Reviews for Let Go
magmom4 chapter 13 . 3/6
As much as I hated the ending, I knew it was coming. I just had to keep reading. That is unfortunately the way with too many of our kids.
ComplexWonder chapter 13 . 2/6
I think you ended the story very realistically. Of course it was sad, but I knew it would end that way, even though they did try to get help. It's always that last hit, the "just one more and then we'll get clean" hit that does it.
Carlisle and Esme's distress broke my heart. My heart breaks for all the parents and family members, especially my own, who have to deal with their loved ones' addictions. I thank you for the realness of the interactions between Edward and Carlisle because people who are strung out/on drugs can/do get mean and sometimes physically violent, some do steal, manipulate you and play on your guilt until you give them what they want. Carlisle's choice to use tough love sometimes work, and sometimes it doesn't - but he is not to blame.
This subject isn't pretty and you told this story wonderfully and simply, while never going over the top. You just kept it... real. Real is the word lol.
Thank you for your words.

xoxo Sammi/samitdamn
ComplexWonder chapter 2 . 2/6
That's the hardest thing for a parent to do. You want to help, but you can't do anything until they're willing to change. I've watched my mom kick my brother out a few times over the last 11/12 years. But kicking them out doesn't always work either apparently.
I'm wondering how Edward and Bella got involved in hardcore drugs and why.
It's sad, but real, and I'm enjoying the read so far!

xoxo Sammi/samitdamn
fanfictionalcolic chapter 13 . 1/16
This story still moved me hours after reading. This so awfully right and powerfully wrong. Just like life.
Nrbl1 chapter 13 . 11/26/2013
That's the truth...unfortunately it is what it is for the majority of addicts
Guest chapter 13 . 9/18/2013
You need more details of how they died
meelee729697 chapter 13 . 8/16/2013
That hurt.
But, ur right. Some people succeed in recovery & some don't, because, YES, it only takes one slip.
A dear friend of mine was clean for 4 yrs, & both his parents died within 4 months of each other, & he relapsed... He's no longer on Earth because he started using again for a while, & one night he didn't wake up.
There are happy endings, but there are many sad endings also.

U did an amazing job capturing the torture of addiction. The way it affects everyone, not just the people using.
This leaves me sad, but u did an amazing job.
Great story, mama. - U are beyond talented.

[I am in love w/ ur story "An Angry Man" but took a (short) break from it to chk out some of ur other work. Glad I did]
meelee729697 chapter 12 . 8/16/2013
Poor babies... & I say that because they have a disease, & they want so badly to clean up, but deep down, it seems, they know they want a fix more. :(
& they love each other so much. - It's sad. So, so sad.
meelee729697 chapter 10 . 8/16/2013
"Then it just... took over."

Phew. - Ain't that the damned truth.
meelee729697 chapter 9 . 8/16/2013
Ooohhhhh my gosh, this is so pitiful. Poor baby. He knows he needs to get better, but he is so so sick.
I hope he goes & stays. & Bella, too... Plz get help, guys!
meelee729697 chapter 8 . 8/16/2013
Agh, my heart...
meelee729697 chapter 7 . 8/16/2013
My heart is literally in pieces for Esme. Our children, no matter how old, are our babies, & we'd do anything. Anything. - As much pain as I know Carlisle is in for what he has to do, I'm w/ Esme, I'd want my baby home. - But, obviously, I'd have to somehow find a way to get him help.
The guilt of eating a nice meal when she knows her son is out there.. I get that & u potrayed it well.
Ur doing a great job w/ all of it. - I feel everything.
meelee729697 chapter 6 . 8/16/2013
SO gut wrenching.
meelee729697 chapter 4 . 8/16/2013
:( So in love, but so very lost.
meelee729697 chapter 3 . 8/16/2013
As parents, they wanna take it all away. :(
How horrible that they don't even know where their on children are because those kids won't even reach out to them. It's what they want most, & they can't have it. :( Cuts so deep.