Reviews for Brighter Than Silmarils
Salome Maranya chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
If only...
fantasychica37 chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
This is the fic that returns light to me after reading dark!fics; this is beautiful and thank you for filling that plot void- easing a mother's heart, and bringing Maglor home.
5SecstoThrowItFB chapter 1 . 5/24/2013
Beautiful. If I say more, it will break the spell.
Kingsdaughter613 chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
There is nothing so strong as the love of a mother... Very true. Now I'm crying again... I should stop reading Silmarillion fics... This was so beautiful. Great job.
Fortune Zyne chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
WE don't know truly what happened to Maglor in the end. He could have very well have gone home after a time...

At least I hope so. I love happy endings.
AngelAdept chapter 1 . 11/20/2011
This may be an AU, but it's very well written nonetheless. I like how descriptive this story is, particularly of its two main characters. Not much is known about Nerdanel, so it's nice to see her developed a bit more here. I'll have to find and read "Sifting Through Ashes" now. And it's lovely to see some divine mercy given to Maglor, after such a long, dark, painful time on foreign shores. He's one of the most interesting characters in The Silmarillion, I think. Anyway, great job!
mistrali chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
Nerdanel gets relatively little screen time in the Silm (not sure about HoMe) so it was nice to see her so instrumental in this.

And Maglor was written perfectly in that last scene. I adore fics where Maglor goes back to Valinor.
AzureSkye23 chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
Oh this is beautiful. I love how you portray Nerdanel. She *was* married to Feanor and raised the Feanorionnath after all...I could just see her pleading her son's case to the Valar. LOL. Never come between a mother and her child. And I really liked how you pointed out that there was a good deal of good that came from Maglor's decision to raise Elrond and Elros. Poor ellon's suffered enough. I love stories where he gets to go home. :)
Duilin chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
Well, even if it is alternate-universe, at least one Maglor gets the rest he needs!

This was truly lovely.