Reviews for Carpe Diem
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 11/18/2013
Of course, every part of the costume would be correct, down to the *very* last detail, heh! (now, does Minerva dress left or right?)

Delightful surprise and play, too!

Personally, I suggest spats rather than standard stockings.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 11/14/2013
I loved Rolanda's reaction to the costume broom. Surprised she didn't Reducto it into little plastic slivers.

And could Minerva have found a cat costume? Now that would be spiffy!
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 10/22/2013
Hot dang! I know just what Minerva means about those costumes at WizardMart. I do much better online, myself, since I live in a small town and some sites actually have sizes higher than 8.

But Rolanda is right. Minerva is neglecting her friend big time.

Say, can Minerva bring a guest?
terfle chapter 3 . 8/21/2012
A gentleman's outfit is perfect for Minerva, good choice :D
tetleybag chapter 3 . 12/8/2011
You know, I admire how you manage to get every chapter going with such verve! Every time I write a fic in one go and then try to break it up into postable chapters I nearly despair, and here you are with the image of not-hopping, not-skipping Rolanda, heightening our anticipation as well as her own.

The sex scene is awesome. I love the genderplay and the experimentation - and you round it off with the hilarious, believable, adorable humour of Minerva reasoning about the correct colour of the socks.

I wonder what she'd look like in a 1980s Muggle jogging suit and tennis socks.
tetleybag chapter 2 . 12/8/2011
This chapter is such a classic! I love their interaction, Minerva's classical, wonderful Minerva-ness (I can hear her in my head) - but I have to admit that maybe my favourite image of this chapter is that of the groper-proof, leg-showing pumpkin costume.

This clearly calls for an illustration. I almost feel like sharpening my pencil. But then, respect keeps me from it.
Laplaciana chapter 3 . 11/27/2011
I can't wait to read about people's reaction :D I wonder if they'll recognize her. And how long it'll take them.
Swallow B chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
Of the subtle difference between Carpe Diem and Nero playing his fiddle - though Fudge is no Nero.

As usual, very real life-like. The whole looking for the right costume episode brings back memories that are more comfortable in hindsight, when one can laugh at them. I empathise with Minerva.

Enjoying your unique style.
Kelly Chambliss chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
From the disclaimer to the perfect chapter break, this story is as delightful on subsequent readings as it was on the first. AS Tetley said, no one can touch you in the matter of pitch-perfect character voice.

And the matter of upending clichés, too -

"Who was, indeed, as mad as a wet hen.

And as wet as a wet hen."

"If one runs into one's lover who has just suffered a Peeves Prank, it is clearly a moment that calls for social interaction. If said lover is Minerva McGonagall, it is also a moment that calls for great care. Minerva disliked clichés at the best of times. Lately, with all her worries, it had been – well, not the worst of times, but a difficult period."

Love this whole paragraph.
kitt46 chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
Sounds like the beginning of an interesting story.

All the best, Kitt
tetleybag chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
I am tickled pink verging on neon lavender by this wonderful dedication! Thank you so much for the honour, and for the pleasure of this story. The opening is a triumph in visualness, humour, and voice - even by your standards, which are easily the highest in the Potterverse in those matters. I could cite every line from Minerva standing in the puddle, the image of her red-hot fury, and Rolanda's thoughts about it. Marvellous.

And there's the right amount of horror in the story, too. It pains and shocks me to see that Gladrags is no better than your average Halloween or carnival costume supplier ...