Reviews for The Taming of the Queen's Attendants
MarbleGlove chapter 1 . 9/30/2013
This is lovely.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/16/2013
Awww that was just sweet! hahha I always thought that the Queen's attendants were on Gen's side especially after that dance and Irene's hairpins! Great work!
FashionablyHospitable chapter 1 . 6/8/2013
The queen's thief, too? Wunderbar!
Garagina chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
Very sweet! I liked it
Mokulule chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
I really enjoyed this :D Very pleasantly surprised to find some good fan fiction, such rare thing these days ;)
Bookwyrm chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
Beautiful story. I always wondered when and how the queen's attendants came to like Eugenides. Great job!
MandereLee chapter 1 . 11/20/2011
It is exactly stories like this that make me realize why I love the fandoms I love so much. It is one thing to read something canon, but it always another matter to read a well-written, speculative, moving fanfiction. You make me want to squee! And yes, your story is very much swoon-worthy.

Funny, I was just wondering about how Eugenides was able to convince Attolia's attendants that he is not the enemy; and here I come stumbling upon your fic, and I say, it is soooo wonderful! I love how it reflected the views of several attendants, and how their perspective evolved gradually over time. And it's not like Eugenides had to be some kind of gallant gentleman; all you showed us was that he was himself, his regular, caring, clever self, and he never did anything extravagant. I like that.

I especially love this line: "She was sure, if she looked back on it all, she would be able to pinpoint the moment she had changed enough to relax in front of her attendants, but right now, with her husband holding her tightly, she didn't care to dwell on anything but the feather-light touch against her ribcage and the whisper of his voice as he shared his soul with her."

Now you've made me dreamy-headed for the rest of the day! Or perhaps, week.
Thelittlehope chapter 1 . 11/18/2011
The queens thief series is one of my all time favorite series. So I never thought a fanfic could come close to capturing the essence of the books. But I must say I was wrong, I absolutely love this story and I greatly hope you write more.
Jules chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
You captured the amazing essence of both Attolia and Eugenides and that is true skill. I love the banter that goes between them, and the unsuspecting role of the Queen's attendants.

Since, I don't write stories for fanfiction much to everyone's benefit, I truly appreciate the people that do.

So far, this is my favourite story for the Queens thief story and I doubt that, that will change for a long time.
icecreamlova chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
You know, most of the prose of this fic has an unnerving similarity to the rhythms Whalen-Turner uses in hers. That was the first thing that struck me.

I thought this was very lovely, and very sweet. Personally, I'm surprised you managed to come up with so many different and varied scenarios involving Gen, but I really liked all of them. I agree entirely: a great deal of the time, it's the little moments that can change your mind, and I love that I can see so clearly what is important to each character through each of the ways they are won over. To me, the strongest were Chloe's, Aglaia's and Sophie's. As much as I love the glimpses into what make Gen and Irene tick, it's the way the attendants' characters filter through that really made those three superb.

And the interludes made me laugh too, because the attendants really have no hope concealing their intentions from Gen and Attolia. Of course, Gen's and Irene's sharp wit help there, and I loved every line they spoke. Especially: "Someone in this relationship needed to retain some dignity." And this part as well: "Because as if he would ever leave her." Aww.

Two of the sentences that jerked me out of my reading were:

"needed to check on her"

"through my incredibly capable and impressive sword-fighting techniques."

I agree with the intention behind each paragraph, but they seemed slightly out of place among the rest of the paragraph in terms of style or word choice. I just found the second one slightly unwieldy.

&

"I love you, Ilene."

It's supposed to be Irene, isn't it?

But otherwise, this was a very enjoyable read.
LAHH chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
Excellent story. Thanks for writing.
hypercell chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
This was AWESOME! So great!