Reviews for A Swan In Hiding
Lover-of.black.nailpolish chapter 30 . 7/23/2014
I was amazed by how well written this story was and how it followed the language of the time so precisely. Its great and i love it!
breaker99 chapter 30 . 7/5/2014
This was a really good story & now you have me wanting to read the last chapter! I'm really looking forward to finally seeing the wedding, so please don't forget to update ch. 31 LOL
Xandora chapter 30 . 6/24/2014
Well, I don't think I'll be the 385th but good luck to the rest of those interested in having a dedicated chapter! I would just like to say that I really enjoyed this story, it was well written and an astonishingly original idea. I've always liked Mary and felt bad that, of the five sisters, she seemed to have the littlest character development and was most likely to be the only one who never married; a sad prospect when two (arguably 3) of her sisters enjoyed such happy marriages. Thank you for having such a brilliant mind and for sharing with us.
Beloved Daughter chapter 30 . 6/22/2014
I absolutely adore this story! Mary is definitely a neglected character and one many girls can relate to so to see a story where she shines is a wonderful change.

I also loved your depiction of Lady Catherine and Cynthia. A refreshing change from the typical 2-dimensional depiction of the former in particular.

Colonel Fitzwilliam is adorable, if a bit sappy, in his adoration of Mary.

Please update again soon!
mengtoreality chapter 30 . 6/3/2014
Please update soon!
hongkongphooey63 chapter 30 . 5/26/2014
Just found this story and now find myself eager to read Part 2 - c'mon, give us a quick update xx
hrhdana chapter 30 . 5/26/2014
I adore these two together- so lovely
ladyofthedragons1 chapter 30 . 5/26/2014
Of course I will check out your other stories... I love your work! I can't wait for them to finally get married! Update soon please!
ElizabethAnneSoph chapter 30 . 5/26/2014
What a lovely chapter! Mary really has evolved a great deal in this story, and now she is to marry Richard! I hope they will know bliss, and happiness! I liked that Cynthia came and talked to her, and got her to relax somewhat! Only one complaint, the chapter was too short.

As always my deepest compliments on your story
Contrari Mari chapter 29 . 4/10/2014
I love this story of the middle Bennett so much, that I have read it all in two days, and this was in between caring for my sick husband and a four year old grandson with bronchitis. This story has really helped to elevate my spirits. There is nothing like a good romance. I am so pleased that Wickham is finished with and we need never fear him blackmailing any beloved characters again. Lady Catherine and Anne have really been fun and a delight to read. It is a pleasant change from Lady C being such a crazy bitch in other stories, and I like that Anne is a real person here too. I really do like the Marlocks, and Cynthia is a wonderful mother-in-law to look forward to. Please don't ever stop writing. I like the way you are taking what we know about familiar characters, and adding to them. Lydia is revealed at her predatory, overly indulged worst, and I don't think it surprised most of us. She is what she is, and what her parents made her. It is also refreshing to read about the Bennett's with Lizzy and Jane taking a back seat to Mary in the action. She truly was a swan in waiting and is no longer the ugly duckling in the Bennett pond. What a pity that her parents and sisters neglected her for so many years, and were so focused on themselves. Please keep updating this delightful tale. For the next ten years would be just about enough to satisfy me. Or a sequel now and then would be nice. Thank you for a delightful read that has given me so much joy.
Contrari Mari chapter 22 . 4/10/2014
Awesome and totally delightful. This is like a wonderful fairy tale, complete with Cinderella and Prince Charming, and a lot of fairy god mothers. I am shuddering to think what the evil queen will have to say about all of this!
Contrari Mari chapter 12 . 4/10/2014
Mrs. Bennett is such a hag, I can't see how anyone tolerates her. It will be so nice to see her squirm when Mary walks off with the prize and a title. I honestly wanted to slap the woman after this chapter. It is also nice that Mister B. is actually kind and loving to the daughter that he usually treats to sarcastic mocking and derision.
Contrari Mari chapter 11 . 4/10/2014
I really am enjoying this story that I just stumbled upon. It is so nice to see Mary being treated well, and the promise of a future with the Colonel is just so unexpected, but nice. Thank you for a charming and amusing makeover of the overlooked Bennett sister. Normally people palm Mary off on a clergyman or a clerk, a widower, or an older man. It is refreshing that she is being given a chance to shine here, and to make a future that will make Mrs. Bennett shriek in ecstasy. It might even temporarily make her Mrs. B's favorite daughter for almost five minutes...
hrhdana chapter 29 . 3/24/2014
Worth the wait- still enjoying!
can't think chapter 29 . 3/23/2014
aww, that was so sweet about the necklace!
430 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »