Reviews for On Distant Shores
Sue Clover chapter 15 . 5/20/2015
Oh, boy. I should have predicted this. That dude was acting too heartless for a Jedi, too territorial. I knew he had issues, but I thought they would have to tell the Council and have them deal with it - but no, of course that was not to be. For what is life without Obi-Wan constantly being in danger? Nothing recognizable, that's what.
Sue Clover chapter 13 . 5/20/2015
Oooh, yeah. Adah's not going to be happy about this. Yay.
Sue Clover chapter 10 . 5/20/2015
I love this story, really I do. But Obi-Wan, you self-pitying, melodramatic, arrogant fool! "I have failed. I am broken." What kind of conclusion is that to come to? He says he has done "everything in his power to recover." Yeah, everything except wait for it to come naturally. Just because he is distracted by his feelings, just because he is in love and is having trouble undoing it or denying it to himself, does not mean he is broken. He's whining like some adolescent drama queen. And he is one. Good grief. Well, at least Satine is there to snap him out of such nonsense.
Brievel chapter 11 . 4/16/2015
The one thing the EU got right. Love is a good thing...if tempered, and not allowed to get away.
Brievel chapter 9 . 4/16/2015
Sooome-booody's in truu-uuble!
Brievel chapter 2 . 4/16/2015
Well, he's still got his spirit left...and Kit Fisto has inspired in me quite the crush on Nautolans.
Nanuk chapter 16 . 6/25/2013
A wonderful stories, as always. Plotting, descriptions, dialogue and of course these subtle observations of our favourite hero I've come to love so much! Well done! Thanks!
Nanuk chapter 10 . 6/25/2013
Sweet, sweet man, always trying to do what is right by those he loves. sniff If Qui Gon hadn't waited so long ... maybe the Duchess' hold wouldn't have been so strong?
Addict to Fanfics chapter 16 . 1/17/2013
Before the Throne? Those ten chapters will have to wait till tomorrow. along with your other stories. I just spent the last... almost two? hours going over ODS and A Brief Detour (which sounds so amusing when stated) as its around 1am I think thats enough for today.
not paranoid enough chapter 16 . 1/8/2013
You are turning me in to a Satine/Obi-Wan shipper! I have worked hard to avoid shipping Obi-Wan with anyone, and in the span of two stories, you change that!
Obiwan456 chapter 16 . 7/11/2012
OK, I finished this story yesterday but did not have a chance to comment until now.

Once again, you have told a story that is perfect, the Jedi were perfect in character - I can really see them doing and thinking everything they did. And the struggle Obi-Wan had within himself to "make himself better" beyond wisdom,and his growing feelings for Satines were just amazing. I could really see Qui-Gon handling Obi-Wan just the way he did.

The rogue Jedi - I mean - you wrote him perfectly...ominous and bitter, with the insanity slowing creeping to the surface - not overdone or over dramatic. The way he treated Obi-Wan, arrogant and resentful of Obi actually getting better. And your other OCs...I mean...when I'm sitting at work thinking about your story during my down times...that's something.

This story was just wonderful...and wonderfully told. Again, it could easily be a published book...maybe you should submit these stories to whoever authorized SW books and see what they say...(that would mean having to take them off of here, but I would buy them...)

I"ve started the third story now - and I can already feel the growing heartbreak of Obi-Wan's coming decision. You stories have made his comment on TCW now very believable.
rowen raven chapter 16 . 3/26/2012
The haunting is not done! lol I'm back, it took me a while to finish this one, mainly cuss very much like Qui Gon, I became apprehensive of Obi Wan's and the Duchess's growing affections, though I find the 'no hate, no love' thing a bit excessive even for Jedi, it did seem he was straying from the path. What ever that maybe.

The conundrum in this story is one I've thought about before though not Jedi wise and now it seems silly not to have notice it before, Adah's theory of contemplation and teaching against the Order's action and compassion to keep the balance have both very valid points, so much so they become mute. Who is to decide this, the Jedi in their 'peacekeeper' roles are very particular a choosy in this matter. How can they decide a cause is just over another when face with factions like melida\dann. How a world is chosen over another a species over another. They pledge to help, yet they claim not to be able to interfere; its a paradox. Under what criteria does the council decide which call for help will be answer and in favor of what party in question, even if they swear neutrality they have have to choose a side. Because there is no way one can simply sit back contemplate balance be damned. Its a very deep and philosophical and even political matter since the senate is closely involved in the Jedi temple's operations, sad but true. Add Satines pacifism views and its a hopeless loop where one argument refutes another as does the next and next, there is no clear correct or wrong way to see it.

Sorry about the rant, All in all it was awesome as always great Obi Wan suffering and angst, and I like Qui Gon dread the decisions to be made up ahead.

P.s Satine's views and constant clashes with Jedi 'violent' ways reminds me deeply of the amazing anime Gundam Wing, specially the OVA or movie Endless Waltz, Releena's claims of total pacifism and the gundam pilots who fight for peace.
pronker chapter 16 . 11/26/2011
Congratulations on finishing this story. I've seldom read such a /satisfying/ one and look forward to others.
pronker chapter 10 . 11/26/2011
Ah, very good - it takes harsh words from her to make him see the light. Oh, yes, she has great power.
pronker chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
You have a gift for creating OCs that grab the attention right away -