Reviews for New Coin
duj chapter 1 . 10/17/2007
Gentle. I believe Dumbledore was a *father* to Snape, but an abusive one. However, this was written long before we could see that in canon. (My first inkling of it was PoA, actually, but I didn't believe at the time that that was JK's intention.)
bow chapter 1 . 9/23/2003
This was lovely. The language flowed so beautifully, and I love the interaction between Snape and Harry.
Shezan chapter 1 . 7/16/2003
"New Coin" makes me cry every time I reread it. I like that Snape doesn't yield to temptation (Harry) in it; I love what it reveals of Snape's love for Dumbledore. I love the classical reference (the coin to pay the boatman across the Acheron). I love the sense of loss and the idea that you cannot make up for it. This one is a 4-star at group/HP_Fanfic_Recs
Carol chapter 1 . 6/27/2003
Oh, I really admire this. How you manage to combine such smooth writing with such jagged emotions... wow. Beautifully done.
Shezan chapter 1 . 4/26/2003
Elegiac, elegantly-written, nostalgic, in character... all the qualities I now associate qith your writing, having just devoured "The Sorcerer's Apprentice". Bravo!
uh chapter 1 . 11/20/2002
Nice story, but even implied slash should be warned.
Tantz chapter 1 . 10/24/2002
Very powerful beginning, and Snape is very in character. I like his reactions and the way he speaks, and the way we are allowed to imagine what has happened to cause Dumbledore's death. Your pen is a good weapon. Kudos.
Memento Mori chapter 1 . 6/1/2002
Yes. This one just feels...right. Spare prose, wonderful manipulation of content. Well done. Thank you.
Telanu chapter 1 . 5/3/2002
Wow. That was incredible. Thank you.
Carolyn Greyfox chapter 1 . 5/3/2002
Absolutely beautiful writing - the first scene brought tears to my eyes. And finally someone's written a Snape who has enough self-control and moral fortitude to resist a student - despite the temptation!
Silene Acaulis chapter 1 . 5/3/2002
Very complex and very sad. Rarely you can read something so full of grief and regret. It reminds me a construction of requiem - with some kind of quivering state of consolation or peace in the end.
Sev Rickman chapter 1 . 5/2/2002
I thought Blaise was a girls name, prehaps I'm wrong.

Other than that a very moving fic.
Saint Fool1 chapter 1 . 5/2/2002
I like this story. Loved the ending - you treated an intriguing minor character in a way that filled him out and made him memorable.

New coin - very haunting image.
Auror Borealis chapter 1 . 5/2/2002
That was lovely. Beautiful work.
Practical Magic2 chapter 1 . 5/2/2002
Incredibly lovely and the prose flowed well. I enjoyed the ending very much.