Reviews for applause applause, life is our cause
anonymous chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
I can't say enough how perfect this fanfiction is. It's probably one of my favorite works of literature even though it is only a fanfic. Your writing style is simply amazing, so smooth and descriptive and paints such a story. The characterization is simply amazing, you have every nook and cranny of both Finn and Rachel's personalities perfectly, even in the AU setting. The plot itself is amazing, I honestly can't find words to describe just how beautiful it is. I try to give constructive criticism in reviews, but I honestly can't find anyway this could be made better. It's just a magical story, and I thank you for sharing it.
ByeByeMissAmeric chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
So cute. Loved.
mrs.gleelover12 chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
AMAZING! You did FANTASTIC with the fluff, and just...perfect! D
Hello chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
Good story. It was really cute and sweet and it makes me happy :)
LC 86 chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
A lovely story, but. I must admit, I wish there was a little more with Finn and his family after the part where he sees his mother at bakery.
dharkephoenyx chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
I love how you write. Hands down. That's it. I get these lil butterflies whenever I read certain lines 'May slinks into the sunset following June's 9whatever here!) its just intimate and lovely and you just start giggling because you just know, you can *see* it.. Just lovely.
AnnechanB chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
Very sweet lovely story:)
Sarcastically-Eloquent-447 chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
A very nice story, very sweet and all around great.
GeekyGleek chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
This was so beautiful!
all-delightedpeople chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
Look, Mary Gael - I hate you. Except not really actually I love you and you are great and excellent and lovely and beautiful and coincidentally those are all adjectives that could also be applied to this gem of a story. Seriously, I can't emphasize enough how wonderful this was to me. You have this amazing ability to write a romance that isn't quite fluff or drama or angst but lives in this amazing, multidimensional gray area. I love that this story sort of defies being characterized - it contains an entire spectrum of feeling.

Also the tone you use is so fascinating; it has sort of a dreamy, intangible quality (which I feel like is a direct reflection of your Rachel here, so blissed-out and mellow she's almost like some kind of fairy tale creature) that is so, so beautiful. I love how you've once again fleshed out these incredibly unique versions of Finn and Rachel that seem so different from the characters we know and love on the surface, but you're so true to the essence of what makes them *them* that it still reads true.

Going back to style, you always seem to have this amazing ability to write spatially - especially when it comes to ~physical touching~. But really, it's so awesome and just, I don't even know really how to describe it but it gives me ALL THE FEELINGS. This passage is a good example of what I'm talking about:

"I got too attached. You made me love you." She bites her bottom lip and, after a moment's deliberation, he opens his arms. She climbs onto the bed to lie with him, ear resting against his thrumming, singing heart. "I hate you."

She slips her hand under his shirt. "You don't." Their legs tangled together over the plain, white mattress.

You just give the reader such a good sense of like...where things are actually happening that makes it all seem so real and so easy to picture. Just, the way you write physical touches is one of my favorite things about this story (the bathtub scene is another example of this). Purrrrfection.

Please keep writing forever and ever and ever and ever because you have a gift, honestly and truly.
threefoldutopiandream chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
this was lovely. i love your characterization and it was like you could feel their love for each other while reading. also liked how you maintained the "star-crossed lovers" concept. great job!
scribbled pretty chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
This was super lovely and elegant. You depict the characters in your own sense, and it's really lovely - especially for an AU story where these two people don't know each other at all, but yet are connected - tethered, anyone? - from the very start. I love the way you portrayed these two. All of Finn's nicknames for her are so cute: darlin', baby girl (my favorite!) I love, love, love your writing style, and how you shared so much in so little. Keep up the fantastic work! :)
theluckyclover chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
haha such a perfectionist. i'l re-review only cos i love it so much.

i loved your portrayal of rachel's character. it was almost OOC but not for some reason. i looove when finn describes her as a paradox. i like how carole and finn never patched things up to avoid the too perfect, cheesy and disney ending.
Littlemizzyx chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
That was simply amazing! I loved the way you portrayed Finn and Rachel!