Reviews for Ghosts of the Future's Past
Kyle chapter 12 . 1/30
The chapter is good but you might want to reduce the discussion of clan technical leads in the future since you have already mentioned it twice in the same story. The repetition takes away from what was otherwise an excellent chapter.
bldude chapter 12 . 1/29
Not quite sure who Atalanta is speaking with at the end.
ShadowWraith2017 chapter 12 . 1/27
very nice update! Nice to see how some captured Clan Warriors are able to adapt and not adapt. Hmm.. did they find the repair facility in the Dark Nebula? Looking forward to the next update!
KenDy chapter 11 . 1/16
Some of the later chapters could have advantageously been placed at the beginning, where they might provide some context to the scenario.
Most of the book I didn't know who the various players were, whose side they were on, or what the whole thing was about. Plus it is mainly political and not a Mechwarrior story.
Kyle chapter 6 . 1/15
Funnily enough, I loved betrayal of ideas and was unsurprised Nicholas was depicted as he was. Everything I read about him before that indicated their was something wrong with him that led him to create the clans and their messed up society. Thus Betrayal of Ideas was no surprise and I liked it. That said I love this chapter for the clans rising above their flawed origin trying to reach that ideal and cannot wait to see more about seeker Atalanta. Also it is funny to see the clans confronted with the sheer logistical problems inherent in the invasion.
Kyle chapter 11 . 1/12
I loved this chapter. I see you are going with the idea of sapient Caspars from Cannonshops AI series of stories. I can't wait to see this continue and will enjoy the clanners minds melt as all their preconceptions are challenged. Now all the players are moving and this will be a giant mess.
Guest chapter 8 . 12/23/2017
As below really happy to see this story come back to life. I used to check it every month or so with fingers crossed
Misspent youth chapter 1 . 12/17/2017
Happy to see this one alive again. Looking forward to the next chapter.
monbade chapter 7 . 7/13/2016
good story to ban no updates
WBH21C chapter 7 . 4/18/2013
Well done!
Mabra46268 chapter 7 . 3/10/2013
Things have gotten very interesting. I am somwhat surpised at Comstar, I figured they would have been more subtle than using an HPG to attack a ship. It is also hard to believe that you could get the Federated Commonwealth soldiers of the war college to go into battle with suicide charges installed on their mechs.

What I really like about this story is that your protagonist Roland Talbott is good, but he is not perfect. He does make mistakes and those misakes have consequences.

Looking forward to the next chapter.
jpdt19 chapter 7 . 2/24/2013
I can't say how thrilled I am to see this updated.

Have got it on my bookmarks and periodically take a look just in case (alerts don't work for me), but hadn't look for a few months. Then out of the blue, woohoo!

Without meaning to sound too ungrateful, I wish there'd been another part of it showing a perspective from elsewhere at Tamar, or perhaps a bit more of a description from Roland about what he is hearing over the tac-net from elsewhere.

Then again, they did just drop very abruptly and what with the dropship being totalled...presumably from the ready ammo in the bays that he insisted be kept there. Ouch, that might be a bit of a guilt factor later on when he has time to think about it.

It does however seem, unlikely that their opponents would have had time to rig up suicide charges in the mechs. Admittedly you've already portrayed that Comstar is carrying out their usual dickery and that the head precentor on planet is flat out lieing when she says the HPG incident couldn't be there fault. So...they knew the Ghosts were coming.

Also, a Black Watch Refit Devestator (Next generation SLDF Royal kit). Ouch!

Please keep up the good work!
pacificuser chapter 7 . 2/2/2013
well,worth,the long,wait! thanks for finally updating after nearly a whole year!
Joshua chapter 6 . 10/11/2012
Love this story, Continue Please !
jpdt19 chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
Sad to see there has been no update of this for a while. Are you working on alchemist instead?

If you have no objection i'd like to share the link for this on spacebattles forums and classic battletech's fanfic forum sections. I think it's a superb story and criminally under reviewed!