all about forgiveness rather than permission, isn't he?

And Hawke cracks me up - can't let anything happen to Stripes, cos it might interfere with his grades, right?

Severus wants to study him... and Lynx wants the 8 hours with a fluffy white tummy!

Love Archie's dealing with the obnoxious muggles - hilarious! That'll learn 'em, durn 'em!

And Jazka's rant is one for the ages. Bottled malice? Genius!

Nice of Jade to support Dympna. And so clever of Dumbledore to hide her among muggles - keep her safe and broaden her horizons!
Gardengirl6 chapter 11 . 12/11/2011
Interesting - random dodgy fey showing up! Good thing he has a place to stash them, to keep them out of mischief. I gather these are the unexpected consequences you mentioned?

Parkinson... mixed up doesn't seem to do her justice. Daft, bordering on suicidally stupid, seems to come closer.

Ah, Stripes gets to come out and play now? And yet another unexpected consequence. He does seem a bit confuzzled by having his justice-mission being co-opted by the children, doesn't he?
Gardengirl6 chapter 10 . 12/11/2011
Christmas AND a redheaded helicopter pilot? All in one chapter? Hurray!

Uh oh - kidnapping? I thought Block was inept, not evil... but I guess desperation and self-righteousness might push his ineptitude into active malice. Good for Pearl to be so sensible and practical - even so far as telling Draco that her kidnappers had treated her well. But all toward returning her library book... shades of Hermione, I daresay :)
Gardengirl6 chapter 9 . 12/11/2011
Well, that's a novel way to go about hunting down your man, isn't it? Leave it to a Marauder to be doing research while seducing someone.

Wow, serious chanting! That was intense, and beautifully depicted as the arduous effort it needed to be. Very, very nicely done, and after all this anticipation, too! Brave Lucius - nothing like putting your body where your mouth has been, eh?

I'm having a bit of difficulty with the visual of wee Alice and not-wee Hagrid in bed. Perhaps I'll just skip the effort, shall I?