Reviews for Childhood Shows the Man
MarchingbandGLEEK XD chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
Great Story, I loved it!
trufflemores chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
You are the reason that I read Kivrin's works.

I was surprised when I first read the premise for this work since the Glee universe doesn't usually lend itself to AUs like this (amazing, isn't it, considering all the other AUs that are out there that are infinitely less plausible and well thought out?), but then I fell in love and curiosity took over. I went to Kivrin's page, pulled up "Course Corrections" and read it in one sitting. And then I went onto its sequel and reading that in the same sitting. Two of the most incredible works to ever grace this fandom, and easily the two of the best Kurt stories that I've ever read. Thank you so much for that recommendation. It changed my perspective on writing and fanfiction in general as much as my introduction (also by a note of yours on Tumblr, I might add) to the Cimmerians. (I'd encountered her works before but never really gotten hooked, but then I sat down and read them all and yes.)

This is beautiful. It carries on the integrity of Kivrin's story beautifully. I imagine that she could not be more proud of a tribute piece like this, because if I had written those stories, I can't fathom someone else capturing the story so beautifully in so little a space. This was absolutely stunning, because you merged two styles seamlessly. Hers comes through here, but it isn't dominant as it is in her story (which is what made me fall in love with her story, aside from the wondrously intriguing plot and characters, of course). Yours, however, is different than your usual work, and I absolutely love it. There's so much emotion in this piece. It's incredibly intense, and you can just feel how much Kurt is struggling not to give into to four-year-old temptations out of fear that he'll /become/ a four-year-old again.

I always thought that was a fascinating addition to Kivrin's story - that Kurt retained his seventeen-year-old intelligence but was trapped in a four year old's body with certain four year old tendencies that threatened to take over - and you've captured it perfectly here. My heart breaks for him and Finn. Him because he's so terrified and young and he's afraid that he'll never really be safe again, and Finn because he has no idea about the deeper aspects of Kurt's terror and he just wants to help.

I love Finn in this. I know that I've said that I love your brotherly Furt before, but I adore it here. It's perfect. Finn's thoughts fit in seamlessly here. The way that he muses about what it would be like if he'd had a little brother, or if he'd been able to take baby Beth to the park, or even if Kurt just stayed a four year old and he could raise him like a true little brother. All of it worked in marvelously with the emotional undercurrents of this piece - and there's even a hint of trepidation there, too, that Kurt won't turn back to normal and how is something like that even possible running through his mind - and I loved it.

I really, really loved this.

Thank you for introducing me to two of the most masterful writers in this fandom.

And thank you for being one.
padfootsmine chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
this is so cute! once finals are over im gonna read that verse. stupid school.
cataclysmical chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
Okay, so I'm going to go cry now and maybe cuddle my cat and call my mom to tell her that I love her. I need to babysit, stat. This was lovely.
XandyNZ chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
Firstly, might I say OMG 2 OF MY FAVORITE AUTHORS ARE REA LIFE FRIENDS!

I feel like a proud parent, and I don't know why. Just ignore me please.

Anyway, I love all your Glee stories, and that you've based this one on one of the most intriguing 'verses I've ever read (seriously, so excited about the latest chapter - you said that Lucy from your stories was going to be in it, yay!) just makes me so happy! :D

No joke, this is my face.

(o.o)

(0.0)

:D

Happy reader here.

P.S.: Hope you'll update some of your other works soon, as well. Love them all! :D
dreamer 3097 chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
a good one
RenaissanceGrrl chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
Caaaaaaaaitlin. This is too cute for words!
jcarol555 chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
This was adorable. Excited to see where this goes and what happened to make Kurt little.
PrinceXX chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
ok so i had to draw a picture for this if you dont mind. its almost done and wanted to post it up on DA. i love your work alot
nessyschu chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
Ahhhh this was so sweet! It makes me so happy that you guys are friends and everything and just yaaaay! :D Fantastic job, as usual!
DareU2Bme chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
K SERIOUSLY... I thought this was truly ODD and wasn't going to continue when I realized what it was... but then I just HAD to keep reading.. oh my gosh.. it is so sweet and sad and strange and now I must read the whole story you're alluding to(?)
BigDestiny chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
Oh my. This was a great addition to a great fic. wee!Kurt was so cute, even as he deftly tried to not be. And Finn's protective streak was so sweet. He handled Kurt's breakdown fantastically, and I agree that he would have been a great parent to baby Drizzle (still love that name!).

Do you have any more snapshots like this? You did a great job matching the feel of this fic to the original.
karatekid1018 chapter 1 . 11/12/2011