Reviews for Ghosts of the Future's Past
WBH21C chapter 7 . 4/18/2013
Well done!
Mabra46268 chapter 7 . 3/10/2013
Things have gotten very interesting. I am somwhat surpised at Comstar, I figured they would have been more subtle than using an HPG to attack a ship. It is also hard to believe that you could get the Federated Commonwealth soldiers of the war college to go into battle with suicide charges installed on their mechs.

What I really like about this story is that your protagonist Roland Talbott is good, but he is not perfect. He does make mistakes and those misakes have consequences.

Looking forward to the next chapter.
jpdt19 chapter 7 . 2/24/2013
I can't say how thrilled I am to see this updated.

Have got it on my bookmarks and periodically take a look just in case (alerts don't work for me), but hadn't look for a few months. Then out of the blue, woohoo!

Without meaning to sound too ungrateful, I wish there'd been another part of it showing a perspective from elsewhere at Tamar, or perhaps a bit more of a description from Roland about what he is hearing over the tac-net from elsewhere.

Then again, they did just drop very abruptly and what with the dropship being totalled...presumably from the ready ammo in the bays that he insisted be kept there. Ouch, that might be a bit of a guilt factor later on when he has time to think about it.

It does however seem, unlikely that their opponents would have had time to rig up suicide charges in the mechs. Admittedly you've already portrayed that Comstar is carrying out their usual dickery and that the head precentor on planet is flat out lieing when she says the HPG incident couldn't be there fault. So...they knew the Ghosts were coming.

Also, a Black Watch Refit Devestator (Next generation SLDF Royal kit). Ouch!

Please keep up the good work!
pacificuser chapter 7 . 2/2/2013
well,worth,the long,wait! thanks for finally updating after nearly a whole year!
Joshua chapter 6 . 10/11/2012
Love this story, Continue Please !
jpdt19 chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
Sad to see there has been no update of this for a while. Are you working on alchemist instead?

If you have no objection i'd like to share the link for this on spacebattles forums and classic battletech's fanfic forum sections. I think it's a superb story and criminally under reviewed!
jpdt19 chapter 6 . 4/25/2012
Once again I remain truly astonished that a story as good as this has a paltry 17 reviews!

I can at least make that 18. Delighted to see this updated, I check every couple of days! A nice long update too! Sorry I haven't reviewed for two chapters, I can't really do a decent review from my phone.

I am...intrigued by where you're taking this. Very nice to see a perspective away from the Task Force, besides the after action review aboard the IKhan's flagship. I must admit, your deliberate lack of dates...kept me off guard for most of the chapter. Nice little technique, I was frantically trying to work out how the initial sections tied back into the story for much of it.

So...the goliath scorpions are having...second thoughts about the likely result of revival are they. Well from what little I know of the different clans, that sounds like them.

I'm curious where the next chapter will focus. On Tharkhad? Back on tamar? Both :).

by the by, I forgot to mention that I noticed how you made the same point in chapter 5 as I did in my review of chpt 4. About how the IS locals of the 31st century would view a task force of 40 ships as a fleet :). Quite probably cooincidence, but an enjoyable one to read.

Do keep up the good work :)

Jpdt
MaineMech chapter 6 . 4/18/2012
Very interesting turn of events with the character Atalanta...I have an inkling of where this is going, but I anticipate a fun ride getting there...essentially adapt or be swept aside by the tides of history...using a "Paladin" of the Star League and an unconventional Clan warrior as the instrument of change is an enjoyable turn. I also like how you weave familiar characters from the Battletech universe into your story. I don't know where the secondary story line of Comstar is going, but I guess I'll see. Only negative point...Please give updates quicker...lol...you're an excellent writer and I enjoy your work, but there's not enough of it...Thanks, Chuck
the french BT fan chapter 6 . 4/14/2012
this has to be the best-quality MW fic in a long time! It is nearly in a level with Stackpole's fiction or that of Randall Bills. You could be the next Blaine Lee Pardoe if you simply put your mind to it! great work! feels like I'm reading a canon BT novel only much better!
jpdt19 chapter 5 . 3/26/2012
Wonderful.

I've been eagerly waiting for you to update and now you deliver. Interesting developments are afoot it seems.

I have one quibble i'm afraid. The transition between the two chapters seems a bit...awkward. It feels like we've skipped a chapter or a section. One moment they are in a delaying action on planet, the next we're in space and the both the sldf and FC rct forces are aboard, with no hint at how it happened.

Sorry but it jars a bit.

Other than that great chapter
Sieben Nightwing chapter 5 . 3/17/2012
Well, ComStar REALLY screwed up this time. Sucks to be them, seeing as the "Ghosts" are now serriosuly pissed off at their idiot "friends" and are ready to kill them at the drop of a hat. I eagerly await the next chapter with great anticipation.
Oscar chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
Last update was 01/07/12, sigh. Another great story that hasn't been updated in a looooonnnng while.
blue horizon chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
cool!
Nui chapter 4 . 1/13/2012
I just wanted to say how much I have been enjoying this story and the preceding one. Keep up the good work.
pacificuser chapter 4 . 1/7/2012
as usual good work,a bit short though...