Reviews for Dehumanization
Mitsuki Hanayu chapter 2 . 1/12/2014
I thought that this story was absolutely fantastic and I can't wait until the next chapter comes out!
Shaonna chapter 2 . 7/28/2012
Wow I was holding my breath during so many parts of this. Excellent writing!
Ambie Lovina chapter 2 . 7/19/2012
OOOOOOHHHHHH, ME LIKEY! You should really continue with this! It's really good! I'm excited to see what happens to Seimei and how Soubi's everyday life is affected by this.
Turkish-Silver chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
Ahhh! Please continue with this. There is SO much you can do with this.

And as per usual, you have an awesome grip on your characters. I really think Seimei and Ritsu's interaction was perfect.

If possible and if you think you can execute it well enough, I think it'd really make Soubi stand out more if you expressed him in a stream of consciousness versus just the standard third person. It might be a little late to introduce that now but, it's just a thought.

I also hope you don't harp too much on his visuals with blood. It's very effective now but will get old if you don't express it differently in the coming chapters. Flashbacks, maybe?

All that aside, I love this whole take on the persecutor being the persecuted. I'm waiting to see how this will develop. A CheyWolfe :}
SplintedKhaos chapter 2 . 5/4/2012
Amazing as always! I really do like your writing :3

3 Splint
Paula chapter 2 . 3/7/2012
This is awesome! I feel bad for Soubi but your writing is so good I am almost obsessed about your stories. Please continue!
A phoenix patronus chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
You really know how to get to people's feelings, don't you?
Ebony-S-White chapter 2 . 11/30/2011
Im so glad I put off my psychology paper to read this.

Very haunting, I was tearing up at the end. Seimei and Ritsu don't seem off at all, in fact you characterized Seimei exactly how I'd expect him to be. And yaaaaaaay you're extending it!

One of my new favorite fics, and it's only the second act. I can't wait to see where this goes from here...

I have a feeling there will be many tears shed.
Tlcatlady chapter 2 . 11/28/2011
That was so hard to read... poor Soubi! I don't know how he ever made it through most of what Seimei put him through. TLC
promocat chapter 2 . 11/28/2011
some where deep ionside him ristu cares for soubi-not how normal people care-but still- & for once seimei is seeing a totallt broken & insane person-he likes to break peolple but he is realizing maybe he went too far alittle
caughtinblackseyes chapter 2 . 11/28/2011
I didn't like this chapter as much as the first, but I enjoyed the exchange between Seimei and Ritsu.

I can really feel Soubi's pain, it's horrible. I hope Kio will be an understanding and supportive friend.

Will Ritsuka be making any type of appearance in this fic?
DreamReap chapter 2 . 11/28/2011
I didn't really know what to think about the first chapter, I mean it was well written but I was stunned. It was terrifying from Soubi and everyone involved's view.

I could really, really feel Soubi's emotions in this chapter. I don't think that Seimei and Ritsu were too out of character, it's difficult to say since you don't get much of their personalities in the manga. I think Ritsu would show more distaste for Seimei, not that he already wasn't, but he hated Seimei I think from the moment he realized he was tricked and Seimei wasn't a nice little boy, which was probably when Seimei carved his name into Soubi's neck. Also Ritsu might act a little more coolly and aloof.

I'll look forward to the next chapter.
luckless-is-me chapter 2 . 11/28/2011
And thus the red begins to rain down the walls.

Honestly, I really don't know what I want to say to this, but I want to say something. I feel like I NEED to say something in response to a chapter such as this. It was- horrible and terrible and all those terrible things that just make you sick to be a person- but then, at the same time, it all came out so clearly and the inner turmoil was so very there even though it was put in the simplest terms.

Blood. That's really all it took with this. The way that Soubi could just see it everywhere, like it was following him, his own personal demon, really just brought his emotions to the forefront with this. It's not that they weren't there in the beginning, but they really all came forward with this chapter. It's obvious how torn up he is from all of this- and it's obvious why and how it's all just raining down. Soubi's response is expected, and I don't expect him to get better in a short amount of time- or really, ever at all. This is the kind of thing that will follow him around for the rest of his life, and I think, somewhere that's still conscious and sane throughtout all of this, he knows that.

As for Seimei and Ritsu, I don't see them as out of character with this. This was from when they were all a bit younger, and it only makes sense that they would act this way if this particular scenario were to happen. For one thing, Seimei wouldn't have expected Soubi's reaction. It wouldn't have fully sunk into him how terrible such a thing is (for Seimei, it's all just a game; for Soubi, it's life), having never gone through such a thing himself. It makes sense that he would react childishly, his power over Soubi temporarily disrupted. Ritsu, on the other hand, is still close to Soubi, despite what he's done to him in the past. He would understand more of what he's going through, and would understand more of the implications.

Now, the ending with this- that's an interesting thing to be brought into this. It all makes sense. A lot of sense, actually. I just wonder where it's all going, because, as terrible as it all is, it's all very captivating. You're really a wonderful writer, being able to pull people in in the way that you do.
Mistress Cherpa chapter 1 . 11/28/2011
I love stories that concentrate on Soubi and the horrors of his life, they by far surpass most characters in Manga's like these. You did a brilliant job of portraying the situation in a delicate, realistic and moving way. You used just the right amount of description for the situation to be powerful but not over bearing. I generally love stories with dark or abused themes and I enjoyed your depiction of the event and i'm excited to see how you progress this story.
luckless-is-me chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
You know, I think you're right about this. I don't doubt that Soubi was forced by Seimei to do these types of things. Dehumanization- a fitting title for this.

Through the spotlight that's set on Ritsuka, it's sometimes hard to remember that Soubi's life- his past, his everything- were just as terrible in their own way. They're both broken, and I find it amazing that they're able to hold up as well as they have through it all.

Anyway, I wish I could say more to this, but I can't really think of the words. It's heartbreaking having to see Soubi victimize someone else, especially when he so obviously doesn't want to.