Reviews for The Taming of the Queen's Attendants
Basil Allegri chapter 1 . 8/15
It was great how each attendant had a slightly different personality! I also loved how you had a small Gen/Irene scene between each attendant's perspective. Minimalistic style, but it was more than enough.
leung.norell chapter 1 . 7/18
The part at the very end. You got me. How tentative and delicately they touch each other as if they other is made of glass and could shatter at any second... all throughout KoA and even CoK... even though they are both mentally, on other levels, the strongest, most resilient individuals imaginable they are at the same time so fragile... and they recognize that fragility in each other while simultaneously seeing each other's Strength. Just beautiful.
Elf Kid2.0 chapter 1 . 6/28/2016
This was extremely well-written. Everything was in-character. I really enjoyed reading this. The scene ate the end was especially good.

I enjoyed this.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/11/2015
Tears. It's amazing
meldahlie chapter 1 . 8/22/2015
Good work! I can see why this has the stacks of favorites it does - have another review!
Mel Dahlie
ThrowAnInkpot chapter 1 . 6/24/2015
I love this! Seriously, I can absolutely see this being canon. Well done!
Cinni chapter 1 . 4/5/2015
And so... we see how the female attendants are so much more observant than the male ones... stupid Sejanus.
MarbleGlove chapter 1 . 9/30/2013
This is lovely.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/16/2013
Awww that was just sweet! hahha I always thought that the Queen's attendants were on Gen's side especially after that dance and Irene's hairpins! Great work!
FashionablyHospitable chapter 1 . 6/8/2013
The queen's thief, too? Wunderbar!
Garagina chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
Very sweet! I liked it
Mokulule chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
I really enjoyed this :D Very pleasantly surprised to find some good fan fiction, such rare thing these days ;)
Bookwyrm chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
Beautiful story. I always wondered when and how the queen's attendants came to like Eugenides. Great job!
MandereLee chapter 1 . 11/20/2011
It is exactly stories like this that make me realize why I love the fandoms I love so much. It is one thing to read something canon, but it always another matter to read a well-written, speculative, moving fanfiction. You make me want to squee! And yes, your story is very much swoon-worthy.

Funny, I was just wondering about how Eugenides was able to convince Attolia's attendants that he is not the enemy; and here I come stumbling upon your fic, and I say, it is soooo wonderful! I love how it reflected the views of several attendants, and how their perspective evolved gradually over time. And it's not like Eugenides had to be some kind of gallant gentleman; all you showed us was that he was himself, his regular, caring, clever self, and he never did anything extravagant. I like that.

I especially love this line: "She was sure, if she looked back on it all, she would be able to pinpoint the moment she had changed enough to relax in front of her attendants, but right now, with her husband holding her tightly, she didn't care to dwell on anything but the feather-light touch against her ribcage and the whisper of his voice as he shared his soul with her."

Now you've made me dreamy-headed for the rest of the day! Or perhaps, week.
Thelittlehope chapter 1 . 11/18/2011
The queens thief series is one of my all time favorite series. So I never thought a fanfic could come close to capturing the essence of the books. But I must say I was wrong, I absolutely love this story and I greatly hope you write more.