Reviews for A Swan In Hiding
Red Eyed Newborn chapter 29 . 3/22/2014
this story has grew wonderfully!
miriamktr chapter 29 . 3/21/2014
Man I have been waiting for an update I feel like I should go back and read the whole story again. Thanks for the update
janashe chapter 29 . 3/21/2014
Yea! You're back! Thanks for posting
Gothic Miko Princess chapter 29 . 3/21/2014
I just reread your story, and it has reminded my of why I love this story so much.
ElizabethAnneSoph chapter 29 . 3/21/2014
There is only one word for this chapter: BRILLIANT! Evil of you to leave us right here! It was just getting good! Can't wait for more soon!

As always my deepest compliments on your story
mysweetkat chapter 29 . 3/21/2014
Welcome back you were sorely missed! Another excellent chapter but we hope for more to whet out appetite. Please update soon with a longer chapter about May's lovely loving wedding.
Rayne236 chapter 29 . 3/20/2014
YAY! This is so damn cute. And thanks for the dedication :)
Please update soon I adore this story!
Rayne236 chapter 28 . 2/3/2014
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CONTINUE SOON! OMG I LOVE THIS SO VERY VERY MUCH! IT IS A WONDERFULLY AWESOME STORY!
Julianabr chapter 28 . 1/26/2014
I read this work in progress for the first time tonight. What a charming story! I have always loved the colonel and Mary pairing. One of the great things about Darcy and Lizzy was that it so dumbfounded their mother. Lizzy, who is 'nothing to Jane', catches the bigger fish. How much better that Mary catches the biggest of all! I also like lady Catherine and Anne being portrayed as more complex characters than is usually seen. I have also always been fond of the colonel. So much is made of the taciturn Darcy finding love and joy - which is great, don't get me wrong. But I also see the colonel as an equally complex man. Yes, all affability on the outside, but as a warrior, a soldier, what gravity and horror he must have been witness to. He is not the kind of man to who would find a drawing room decoration appealing. He loves Mary's gentleness, her humility, her flowering upon receiving the right care and attention. He is equally touched be a pure and good heart.

So, bravo!

There were some things that came to mind while reading, that I'd like to pass on. Though I realize that your universe differs somewhat from P&P, I think I would have found it helpful to have more brief hints of how Lizzy and Darcy's story was progressing in parallel to Mary's. It would help to give a sense of how much time is passing, and also help in the same way jane and Bingley's union be shown as another face of passionate love. We have three very different sisters in love with very different men. Each couple can in some sense be described more clearly as they are contrasted and compared to the other two couples.

We don't actually get very many scenes with Mary and the colonel together. I kind of expected more interaction at Kent. It can (and perhaps ought to) be interactions where Mary is clueless, but I wanted to see them in each other's company a bit more.

The last thing was that I was a little unclear exactly who died. It seemed like it was his older brother, but then all of a sudden he was earl. Had his father already died, and the brother had been earl before? And did the brother have a wife who might have played a role with the women at matlock?

Anyway, this is a really good effort! I thank you for your hard work on behalf of all of us grateful readers. I can't wait for the next chapters! :)
Serpent91 chapter 28 . 1/6/2014
Very charming chapter. Well done
hrhdana chapter 28 . 1/5/2014
Oh good one!
wildflowers1224 chapter 9 . 1/4/2014
General edits for all preceding chapters:
- In the second chapter you spell Elizabeth's name as Elisabeth throughout.
- In the second chapter you spell Catherine as Catharine.
- Lady Catherine's daughter is Anne de Bourgh - she is should formally be referred to as Miss de Bourgh, not Miss Ann (she is the eldest by default).
- Neither Elizabeth nor Mary should be referred to as Miss Bennett as this is reserved for the eldest unmarried daughter.
- There are several mixups when you write "women" but really meant "woman".
- You wrote "loosing" instead of "losing" (chapter nine).
- Lady Catherine/Rosings Park is not in London, but rather in Kent, but we could chalk this up to creative license.
- It would have been quite unseemly for a man of no relation to Mary to be with her a tea house alone. Even with Lady C looking on from beyond.
- Sometimes punctuation is left off and random words are capitalized. Most often when the paragraph is ending with a quote.

To be honest, I don't generally offer edits to people. And I certainly do not provide critiques on stories that are riddled with mistakes, as I normally give up reading them quickly and it would be far too time consuming. But since these are mostly primarily quick mistakes that would give your story a more polished feel so I felt inclined to share. I hope you read them in the spirit that I offer them. Overall I like the story, poor Mary doesn't often get much attention. Thank you for sharing your story.
AnglophileJD85 chapter 28 . 1/3/2014
Thank you for the dedication.

I am really happy with this chapter. Wish there was more Bingley bashing. However, I await the wedding.
Lynette chapter 28 . 1/3/2014
I'm waiting for the final chapter!
mysweetkat chapter 28 . 1/3/2014
Excellent chapter since we read about the adoration of Richard. Worth the wait. Looking forward to the next chapter.
412 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »