Reviews for Take care of myself
ryder21 chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
Loved this. What did they say in The Mentalists...'sometimes one's greatest gift is looking after others'. This is more than Dean's gift, it's his purpose, one that he is really good at. Did I say that I loved this?
Guest chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
alchol bad for health. drop it.
itscalledkarma chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
Wow that was deep! You should totally write for the show, that scene would've summed up the essence of who Dean is...great job (:
smalld1171 chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
LOVE. THIS. Fantabulous insight into Dean's noggin my friend and very well written. I love me Dean angst... it's almost a sickness of mine... and I know that he is at a place now where he doesn't know what the hell to do next.. and that makes me very, very happy! Excellent job my friend, I absotively and posilutely LOVE everything about this! :D
ccase13 chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
I like your tag. Sam was definately NOT looking carefully at Dean when he was talking to him. Dean definitely heard useless from Sammy's comment and not good news that Sam was better.
casammy chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
Sam does not say with bad intention, sam wants that dean is happy, the problem is that sam measures dean with the same parameters, sam believes that dean wants what he wants, but alone dean wants to support healthy sam and except and I live and far from the whole danger that could, and in addition it hurts when the children grow for that they always believe that already estan ready to live through the life alone, and sam is the bad-mannered and pampered son of dean, already we have seen that in spite of the whole shit that sam does and says, dean always this one there behind him, taking care of him and always it is going to be like that and sam, to weigh said that already is a dulto, which does not need to be taken care, it knows that he needs always from dean and that in spite of only calling dean goes to be there for him or for that he believes that after all this speech of already I do not need you, the first thing that he said to becky was " I have to call dean ", so definitively dean knows that sammy is an alone pure bla bla bla and sam deceives himself for that at the end of accounts it belongs total and absolutely dependent on dean and let's not forget that now it is nice but that it goes to happen when they turn his crises and hallucinations of the hell and Lucifer?, obviously only he who can deal and take care of sam when this one like that is a dean and I I believe that prompt it goes away to end the playtime for sam
The Lilac Elf of Lothlorien chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
"people are wondering why Dean is suddenly falling apart…looking back at the last 7 seasons I'm not thinking 'Why now?' I'm thinking 'What took him so long?' Dean (and Sam) have been through some major shit. I don't know how they are still standing let alone being semi successful Hunters."-This is SO true.

I sort of liked this past episode because it added a slight amount of humor to what is starting to become a very dark season. But You made a good point. I seriously don't think Dean knows how to just focus on himself. Even when he was with Lisa and Ben, he probably focused more on them and less on himself.
FictionalDayDreams1988 chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
Oh, Dean!PLEASE someone give that boy a maybe some Anti-Depressants while they're at yes I totally agree with look on Dean's face was SO needs to be smacked upside the head for not has always been able to read Sam's face for as much as Sam CLAIMS to be able to read Dean just as well,he has his head up his ass when he talks to him and doesn't notice anything about what Dean's thinking or going had better have a good reason for making both boys suffer so much.I miss how the show was in the 1st season when everything between them was fun and I miss the songs they'd play during the episodes. :(
Nyx Ro chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
This story is an excellent depiction of Dean's current emotional state. Great angst, and I, too, would love to give Dean a hug. I'm a Samgirl, but I'm Dean-curious. ;-D

But I'd like to raise a point about the comment in the Author's Note "...did anyone want to shake the hell out of Sam at the end of the episode? Just once could he pay attention to Dean's face when he talks..." The facial expression you're referring to was on Dean's face AFTER Sam had gotten into the car, and thus Sam didn't see it. As you astutely noted, Dean takes great care to avoid incurring the Dreaded Puppy Dog Eyes. And really, how COULD Sam possibly guess that he's Dean's reason for being?

We discussing Dean's emotional dependence on Sam (and Sam's obliviousness to it) in the 'Crossroads' forum on the Thread 'Iter Itineris III: The Road Adhuc'. Wanna join the convo?

topic/49849/49111401/8/#52411261