Reviews for Help of a Seer
Ariadne Venegas chapter 6 . 9/4/2015
Harry is 4 generations to Phineas Nigelus and Neville is 5, even if Harry is five generations because of the question of Dore is the grandmother or gran grandmother, either way Harry wins because he is in direct descendant root, even more direct than Draco. Neville is from a collateral root because Callidora was daughter of a younger brother Arturus of the head of the house heir of Phineas, Cygnus.

That's other reason why Sirius named Harry his heir, because if not Draco inherited... Remember in book sixth that was an issue. Draco didn't inherited because Harry was the Lord Black, even if Harry didn't cliam the tittle in the books, because he was not of age and later because of the war and in the epilogue we are not privy of it.
Ariadne Venegas chapter 7 . 9/4/2015
But Harry Harry is the elder Black male because he is the granson of Dorea Black and she was in the main root tree not as Draco who in one of the accesories as Calidora and cedrella

So you are wrong. Harry is the elder Black heir because he is in the elder Black male in the main Black family root and Dorea was never disowned!
Simianpower chapter 9 . 9/2/2015
Demerol tapped into her magical core? Are you serious? That's ridiculous.

Also, this Snape is so OOC as to be a different character. "This Potter was taking his responsibilities seriously blahblahblah." Yeah, bullshit. Snape is NOT the sort to think that way. He never has been, and even at his canon death he still hated Potter. This isn't quite as bad as the Severitus stories out there, but it's still a drastic and unsubstantiated/unbelievable change in character.

And what makes you say that the second ritual is impossible? Just because there are no 2-year-old kids of Death Eaters doesn't mean that Voldemort couldn't find parents willing to sell and/or sacrifice a kid. Especially if his people used both the carrot and the stick. There are scumbags all over the place. This would be by far the easiest way for him to get back.

The plot holes are really starting to add up in this story. And Harry is still a complete dishrag. Starting to lose interest here. The story's becoming more ridiculous than interesting.
Simianpower chapter 7 . 9/2/2015
Not liking this chapter. I like Neville, but Lord Neville Longbottom-Black I don't buy. I get that maybe you didn't want Harry to get it, because he always does, but changing inheritance laws just to make sure he gets it is corny. And also, Neville is a great follower, and might BECOME a great leader in 5-10 years, but having Neville as a leader at this point feels very artificial... because it is.

Also, pussy-Harry bores me. "She said I did something wrong, so I must have even though I don't know what it was, and I'm always in the wrong because poor-pitiful-me." In particular, pussy-whipped Harry bores me the most. Usually it's Hermione pulling puppet!Harry's strings, but in this fic it looks like it's going to be Luna pulling them. I'd hoped that after getting out, doing the things he's done, Harry would grow a bit of a spine, become a partner for Luna, but it looks like it's only Luna with the spine and Harry is still the dishrag he always was until around book 7 (which was terrible). I really, REALLY hope that this changes, because I don't care to read another 20 chapters of suddenly-capable-Luna running everything. It's difficult but possible to believe her as a strong partner for a strong Harry, but it's NOT possible to buy her as a sudden general with Harry as her lapdog. That's too big of a change. And plus also, boring. "HELP" of a seer is not the same as "General-seer Luna and her boytoy".
Simianpower chapter 5 . 9/2/2015
Uhh... if they weren't yet Death Eaters, then what's with the soul magic in the left arms? This chapter is really self-contradictory. Did you edit it partway through and forget to change some parts? Even if this is explained in future chapters, it's a plot hole that SHOULD be addressed immediately, and in the place in the story where it occurs.
Simianpower chapter 4 . 9/2/2015
Thanks for not covering every single detail in the Gringott's meeting. I've read that far, FAR too many times in other stories. Better to show than tell, that's for sure.
Simianpower chapter 3 . 9/2/2015
There are already so many things wrong with this!

1) Unless Xeno took out ALL of his attackers, they wouldn't have left their casualties lying around. It's bad for their aura of invincibility if one guy took out "several" of them. In fact, they would have burned the house down around him and left the dark mark. "Plot requires otherwise" is not a good validation for this.

2) Luna, a 5th year-to-be, can do human transfiguration? Even on corpses that is WAY too advanced for her.

3) Harry is NOT the trusting sort. There's no way he'd have put all his stuff, explicitly including his wand and probably glasses, into a bag from an unknown party with unknown enchantments on it. No way in hell. Not after he'd just been duped at the DoM.

4) Animagus amulet? Really? Again, too easy, violates canon, and everyone and his cousin would have these.

Interesting story, but these first few chapters are pretty rough with unnecessary flaws. They don't add to the story, and interrupt the suspension of disbelief. I'd suggest removing them if you can.
Matt chapter 1 . 8/11/2015
Dam... That my friends is how you start a story. I am so hooked
GoodshipHarmony chapter 26 . 7/9/2015
Charming story - so sad about Luna being imprisoned though! I felt cold for her! You have a wonderful way of weaving words into a great story. Unique plot - just wonderful! Thank you.
birdwoman95 chapter 26 . 7/8/2015
I don't know if I ever reviewed this story. I will say that it is one of my favorites. Well written, well thought out, original. Thank you so much for writing and sharing it.
at-nightfall chapter 26 . 7/3/2015
Using a black powder revolver with extra cylinders instead of reloading cartridges actually makes sense. I know that reloading is done in the US, but it is usually not allowed in Germany, and gun control is even stricter in the UK than in Germany.
To be allowed a gun, you need a gun license.
For the black powder revolver you need at least a fireworks license, which is manageable, too.
For reloading, you need a license to handle explosives, which is much more difficult to get and to maintain than a gun license. The point is to limit high explosives to a very small group of people, which can be regularly checked.
stacygrrl2002 chapter 20 . 4/14/2015
I like the M79 thumper. Lite and versatile 40mm, anti-personnel, high-ex, etc. The 50 cal will shoot through a concrete wall, or over a mile accurately. Very nice. I would think they would do well against a troll, especially if they can target a soft spot in the "t" zone
stacygrrl2002 chapter 13 . 4/13/2015