Reviews for A Swan In Hiding
Atka-Jane chapter 31 . 3/28/2016
Finally! I just finished reading this story and I like it very much. There's a LOT of grammar errors but you sneaky I feel like all these errors were made on purpose to make it seem like this is early English literature and somehow I really really like it. If only the spellings were not as terrible because "a women" can really be "a woman" I'm sure but hey I think in Austen novel there were quite an eyeful of errors but that's what made it all the more fun. I don't believe you if you're a bad writer because there are A LOT of your word arrangement that made me think you ARE a legit author so this is a mystery I really want to solve. You use all words like "nary" like you've done your research. And your arrangements of words, although awkward are flowing seamlessly, like you're speaking instead of writing. It's really strange. I really did overlook your grammar error after a few chapters. I think except for chapter 25, in which I don't understand a lot of the description you wrote and i didn't even bother to understand because I just want to move on to the next buildup. Oh well. I really like this writing, I'm glad it's not as long because my brain can only take so much errors, but wow your penmanship is really good. In a twisted way. Hmmm
Atka-Jane chapter 3 . 3/24/2016
I really like the potentials of your story after reading the first 3 chapters but your words are long in a sentence, with no punctuation at the words that would have been more effective if they were punctuated. The meanings become lost with the overflowing words and it takes readability away from a reader. But don't worry, your story is very interesting and the Austenian voice is not lost in this story so I will definitely give this a chance :)
ebdarcy.qt4good chapter 31 . 2/7/2016
Good work! I liked seeing a story on Mary and her happy ending :)
Guest chapter 31 . 1/10/2016
This was a lovely story! I hope you write more similar ones :)
TiaMaria710 chapter 31 . 11/29/2015
Good character development. It was nice reading about the characters you chose to focus on. I wish there had been more dialogue. Thanks for writing.
TiaMaria710 chapter 22 . 11/29/2015
A sweet romance. Lovely.
TiaMaria710 chapter 17 . 11/29/2015
Nice surprise.
miss chrisy chapter 31 . 11/7/2015
I really loved your story and it was written so well but the only downside was the chapters were too short for my taste. But I understand long chapters may have been hard for you.
Thank you for the lovely story.
Srbcarson chapter 31 . 8/22/2015
Thank you for such a lovely story. Once you eliminate the spelling errors, this would be a wonderful story for purchase on Amazon. :) Thank you for sharing this story with us!
Srbcarson chapter 4 . 8/21/2015
Haha, I love that. That is very Lady Catherine to just demand a guest of someone's else's house to remain with her. :) Love it!
Srbcarson chapter 1 . 8/21/2015
What a lovely first chapter! I am really looking forward to reading more! :) Luckily for me, there are many I can binge on!
kazza chapter 14 . 3/7/2015
Mary always deserved more than she got in the book. I love your story, so delighrful!
Heather Snow chapter 31 . 1/8/2015
I enjoyed the overall storyline and plot. I love stories that focus on minor characters, especially Colonel Fitzwilliam or one of the less-appreciated characters like Mary, Kitty, or Charlotte. So, this was great.

But, you could really use someone to beta-read for you. There are frequent mistakes throughout, but Chapter 20 was the point at which there was a stretch with multiple mistakes in each sentence. It was very distracting, but avoidable. Many of them were spelling mistakes that would be caught by a spell-checker, just use Google to find a free one. It'd be great if you updated with a more polished version.

Also, for me, the appearance of Lydia at the end was jarring and took away from what was gearing up to be a lovely ending.

Still, I enjoyed the chance to see Mary and Colonel Fitzwilliam end up together.
LoveLoony chapter 31 . 12/31/2014
I adored this story, you captured Mary and Richard in the best ways possible. I also loved the friendship between Mary and Anne it was perfectly written. I had a smile on my face the entire time! Thank you.
Beloved Daughter chapter 31 . 11/22/2014
What a lovely ending to a lovely story.

I do apologize for the slightly belated review. I waited to read the last chapter until I had time to reread the entire story and its conclusion.

I have to admit that I did not expect that bit of action right at the end. Brilliant in its unexpectedness and of course in the happily ever after ending.

Thank you again for writing and posting this darling story.
456 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »