Reviews for Reap the Whirlwind
Jenneh chapter 4 . 7/29/2012
I loved everything about this. Your Barabariccia is beautifully written and most of all believable. Your narrative voice for her is absolutely perfect. I really adored everything you did here and mostly just wanted to say thanks for sharing this.
Kel-bel C chapter 4 . 5/20/2012
Whew. Where to begin?

First of all, I'll just say that your story is amazing! I've never, ever read a piece of work that embodies all that Barbariccia is as much as this one does. I never really thought about the archfiends' histories-where they came from, why they were even there, etc. But your story fills in the holes beautifully.

Part of the effectiveness of this piece is the syntax, and the sentence structure. I felt so...distanced, while reading it. But it works! I could also feel Barbariccia's despair, anger, and frustration so easily. You managed to take a somewhat minor boss in the story-line and make her into this dynamic character that I was rooting for the whole time!

Another thing that stood out to me: You didn't take the story out of canon. Ordinarily, I'm an AU reader, but this is the only way it could have been. Using the existing situations to explain Barbariccia's reactions made the story strong-especially for someone who's played the game.

I cannot believe this doesn't have more reviews! I mean, I know FFIV doesn't have the biggest fandom, but still. Well, anyway, I'll wrap up my long review and say that it was simply splendid! You're an extraordinary writer and I'll be on the lookout for more of your stories. :)

-Kelbel C