Reviews for Paths of Ivy
Echoing Wolf chapter 1 . 10/5/2013
This was great! I love it!
Rainhealsme chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
This wasn't half-bad. There was plenty of detail, and your OC was 'very' original. I guess my one and only complant would be the fact that this wasn't longer story. But all in all, this was very enjoyable. :) - xXKiraUzumakiXx
The Red Strings chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
This is my first time I've ever read story underneath the Legend of Zelda fandom as well as my first time to have ever read a story containing an original character. I've read several stories that contained a canon character deaf/mute, and I've never read one that has ever described their perception of reality like yours.

All I kept seeing was an ethereal forest with a gorgeous river, and a girl with bold blue hair. It really does have that fairytale feeling to it.

Since there isn't any dialogue in your story, I have to admit, I was a bit confused at first and it was difficult to see where it was all going, but as I kept reading, I understood your character better, bit by bit. Since she does lack hearing and the ability to speak, the way her and Link communicate in this...comfortable yet silent conversation is very appealing.

Reminds me a little bit of the Little Mermaid. Just a tad bit.

It's very whimsical, airy, and, again, it reminds me of a fairytale its somewhat fast-paced affection between the characters. I liked how you relied on your character's emotions to convey her words, even if they weren't spoken. In the way you portray her, I cannot help but to picture her as a some sort of nymph.

Playful and innocent.

There were a few run-on sentences, but that didn't detract any charm from your story. I just wanted to let you know. I really do like it since I haven't read a story from this fandom or contained an OC. You have made a good impression on me, and for that, I really thank you for it.

Overall, it was very good and enjoyable read.

-The Red Strings-
MouseMaster42 chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
Dude, this is your first OC story...and I love your OC. She's perfect! I love her. And usually I'm such a stickler for not sticking girl OCs into a Zelda story (I've read too many bad ones ;_;), but this was incredibly well done. Isn't it funny how sometimes the writings you're most proud of are the ones you don't even remember writing because you were so out of it? XD

I feel like a dork-you would not believe now long it took me to realize that she was deaf. XD At first I just thought that Link was a mute or something.

But anyway, this was definitely ethereal fluff. It was cute and sad without dripping with cheesiness or cliches. Well done. *cue slow clap of epiceness* You've managed to do something with an OC that it took me an entire arc to do. I'd love to see more of Ivy.