Reviews for A Swan In Hiding
Very charming chapter. Well done
hrhdana chapter 28 . 1/5/2014
Oh good one!
wildflowers1224 chapter 9 . 1/4/2014
General edits for all preceding chapters:
- In the second chapter you spell Elizabeth's name as Elisabeth throughout.
- In the second chapter you spell Catherine as Catharine.
- Lady Catherine's daughter is Anne de Bourgh - she is should formally be referred to as Miss de Bourgh, not Miss Ann (she is the eldest by default).
- Neither Elizabeth nor Mary should be referred to as Miss Bennett as this is reserved for the eldest unmarried daughter.
- There are several mixups when you write "women" but really meant "woman".
- You wrote "loosing" instead of "losing" (chapter nine).
- Lady Catherine/Rosings Park is not in London, but rather in Kent, but we could chalk this up to creative license.
- It would have been quite unseemly for a man of no relation to Mary to be with her a tea house alone. Even with Lady C looking on from beyond.
- Sometimes punctuation is left off and random words are capitalized. Most often when the paragraph is ending with a quote.

To be honest, I don't generally offer edits to people. And I certainly do not provide critiques on stories that are riddled with mistakes, as I normally give up reading them quickly and it would be far too time consuming. But since these are mostly primarily quick mistakes that would give your story a more polished feel so I felt inclined to share. I hope you read them in the spirit that I offer them. Overall I like the story, poor Mary doesn't often get much attention. Thank you for sharing your story.
AnglophileJD85 chapter 28 . 1/3/2014
Thank you for the dedication.

I am really happy with this chapter. Wish there was more Bingley bashing. However, I await the wedding.
Lynette chapter 28 . 1/3/2014
I'm waiting for the final chapter!
mysweetkat chapter 28 . 1/3/2014
Excellent chapter since we read about the adoration of Richard. Worth the wait. Looking forward to the next chapter.
ElizabethAnneSoph chapter 28 . 1/3/2014
*Jaw hit the floor* wow! Richard a romantic?! My god I am waiting while holding my breath for the next chapter to come!
And the way Mary handled miss Bingley was perfect, absolutely perfect! I love this story so much! Especially the romance between Mary and Richard! More please?!

As always my deepest compliments on your story
LittleRedRobyn chapter 28 . 1/3/2014
Oh my goodness! YOU'RE BACK *happy dance* Its so nice to 'see' you again haha. This chapter was worth the wait, though i'm scared to think how long the next one might take... Only teasing! I eagarly await the finale xx
lynxeyed528 chapter 28 . 1/3/2014
Seriously, I think I read that three times to make sure I had read it right. Can't wait until the next installment :)
flower123 chapter 28 . 1/3/2014
Ooooooooo! They are tying the knot early
TheDuchessTab chapter 28 . 1/3/2014
I still wait with bated breath! I love Mary's story! I cant wait for her wedding to Richard!
sweetandlow1012 chapter 28 . 1/3/2014
So glad you've updated!
Pineapple0215 chapter 28 . 1/3/2014
I only wish you could've stuck it to Miss Bingley just a little more I do enjoy her arrogance and self importance being knocked down a few pegs at the hands of the ultra elite :) Ive loved the evolution of Mary and now the Earl over time. I almost did not begin this story but I am happy that you managed to engage and endear me with your words in character/storyline development. I hope Mary in the style of Lady Catherine gets the opulent wedding befitting an Earl :) for a spectacular Happily ever after. I enjoyed this one even if it was a bit short considering the time of last post (ha!) lol :)
iknowyou2 chapter 27 . 10/25/2013
I just found your story and I LOVE it. I hope you update soon.
can't think chapter 27 . 9/25/2013
Did not expect Caroline to be there!

I think Mary did fine. A little nervous, but who could blame her?
403 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »