Reviews for The Consultation
GriffinStar chapter 18 . 4/9/2012
Oh go on Louisa, just curl up next to Martin eh? Those two need a fairy godmother in the shape of the ghost of Joan to give them a huge shove in the right direction I think!
fanficfan71 chapter 18 . 4/8/2012
I'm glad Louisa got to witness this scene with Martin and James Henry. Great chapter, looking forward to your next update.
robspace54 chapter 18 . 4/8/2012
If only, if only... Very nice chapter reading Doc's thoughts.
Chapin chapter 18 . 4/8/2012
So tender- so poignant - so sad. In the words of Auntie Joan, "Silly boy. Why doesn't he just tell her how he feels?". And we would add, "Silly girl. Why doesn't she just tell him how she feels?
Bodmin chapter 18 . 4/8/2012
Martin really was taken by surprise by his love for James. For once he found someone for whom he wants to care and who lets him. He wanted to care for Louisa, but she pushed him away. He wanted to care for Joan, but she didn't want to. He never gave a toss about anyone else.

James is there, needs his care, accepts it happily, and he has an untainted time with him.

I'm glad that Louisa saw the two together. Maybe it brings her to her senses.
GriffinStar chapter 17 . 4/1/2012
Love how you are weaving this in with the canon. In the past Martin has been able to shut out, ignore, and walk away from things that he doesn't know how to deal with, but as every parent knows, it's so very different when you have kids, as Martin is discovering for himself in this excellent chapter.
DeclanS chapter 17 . 3/31/2012
Perhaps Martin is beginning to learn something by observing the many people he comes into contact with. But it is no good just allowing it all to ruminate inside his head. He needs to take some action before it is too late.

The treat with this story is that we get to see what might have happened behind the scenes of a 47 minute tv episode.

Nicely imagined and nicely written.
Bodmin chapter 17 . 3/30/2012
It's interesting to see how Martin suddenly notices other people kids and learns from the encounters. I just hope he had mistaken the pram.

I think it was a wise decision to postpone the financial arrangements until he had spoken with Louisa.
Boots1980 chapter 17 . 3/29/2012
Borrows seems like an ideal replacement for Martin as GP in Port Wenn. His next solicitor can make the financial arrangements for James Henry. Aunt Ruth can keep an eye on the baby and Louisa. The odd teenage girl is capable of caring for James Henry when Louisa has a council meeting. His shoes have been resoled. Cod is for dinner. Everything is in order. Well, not quite everything.
robspace54 chapter 17 . 3/29/2012
A lot going on for the doc. I hope he is a good muffler!

Brilliant.
fanficfan71 chapter 17 . 3/28/2012
I'm glad he ditched the solicitor. The American GP sounds nice. Great chapter.
Chapin chapter 17 . 3/28/2012
Martin has to be so conflicted. An event that triggers memories of his own childhood. His change of plans may have to do with more than changing solicitors. He is realizing providing for his son is not enough. Sleep will not come easily. This is fleshing out the canon so well!
Bodmin chapter 16 . 3/27/2012
Martin is really desperate. He wants to help, wants to be involved, wants to take responsibility, but doesn't dare to talk to Louisa about it, so he's making it worse in making arrangements behind her back. But what's the alternative for him? Do nothing? He doesn't know any better way.

I'm curious how Louisa will take it.
jd517 chapter 16 . 3/26/2012
An extraordinary chapter. Martin's exchange with Ruth brought tears to my eyes, even knowing where series 5 ends up. You have filled in the spaces left by the writers of the show eloquently and with volumes of emotion. Thank you.
GriffinStar chapter 16 . 3/24/2012
Communication. Lack of. Martin can't face up to talking things through with Louisa, but instead is going round the houses, seeing solicitors, arranging payments for James, worrying that he'll go without - but he will be going without his father, which is far more relevant. Your chapter makes want to scream at Martin to just snap out of it and tell Louisa how he really feels!Great stuff.
160 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »